General Information ( From Wiz)

It's actually the same block skill (works just like monk block), it's just that skill mods from items do nothing if your class doesn't get that skill naturally.

Wesell said:
The 5 extra block skill is not applied.

Thats my point... Monks/Bst can't use that shield so whats the point of the Block Skill bonus being thier??? Since it apparently doesn't do anything for any class that can use it.

Kirin Folken said:
Thats my point... Monks/Bst can't use that shield so whats the point of the Block Skill bonus being thier??? Since it apparently doesn't do anything for any class that can use it.

Then go make a S&R post about it and stop trashing up this thread that is for listing facts not debating them.

Kirin Folken said:
Whats the point of that shield with +5 block skill on it then?

It's my understanding this grants the block skill if you don't have it in much the same way that +1 crit strike allows a player to critical if they cannot otherwise.

Manguadi said:
It's my understanding this grants the block skill if you don't have it in much the same way that +1 crit strike allows a player to critical if they cannot otherwise.
+skills have never worked this way.

crit strike is an advanced item effect much like focus effects and work differently

PETS

ALL pets can use armor on ALL slots
Pets have a fixed delay
pets have a set amount of attacks so making it wield two weapons is only good for increasing its amount of procs.
Pets do not becomes rogues, wizards, etc. Water pet slows, fire pet does the most damage (even ds excluded), air pet stuns, earth pet roots. Fire is lowest hp, water and air identical in middle, earth highest.
Pets have their own resists. Fire pets are resistant to fire, etc.
Magician Water pet slow is fixed at 25%.

Charmed pets have a max of 50% haste.

Does the first weapon's DMG stat effect the pets damage output or is it both weapons are only good for stats like.. SV.. AC.. Procs.. etc.?

Does giving a pet a shield also give him the "shield block skill"??

Thks.
G.

Does the first weapon's DMG stat effect the pets damage output or is it both weapons are only good for stats like.. SV.. AC.. Procs.. etc.?

The pet will actually attack with each weapon independently. I believe that DMG for each weapon affects swings with that weapon if it raises damage. You usually only see this effect on lower levels however.

Also there is a post of mine in this thread that contains some corrections to that pet information.

Does giving a pet a shield also give him the "shield block skill"??

Thks.
G.

At low levels a higher damage weapon can, if still does, affect damage. Delays are absolutely fixed though. If the weapon DamX2 is greater than your pets max hit then it will be the new max hit. Pets do receive stats/AC/procs etc from items as long as they do meet the level rec.

Shields do let your pet bash, as for block skill, I do not think so but can never be 100% sure.

Have I ever been about consistency?

The number doesn't translate perfectly (it uses a raw exp value before any modifiers to track this, so that exp bonus of a zone doesn't affect new area bonus), but I'll crunch the math when I find a moment.

Have I ever been about consistency?

The number doesn't translate perfectly (it uses a raw exp value before any modifiers to track this, so that exp bonus of a zone doesn't affect new area bonus), but I'll crunch the math when I find a moment.

Oh that's pretty cool actually. Thanks for looking into it.

hay Zaknafean "Parry + Riposte are lost while casting. This was done to balance out the fact that a hybrid with a shield can out-mitigate a warrior, instead of just nerfing shields.
Dodge, shield block are retained while casting." does that throw off the new knight changes any?.

hay Zaknafean "Parry + Riposte are lost while casting. This was done to balance out the fact that a hybrid with a shield can out-mitigate a warrior, instead of just nerfing shields.
Dodge, shield block are retained while casting." does that throw off the new knight changes any?.

That's old info which is not even correct any more.

Correct. Casting doesn't affect those things at this point. I'll see if I can't update the list with more current info.

SPECIALIZATION

The specializations are as follows:

Blade/Strike Specialization - Improves your skill and damage with 1hs, 2hs, 1hp, 2hp and h2h.
Blunt/Agility Specialization - Improves your skill and damage with 1hb and 2hb, as well as your combat avoidance.
Sight/Warding Specialization - Improves your skill and damage with archery and throwing, as well as your ability to resist spells.
Energy/Defense Specialization - Improves the damage of your damage spells, the healed amount of your healing spells and traps, and your mitigation.
Focus/Mind Specialization - Improves your ability to bypass the resists of enemies, as well as your ability to conserve mana on casting.

The overall gains will be at least 10% for maxed.
The gains will be linear.

I think I parsed this some time ago at 12.5% increase to damage from nuking, and assumed it was the same for most things? Could the real benefits be elaborated on?

ATTACK/MELEE
Paladins/Warriors receive an innate crit chance against all mobs.

Does this stack with item, aa's etc crit chance?

I'd assume it does, making paladins and warriors always have the highest % chance to melee crit, but not sure this is true.

Do + damage gloves effect pets melée if they do not have a weapon equiped?
Also what about fist prcs and brace/bash profs aka sholders

Back
Top Bottom