Unlabeled AA and Tome values

Never mind, found it: Secrets of the Wee Folk (Increase innate death save) - 10 % increased chance of innate death save (fatal hit dodge)

Is this still correct?

Never mind, found it: Secrets of the Wee Folk (Increase innate death save) - 10 % increased chance of innate death save (fatal hit dodge)

Is this still correct?

Is this 10% increase to death save effects that you have? Or would it act as a 10% death save effect independently? I would assume innate means it would affect you if you were naked with no buffs and no racial death save, but you never know in this game!

It's another independent roll. So if you were a cleric with no buffs, but eternal benevolence maxed out (since the fix), you'd get a roll for EB, and if that failed you'd get a roll for the codex. If that failed you'd die. So a 6% chance and a separate 10% chance, not one 16% chance.

I see, thanks a lot sir. I was always curious how different instances of death saves worked. I am assuming they all work like that? (cleric, halfling, divine benevolence line, Hymn of the Savior, etc)

Somewhat. ALL death save from buffs is calculated as one roll. Since most of it doesn't stack with one another, this usually isn't an important fact. So the cleric from my previous example, with say bard song death save on, would have 3 separate rolls. One for all buff related death save, one for EB, and one for the codex.

Halfling death save bonus appears to be a bonus to stack itself to buff death save. However I think the math may be wrong, and it appears to only do anything if you have some form of buff death save on to begin with. That is to say its more of a 15% bonus to existing death save, IF you have a buff on. This may be a bug, and I'll have to confirm it through testing.

Since I am dissecting it line by line, there may in fact be a bug with the codex, making it not work at all if you're not a halfling... Some serious testing is needed, and I shall repost the truth of it later today.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks again for all of your hard/extra work!

If the halfling bonus stacks with a death save, does it stack with all death saves? Giving each separate roll 15% more chance?

At this time no. Given current implementation, this is likely expected behavior. I have a feeling the intention was to make it, its own separate category though. I'll have to confirm original intention.

Halfling deathsave originally would 'work' even without a death save buff. But you didn't get a full heal, just a 'dodge' of the death causing hit. I haven't seen this effect happen for years. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was bugged. I made a post about it, but other halflings claimed it worked for them so I dont know.

/shrug

In addition to the 'innate' save, halflings are supposed to get a 15% boost to death save buffs.

P.S. it's pretty weak to give halfling's racial trait to anyone :-/

Last edited:
I couldn't find your claim written anywhere Ponden ('halflings are supposed to get 15% bonus to death saves buffs in addition to the innate save').

I've written the fix, and I think its effects are logical. Note I didn't create the original effects, just making them work as they should.

There are now 4 separate death save types. Each is rolled separately, and happen in order. Obviously if one goes off, the others can't.

Death Save Buffs: All death save buff effects are added together, and the roll is made. If successful, you lose ALL death save buffs, and are healed to full. Chance of activating is based on the sum of the individual buffs.

Eternal Benevolence AA: It is VERY unlikely this will ever extend to non-clerics, but it is part of this none the less. The blow that SHOULD have killed you doesn't happen, and instead divine aura is cast on you, making you invulnerable, but unable to attack or cast. Chance of activation was broken, but is currently fixed at 2%/4%/6% depending on AA level.

Codex Save: When this fires off, the next swing to kill you misses, buying you maybe a chance to get a heal landed or something. The effect of this codex scales up from 0-10% depending on how filled the tome is, getting exponentially better til it reaches max.

Halfling Racial: Like the above, this one is a 15% chance that the next swing will not kill you, buying you a hit to hopefully find a more permanent solution to your dilemma. This is fixed at 15%.

Be aware that hit means ANY damage (except maybe fall damage, I didn't bother to check that). Back when the halfling racial worked, my rogue famously survived the AE death from running out of time on the Torment event.

This will hopefully go live this week, but I figured I'd keep you posted on the changes.

Also 1000th post!

Is Hymn of the Savior considered a "buff"? I figure yes, but wanted to make sure.

So the halfling and tome "death saves" only save you from any form of damage that would kill you, but everything after is fair game? Or does it check every time a form of damage might kill you?

If an AE hits you for 3k, and you have 2k HP left (the death save fires off), do you stay at 2k?

If you have 300hp left and get hit for 400 and are saved from your racial trait/tome, and then the next hit hits you for 500, do you get another roll?

Thanks~

Hymn of the savior is counted as a buff save.

Not sure if I understand what your asking here, but every hit that could kill you, has a roll made against it. Unlike buff death save, it is always on, so if you are absurdly lucky, you could in theory tank forever with no heals. Probability is stacked against you though.

The damage from a 'saved' hit from the codex or racial is reduced to 0. So you have whatever HP you have left.

As mentioned above, you have a chance every valid hit that could kill you. Looks like there are no exceptions.

That answers my questions...thanks again. Very interesting take on the tome and the racial. That definitely weakens them quite a bit from what I originally thought they did, but it is a neat little bonus either way.

Thanks for clearing everything up~

I couldn't find your claim written anywhere Ponden ('halflings are supposed to get 15% bonus to death saves buffs in addition to the innate save').

What?.....?

ToK Racial Trait post:

http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=5072

HALFLING
Infravision
Consumes Food Faster
Innate Death Save
+10% Taunt Chance
+15% Death Save Spell Effect
-5% Weapon Proc Rate
50 Sneak
50 Hide

Also: Just curious, but from the sound of it, you made death pact stack with divine intervention and hymm of the savior? Or do these bounce? There could potentially be a problem if all these buffs stack and the percents add.

What?.....?

ToK Racial Trait post:

http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=5072

HALFLING
Infravision
Consumes Food Faster
Innate Death Save
+10% Taunt Chance
+15% Death Save Spell Effect
-5% Weapon Proc Rate
50 Sneak
50 Hide

Also: Just curious, but from the sound of it, you made death pact stack with divine intervention and hymm of the savior? Or do these bounce? There could potentially be a problem if all these buffs stack and the percents add.

At the top of the linked post, Wiz says this:

DISCLAIMER: All +/- % are NOT absolute values, they are derived from the existing value. Meaning that +10% to Fear Resistance, if your normal chance of resisting a fear spell is 25%, turns it into 27.5%.

So doesn't that mean that, for the halfling death save bonus for example, it would simply take an existing "death save spell effect" on the halfling and increase that by 15% of the existing value? So a 10% chance would be increased to an 11.5% chance, etc.

Indeed. Thats how it works now, and how it will continue to work after the patch.

Ok, so now I am confused again (sorry), but does that mean the tome and the halfling death save bonus adds 10% or 15% to the total of your buff death save bonus? So with the tome a buff of 40% would give 44%?

Back
Top Bottom