Unlabeled AA and Tome values

No. I'll try to clear it up

Codex = up to 10% chance that a given hit that would kill you does 0 damage.

Buff = chance that a given hit that would kill you doesn't, and you are healed up all the way.

Halfling Innate Death Save = chance that a given hit that would kill you does 0 damage

Halfling Death save bonus = 15% bonus to death save buffs

As was pointed out to me, halflings actually have 2 different kinds of death save racials. The 15% bonus was and always has worked. The Innate was broken since the codex was implemented.

I was wondering about Harmonious Attack for Bards. How much of a percent chance for a double attack does it give, and does it affect both hands, or only the main hand?

I still can't find any information about Spell Casting Mastery (Improves your Focus/Mind specialization).

Since the benefit for this is specialization is ephemeral at best, how useful is this AA?

As a wizard, I rabidly leap at every iota of "Spell Hit." Does this do that? Or just reduce mana costs? Both?

Bone;50439 -- From General Info Thread said:
Hidden strength (AA) makes:

STR over the cap increase your damage.
STA over the cap increase your mitigation.
DEX over the cap increase your chance to hit.
AGI over the cap increase your chance to avoid.
CHA over the cap increase your chance of landing spells.

It takes roughly 3 points over the cap to get the result that 1 point under the cap gives you.

New numbers for hidden str?

Also, I'm kind of curious why the values listed in the OP aren't added in to the in-game descriptions? Seems like it would save people the trouble of having to come here (if they are even aware that they can come here), and as a whole promote increased player knowledge.

Halfling Death save bonus = 15% bonus to death save buffs

I'm assuming this is a modifier?
i.e: 30% death save buff * 15% bonus = 34.5% chance, not 30%+15% = 45% chance.

Both. Rank 3 gives you about 3.5% less resists (relative) and 4% less mana used.

I was under the impression that some time ago, that significant increases in % mana con was taken away from items, and added to specializations and/or aa's? Any chance you could clear this up so that we are a little more understanding of how much mana we are actually conserving with the different things combined?

Last edited:
I don't want to be beating a dead horse but are those hidden strength numbers available after the change?
it used to be 3 overcap to 1 pre-over cap stat how much was this altered?

thanks for your time

So something was mentioned to me, however the wording under the tome has me suspicious of if it were true or not.

The proc tome. Does it increase the % for all procs, or just weapons. I assumed the former, but while discussing it I was told it was mentioned it only functioned for weapons. I immediately went wtf, and attempted to find something confirming or denying that, but found nothing. So just asking for a confirmation here :D.

Question: I know that at certain AA numbers the XP required increases. Is it possible to get these numbers, please?

Do ikisith tomes affect pets?

If not can that be changed, since pet classes (mag/bst) tend to sacrifice a large amount of other abilities for their ability to have pets. The power gap between these classes and others really doesn't need to get any wider.

One thing that just came up in conversation discussing SK aggro, is that we don't know if Assault of Shadow does all its aggro instantly and simply has a recourse to prevent it from being spammed, or does it continue to give more aggro each tick?

From what I understand Focus/Mind + Spell Casting Mastery used to be worth less than 2% mana cost reduction, while Mana Conservation gave 3% reduction per rank with rank 6 being the highest. Now 250 Focus/Mind gives 9% reduction while Spell Casting Mastery 3 increases Focus/Mind by 50%, increasing the reduction to 13.5%. The exact percentage reduction varies by spell as mana usage only uses whole numbers.

It's my understanding that Focus/Mind & Spell Casting Mastery also increases your ability to bypass enemy resists. Are the resist modifier numbers the same as the mana cost modifier numbers here? Not sure how the bypass ability works, but I figured since resists are usually calculated in whole numbers as well, that they might work in a similar way.

Thanks,
Faldeney
65 Wizard

Last edited:
Advanced Foe Management (Increase root, mesmerize, and charm duration) - 10 % increased duration
Is there anyway this could be checked to see if this affects bard songs? TM said that it was intended to do so, but from my parsing, it does not seem to be affecting our charms or our mezzes. (or the 10% increase gets rounded down)

I haven't seen this answered unless I missed it, but does this tome work with bard songs? I assume it does nothing.

Did a quick board search for shared mind didn't find anything right away, could the first post of this be updated with exactly how shared mind works/is applied?

As per Cyzaine:

[(Shared Mind Level) * (Points Spent in Particular Skill)]/(Total Points that you can have in the skill)

So if your Shared Mind Level is level 3 and you've spent 3 points in combat agility, you'd have (3 * 3)/3 or 3% bonus.

If your Shared Mind level is 2 and you've spent 2 points in combat agility, you'd have (2 * 2)/3 or 1.333 truncated to 1 in this case.

If your shared mind level is 3 and you've spend 3 points in lightning reflexes, you'd have (3*3)/5 or 1.8 which I believe truncates to 1 in this case.

Even not maxed out it is by far the best 'buff' available in the game.

Resists as mentioned above don't follow that formula, its a pure (Shared Mind Level) * (Points spent in Resist AA)

How about these 2, I don't think I saw either of them listed in OP:

What's the specific list of AA's that the pet benefits from with Elemental Mastery?
Spell Casting Fury, Combat Ferocity, Combat Agility... and anything else?

Also, just to confirm that Combat Ferocity works for Monks/Beastlords that use hand to hand, because in-game the AA says "increase ability to hit with weapons"

Could you please give me some numbers for the Mage Class (Pet) Tomes -
Word of Power 1 and Word of Power 2 (Increase in Pet damage, length of effect, recast time) and Empowered Flock 1 (damage per explosion)

Thx

Back
Top Bottom