Have a suggestion for a new BD thread?

At some point in the raid game (some t8 fights, many more t9) its much more efficient mana and aggro wise to infact not have the warrior tanking.

Invisibility and Pet Owners

I would like to suggest that equality between Pet and non Pet owning classes would be served by removing the disappearance of pets when invising. This is more relevant than ever now that (a) pets can use armour and haste items and (b) that invis is almost mandatory in Ikisith.

Character cycling

Character cycling

Several people leave SoD extended times, or even permanently, leaving their characters in the hands of another individual or a guild. These characters seem to be coming up time and again as issues within SoD. For example, they got mentioned several times in the ringers discussion, big factor in the enchanter balancing, they block out advancement of alternate characters moving up, and they often become buff bots blocking potential grouping for individuals.

Can the powers of these characters be reduced somehow or possibly be temporarily turned off (I.E. deactivated) until owners return to play their characters? I often see characters pushed away from raids because a buff bot has a relic, that they do not. I.E. enchanters find it hard to get in raids before they have JB because most guilds have an abandoned enchanter that’s got Relic JB, and newer tanks can’t join PuGs because guilds have left over ringers (which I realize is different threat), characters are often by passed in groups because left over characters have better setups, often guild could bring up new active characters, but instead have the new character play an old account so they aren’t required to re-gear the new char… Etc. I am sure there are a ton of other issues I haven’t even looked at related to characters just lingering in the background.

Character cycling
... they block out advancement of alternate characters moving up, and they often become buff bots blocking potential grouping for individuals.

Can the powers of these characters be reduced somehow or possibly be temporarily turned off (I.E. deactivated) until owners return to play their characters?

Let buffs fade if the buffer leaves the group,this would help the grouping situation tremendously.
All this Emp/Kei/Virtue (err,Aego :) ) businees hurts the game badly,imho.

Let buffs fade if the buffer leaves the group,this would help the grouping situation tremendously.
All this Emp/Kei/Virtue (err,Aego :) ) businees hurts the game badly,imho.

this would create more problems than it would solve. For example, can you ever see a druid getting a group after this was implemented, if it meant his group couldn't have aego? I'd probably start playing my cleric a lot more, rather than let a druid come along for groups. I dont really think it would help enchanter's get groups either. Groups would learn to live with shaman haste, not bring caster dps and live without jb.

Also, I assume you wouldn't want buffs to fade if a char goes ld and cant get back in, as this could be terribad for both raiding and grouping (imagine having the cleric that cast sb raego go ld during bossfight on ae mob and suddenly have entire raid lose 1 healer and 1300hp). So that would mean they'd have to actually leave the group or raid for the buff to fade. In that scenario I see a lot of groups going with 4 or 5 characters and 2 logged out buffbots (or bypassing by raiding in the buffbots). Same with raids, can't make room for char x cuz need the buffbot to stay in raid. A class simply needs to be able to carry itself on other merits than buffs alone.

Agree, if you feel like u want to be that legit, just fade your own buffs, otherwise, why mess with everyone elses game?
Its already illegal to do that on a raid so that other guild dont have a unfair advantage or some buff classes are left out in favor of heavier DPS ones. ( camping the enchanter and adding another wizard or magician or necromancer )

The real problem with retired chars are tanks imo, like ringo. Retired buffers only save the SB buffs of the playing ones ( I can use the SB buff off my guild's shaman or i can use it off a retired shaman, but the retire will less likely mind or need it before its back up )

Lower tier casters are aways donating to get KEI or JB so they can improve their mana regen while soloing, u wanna make thair life harder?

again, if you feel its cheating to have a buff that you or your party cant cast, just click em off

Chanters don't get group invites because;

1) There is very little group content that requires major crowd control.
2) Players are terrified of charm for dps.
3) Enchanters are int casters, and non healing mana use is suspicious to the punching classes.
4) GoG dps is too complex for most punchers to fathom.

So before your suggested change Dalaya's favorite group is;

cleric, melee dps, melee dps, melee dps, melee dps, paladin

after your change its;

cleric/druid, shammy, melee dps, melee dps, melee dps, paladin

Because they are going to kill trivial content, over and over and over.

Personally, I love having a chanter in my group, as long as it's stral or raralith or aishii, because;

1) They GoG constantly
2) They tend not to get out of hand with the charming. (In other words, the world doesn't stop for 30 minutes to buff, equip, re-charm, etc when they charm a pet, they just quietly manage their own)
3) They almost never go oom
4) Gog is amazing.

Even CC aside (because I personally hate CC with a passion), enchanters really do bring some amazing bonuses to an xp group. They're kind of like shadow knights...not really anything wrong with 'em, some people just like to cry alot and don't understand how amazing their class is.

Personally, I love having a chanter in my group, as long as it's stral or raralith or aishii, because;

1) They GoG constantly
2) They tend not to get out of hand with the charming. (In other words, the world doesn't stop for 30 minutes to buff, equip, re-charm, etc when they charm a pet, they just quietly manage their own)
3) They almost never go oom
4) Gog is amazing.

Even CC aside (because I personally hate CC with a passion), enchanters really do bring some amazing bonuses to an xp group. They're kind of like shadow knights...not really anything wrong with 'em, some people just like to cry alot and don't understand how amazing their class is.

Pretty much.

when i group with a monk, i personally would rather have a chanter than any Caster DPS.

With all inputs aside, the suggestion was not buff bots or enchanter balancing, or ringers... It was to have old cycled chars, cycled out, because they hurt the server IMO. They also cause a lot of other contraversies as simply seen in this post.

I don't post much but I do Lurk on a lot of topics and was just wondering why topics were not just started in S&R and Moved here if it was a Big wide spread issue by a GM rather then having suggestions for new topics you could simply add from S&R. Mind you..... this would probley be better on S&R so i'm going to just wonder off and Lurk again

Except boxing is a reaction, not a cause.

If players could only play one main they owned on a raid, the effect would be guild consolidation. Not you receiving an invitation to fill the shadow knight spot.

So you would still end up with people like me who formed their own guild and started at tier 1 in rags, saying that you should do the same.

With all inputs aside, the suggestion was not buff bots or enchanter balancing, or ringers... It was to have old cycled chars, cycled out, because they hurt the server IMO. They also cause a lot of other contraversies as simply seen in this post.

I think you're clueless as to what hurts the server.

Snow_Man said:
I often see characters pushed away from raids because a buff bot has a relic, that they do not. I.E. enchanters find it hard to get in raids before they have JB because most guilds have an abandoned enchanter that’s got Relic JB

When does this ever happen? It's not even a problem with characters and this concept of "cycling". It's a problem with your guilds ethics.

I play an enchanter. My guild probably has three additional enchanters with Jayla's Boon. I was not once been turned down for a slot because I didn't have the four additional flowing thought.

Last edited:
Number of songs a bard can play.

I can appreciate the ease of use that comes with the current system of 2 beneficial and 2 detrimental songs. However, I cannot help but notice how much this limits the class. I believe that having the ability to twist your songs is what distinguished the class and the player. No one would dream of limiting any other class to only using four spells at a time. I am sure this has been discussed before but I would like to have an open forum on how the current system can be improved on.

Hybrid Relics/Ancients

So, I have noticed that there is only one hybrid class that has relics, and it's the bard. Why don't paladins, shadowknights, beastlords etc. get relics if bards do? Suggestion: SKs get something like the paladin runic.
Paladins get a nuke that's not OP and does 3k damage, but perhaps 500 or so - a considerable upgrade to Flame of Light
Beastlords get a new pet haste, or perhaps a big (ish) heal.

I believe the reasoning for that is that hybrids scale linearly in power with gear, specifically weapons, whereas casters don't (outside of focii, which isn't really raid related)

I think bards figured in to that after some debate because they do very little melee dps at relic tier

This may seem general, however I find that Shadowknights tank far better than Paladins. T6 SK (6.9k HP/1850 AC) tanks HFB with no problems while T7-8 Pally (7600 HP/1900 AC) struggles. Same group setup. WTF!

I blame the player not the class, also could be the group setup and group optimization with a play usually won't need that second healer so should replace it with dps.

Back
Top Bottom