Where did ya find us?

Waldoff

Administrator
Staff member
Are you new? Well, welcome to SoD! This thread is to help us understand where to focus our efforts on spreading word of the server. If you are new and wish to help us out please reply to this thread with where you heard about us!

Thank you much. I hope you enjoy the server!

google searched "private server" and looked through the lists...ive played almost every MMO out there so I was just kinda clicking my way down

Well, i recently tried the EQ free trial, and was horrified at the fact they were charging the same to play as for EQ2..so after getting over that, and playing enough to realize i wanted to keep playing, i did as LTG did, googling 'EQ free servers'. Voila, you guys were on top of the heap, and seem professional and dedicated. So hi and thanks for providing what i consider an essential service ;)

I found a link to SoD on the EQ1 boards in a thread about the new progression server. If only there was a way to bypass (legally) the requirment to have the EQ1 CDs I think we would get a lot more people.

I have been working on making a World of Warcraft level editor to make new maps. I copied the Elder Scrolls 3 editor and started making new models to match WoW models (such as trees and buildings).

Would it be possiable to basically recreate the EQ1 world we use with this kind of editing? This way when new people visit the site they are not turned away by the simple fact that they need to buy the old EQ1 CDs.

I understand that this kind of undertaking is beyond huge and would take quite some time, but even if it took a good 2 years, it might be worth it! My wife and I are both avid level editors every since the days of Doom 2 and would be willing to put in the time to do something like this if we had a little help.

I found a link to SoD on the EQ1 boards in a thread about the new progression server. If only there was a way to bypass (legally) the requirment to have the EQ1 CDs I think we would get a lot more people.

I have been working on making a World of Warcraft level editor to make new maps. I copied the Elder Scrolls 3 editor and started making new models to match WoW models (such as trees and buildings).

Would it be possiable to basically recreate the EQ1 world we use with this kind of editing? This way when new people visit the site they are not turned away by the simple fact that they need to buy the old EQ1 CDs.

I understand that this kind of undertaking is beyond huge and would take quite some time, but even if it took a good 2 years, it might be worth it! My wife and I are both avid level editors every since the days of Doom 2 and would be willing to put in the time to do something like this if we had a little help.

Look up openzone on eqemulator.org

Heard about you over on the EQEmu Site.

Just want to say that even though I'm still just level 4, seeing the depth of your customization just through things like the dialogue with NPCs, the insane racial bonuses and deity alignments, that I am highly impressed with this server and can't wait to devour more of your content. Thanks for this server, it's definitely something I've been lookin for!

Well, **** contacted my 4 EQ-live accounts about a free trial and the release of some new progression server. So I was like, woop!
Played 4 chars up on the trial then I saw someone say in OOC that there was a private server with totally custom content, I asked him for the URL, and here I am!

Totally enjoying myself so far, apart from the constant disconnect issues which are starting to get on my nerves. But the content is nice, the fact that tradeskills are useful is also a massive plus.

However, WHERE'S MY All/All DE Mask? How dare you remove it? :D Oh, and reintroduce the factions in Lguk (Mielech), I enjoyed being ally with the live froggies. :D

Last edited:
Heard about you over on the EQEmu Site.

Just want to say that even though I'm still just level 4, seeing the depth of your customization just through things like the dialogue with NPCs, the insane racial bonuses and deity alignments, that I am highly impressed with this server and can't wait to devour more of your content. Thanks for this server, it's definitely something I've been lookin for!

Same as feli - few of us from an EQEmu server decided to give this one a shot after doing some in depth research. Might be more of us inc 8).

Agree totally with feli tho, we cant help but be impressed by the sheer level of detail you guys have worked to create here, the immersion puts EQ1 to shame almost, tho only lvl 10, i have to say im loving every second of the live-esque experience (but totally new so its not borring!)

Great job!

I was told about this about 2 years ago by the IT guy where I used to work, only just gotten around to investigating and trying it out.

You guys are amazing for doing this, thanks so much for your efforts!

Found one day as I was browsing through top 100 mmo's. Also my search was based on the fact my comp specs are state-of-the-art 2002, figured this would play decent on my old comp, and it does. Looking forward to playing and supporting the server for many years to come!

After trying out some other mmo's, I could tell in a short period of time this one is well taken care of. New ideas, constant growth, servers are rarely down, you guys are great :)

Was thinking about old EQ and how much fun it was back in the day. I looked up Dulak's Harbor with google and a couple links later I was here reading through some of the information. I played EQ for just over 5 years. I had a lot of fun with my guild.

From the P99 forums. The guys at EQEmulator didn't authenticate my account so I couldn't complete the client setup (and three weeks later they still haven't, even after several emails to their webmaster).

I saw some guy advertising SoD on the P99 forums, and liked what I saw. :)

Back
Top Bottom