Flash Map Final Beta!

Waldoff

Administrator
Staff member
After months of work on the part of GM-Nwaij the SoD flash map is ready to be released to the public. This version is still a bit rough but is very near to being ready to sit on the front page.

Please take a couple minutes and look the map over. We need both bug reports and also spelling/grammar/consistency problem reports on all the zone lore (as it was written by various volunteer players.)

You can find the MAP here.

Works great on windows explorer on my work computer.
GOOD WORK!

nitpicky personal prefrence the scroll could be a tad faster.Not sure if its my crappy inter net browser window but would be nice if it fit to screen and I didn't have to scroll around

Last edited:
Nice work.

Perhaps a link to wiki zone page and another link to the zone map at the end of the description would be a nice addition.

Nice work.

Perhaps a link to wiki zone page and another link to the zone map at the end of the description would be a nice addition.

Link to the wiki zone page is allready there, click on the compass when reading lores.

Love it, I only wish there was some sort of way to impliment it into the client... but i think we get EQATLAS which has something similar in 3.0 don't we? but then again that will have all the old zone connects wont it? or can that be changed?

Code:
<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
 WIDTH="1250"
 HEIGHT="800"
 CODEBASE="http://active.macromedia.com/flash5/cabs/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0">
  <PARAM NAME="MOVIE" VALUE="SoDMap.swf">
  <PARAM NAME="PLAY" VALUE="true">
  <PARAM NAME="LOOP" VALUE="true">
  <PARAM NAME="QUALITY" VALUE="high">
  <PARAM NAME="ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS" VALUE="always">
  <EMBED SRC="SoDMap.swf" WIDTH="1250" HEIGHT="800"
   PLAY="true" ALIGN="" LOOP="true" QUALITY="high"
   TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
   ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS="always"
   PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
  </EMBED>
</OBJECT>

The initialization parameter "AllowScriptAccess" should be set to "sameDomain". This will prevent a remote javascript attack using a flaw in the swf from accessing the user's browser DOM. In this recommended setting, the attacker would have to infiltrate the script inside the same domain the swf is hosted on.

The ideal setting is "never", if this is possible.

Great work on the file btw.

It's pretty amazing Nwaij.

I really like the lore that's included when you click each zone. Thank you so much for your work!

Looks great, I'm enjoying reading up on the lore of zones.

Can't find Catacombs of Elthannar.

By design, no zone accessible only through towns or dungeons are on the map. This means Emberflow, Crystal Caverns, Oggok Mines, Catacombs and some more. Deityless planes (PoFire, Thaz) are not on the map either. They are hinted for in the lore of their "parental zone" usually though.

Back
Top Bottom