question time

dakeyras

Dalayan Beginner
i was curious as to how +disease or +poison or w/e, +elemental damage, on weapons and even armor slots works.

is a 10 damage dagger with +1 disease damage as good as a 11dmg dagger?

if i wear +5 disease damage bracer will my melee dmg go up any?

was also curious about proc rates here, does anything increase my proc rate such as dex or haste?

tyvm

It adds to your casted spells if its on a bp or wrist, on weapons it adds to the ratio but can be resided and is highly related to mob resists.

Procs scale with the delay of the weapon, the lower the delay and the higher the rate on fomelo the more its going to process. Procs happen at then beginning of an attack round haste will increase your rounds.

Last edited:
i was curious as to how +disease or +poison or w/e, +elemental damage, on weapons and even armor slots works.

if i wear +5 disease damage bracer will my melee dmg go up any?

was also curious about proc rates here, does anything increase my proc rate such as dex or haste?

tyvm
From memory here all elemental damage on weapons (and fists for barehanded people) apply for the full value as long as the weapon your using is above 25 delay, below that it is reduced but I forget the math for that. This kind of elemental damage is treated as having a -50 resist mod on it and I believe it currently still follows the all or nothing application rules.

Elemental damage on armor pieces apply to spells of the appropriate elemental type and level as well as maybe mana cost (although I know some of that was tweaked recently) and are tacked on post-modifiers (the value is split up for dots and rains, at least i think it's still like that).

Somebody else will hopefully point out if I missed anything or any of my info is out of date.

From memory here all elemental damage on weapons (and fists for barehanded people) apply for the full value as long as the weapon your using is above 25 delay, below that it is reduced but I forget the math for that. This kind of elemental damage is treated as having a -50 resist mod on it

No.

A 10 DMG dagger with 1 Disease DMG has a chance to count as 11 DMG or 10 DMG on a swing-by-swing basis. The chance of the Disease DMG counting depends on your target's current Disease resistance and the relative levels of you and your target (being higher level than your target allows you to ignore a little of their resistance). The chance is generally fairly good unless you are fighting something particularly resistant to the element in question. It is very good against standard blue-con exp trash mobs in general.

Dex doesn't increase your proc rate except indirectly by making your melee swings more accurate. You can't proc on a true miss (you can proc on a hit mitigated to 0 damage which displays as a miss) so more accuracy means more procs.

I asked the same question about elemental damage on weapons a while ago and was told that it is not all or nothing, that each swing checks for resists on the elemental portion and that you can do full damage or no damage or anywhere in between based on level, resists, etc.

Since it sounds like you may be playing a rogue, it's also worth noting that Backstab is not affected by the damage of your dagger, but rather the ratio of the dagger.

So for example, if you have 30 damage 100 delay dagger and a 2 damage 3 delay dagger, the second one, the other with the better ratio, will always do more backstab damage.

Since it sounds like you may be playing a rogue, it's also worth noting that Backstab is not affected by the damage of your dagger, but rather the ratio of the dagger.

So for example, if you have 30 damage 100 delay dagger and a 2 damage 3 delay dagger, the second one, the other with the better ratio, will always do more backstab damage.

will the elemental damage add to the weapons ratio when factoring backstab?

btw i appreciate all the support guys ^_^ <3

Yes, but only under the same circumstances as detailed in Zaela's earlier post in this thread (not resisted etc).

I think.

I believe that the damage is all or nothing, IE: 10dmg +3 disease is either going to be 10 (resist) or 13 (no resist), there is no chance of 11 or 12

I believe that the damage is all or nothing, IE: 10dmg +3 disease is either going to be 10 (resist) or 13 (no resist), there is no chance of 11 or 12

Pretty sure this is wrong. I asked the same question and Zae or some other dev told me it was not all or nothing.

Is that a recent change? You had some posts in the old Shortstaff of the Cold thread that seemed to indicate that elemental damage could be partially resisted per swing, although they have since been deleted so I can't be 100% sure.

I thought it was a pretty cool idea for elemental weapon damage to scale like spells do now, when Zaela sort of suggested that or whoever suggested it. I don't speak for the rest of the people though because I only have one mouth and all the other voices coming out of it would be disruptive.

I thought it was a pretty cool idea for elemental weapon damage to scale like spells do now, when Zaela sort of suggested that or whoever suggested it. I don't speak for the rest of the people though because I only have one mouth and all the other voices coming out of it would be disruptive.

My only concern with scaling it is that it could create situations--at least with 1 elemental DMG weapons against fairly resistant targets--where all of the added damage is lost to decimal truncation, especially after AC reductions, even though the elemental DMG should still be e.g. 25% effective.

Is weapon elemental damage also affected by Glyphs? (Million Dollar question right here)

Back
Top Bottom