- Hardcore Character Mode -

Slaariel

*The Only Real Life Girl Dev*
Hardcore-Mode.png

Introducing Hardcore Character Mode on Shards of Dalaya! Consider this a "beta" if you must but it's not "beta" in any way that will save you from death.

!!!HARDCORE CHARACTERS Q&A!!!

1. What is a Hardcore Character?

A Hardcore Character is just like any other character in Shards of Dalaya with one key difference: YOUR FIRST DEATH ENDS THE CHARACTER'S EXISTENCE.

2. Are there other differences?

Yes. You gain experience much much faster than a Normal character. You get a shiny *HC* after your character name. You may not join an adventure band. You get a cool graphic on your character's fomelo indicating your Hardcore nature. You will not receive experience for a fight in which you do not participate. HARDCORE AIN'T FOR CHICKENS! Finally, once again, when you die, you are removed from the game world and your character only exists in Fomelo.

3. How do I become Hardcore?

Be level 1 and talk to a Priest of War. Follow the dialogs as appropriate. If you are level 2 or higher, you may not enter the Hardcore Life. If you die before flagging Hardcore, those deaths will not erase you (but maybe they should make you reconsider your decision). Once flagged Hardcore, your next death is final.

4. What happens if, I mean WHEN, I die as a Hardcore Character?

WHEN you die as a Hardcore Character, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

5. What happens if I die due to lag?

If you die due to lag, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

6. What happens if I die due to a zone crash?

If you die due to a zone crash, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

7. What happens if I die due to using an AA such as Life Fire?

If you die due to using an AA such as Life Fire, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

8. What happens if I die due to /cm suicide?

If you die due to /cm suicide, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

9. What happens if I die because some jerk trained me?

If you die because some jerk trained you, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

10. What happens if I die to bugged content?

If you die to bugged content, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

11. What happens if I die because Admin-Slaar GM KILLS ME?

If you die because Admin-Slaar GM KILLS you, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

12. Can I un-Hardcore my character at any point?

No.

BestLord will be 65 before a Monkie
Mark my word! no twink too!
If im going to play Hardcore might as well be a REAL man and do it from scratch.
Any challengers?

wow you think hardcore people spend time doing quests and sewing shirts? ahahah no

i think you should be able to take you hc character to a priest of harmony adn "retire" them arrow to the knee style. giving them like permenant death fatigue.

wow you think hardcore people spend time doing quests and sewing shirts? ahahah no

if that is what you call hardcore, actually making it hard- any pussy can twink out a character and burn them through levels.

Might as well call yourselves Mediumcore.

I plan to play the way to actually make it a complete challenge. Not having the only way I die is if someone trains me while I sit by zone line.

To each his own.

*cough cowards Cough*

I have a cold.

We encourage twinking out hardcore characters and rushing them to 65 and then raiding with them.

Please load them up with the game's best droppable loot before sending them off!

I feel like its in the spirit of this such that any character who runs out of food or drink should die.

Interesting thought! Right now, thought, it's just Diablo-style. Maybe in the future, we can expand the feature set and make it more interesting / less forgiving.

Once a HC character is dead, can the name be regenerated?
Not at the moment probably, this is the only downside I can see with the implementation but this could probably be countered with another level 1 character wipe or something.

if that is what you call hardcore, actually making it hard- any pussy can twink out a character and burn them through levels.

Might as well call yourselves Mediumcore.

I plan to play the way to actually make it a complete challenge. Not having the only way I die is if someone trains me while I sit by zone line.

To each his own.

*cough cowards Cough*

I have a cold.

You can play like this, this is the beauty. Nobody was leveling up off tradeskill combines anyways unless they funneled money in from another character which would be against what you seem to believe.

It's true. When I think of tradeskills, the last thing on my mind is 'easy exp'. It's just not true at all in any sense.

Back
Top Bottom