How should you spend exp?

Slaariel

*The Only Real Life Girl Dev*
Yes, I am looking at fixing tomes. No, this thread is not really about that!

EVEN AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW, eventually you run out of things to spend exp on... but you keep getting it! You can't help it! Eventually you need something to spend that exp on and it's not going to be more tomes, sorry all 2 people who really think tomes rule and are a great idea.

Here are my ideas and they are all bad, sure, but please submit your ideas!

1- Buyable buffs!
-- Either otherwise unavailable buffs or perhaps a full suite of SB buffs for exp or whatever. This helps address the really annoying first 30 minutes (being generous) of getting exp.

2- Wipe recovery!
-- Necro didn't bring a tome? Spend exp to rez your raid up!

3- Unlockable tradeskill recipes!
-- For the next 24 hours, you are now the only one who can make Deluxe Drunken Wyvern Pie.

4- Etc ?

Post ideas here I am really looking forward to your ideas and don't bring trash in this thread it's a clean house and a holy place.

what about using EXP to force a spawn? You need to earn that exp, why not have it pay off by killing a mob you want to kill?

Class change to arcane knight. Or that doppleganger idea, that was cool too.

I have actually coded mob respawning trinkets into the game, but there didn't seem to be a good solid use for them (most people wanted to spawn, for instance, vah quest mobs.. which is counter to the entire idea of the quest). Still, the technology does exist.

I have actually coded mob respawning trinkets into the game, but there didn't seem to be a good solid use for them (most people wanted to spawn, for instance, vah quest mobs.. which is counter to the entire idea of the quest). Still, the technology does exist.

I still need lenny bro.

Obligatory race change post.

Seems like a good reward system though?

Things like this might not be the ultimate solution, but they sure as hell push back the point where you have nothing to do with your xp. Who knows, could even implement a new /cm that makes YOU not getting any xp, and your XPable items get a tad more in exchange (/cm explock2?). Thinking about it, this would also be cool for those wo XPLock to adept hunt.

Could you possible have a /cm to give a player in your group your full xp? Say you have a friend that started, he is level 51 and you are 65. You can go to Elds and easily duo there but you want him getting twice the xp to catch him up to 65. Or is that way out of the question because it breaks the "immersion" of the game and it disallows people to properly learn how to play their class(lol) right?

Almost like a mentor system, in a way.

Could you possible have a /cm to give a player in your group your full xp? Say you have a friend that started, he is level 51 and you are 65. You can go to Elds and easily duo there but you want him getting twice the xp to catch him up to 65.
Everyone would be boxing a dummy character and just dumping exp to their main.

Last edited:
I like the spawn a named for exp idea as well as the mentor idea of giving someone exp, but should be coded to only allow the giving of exp to a toon with less overall exp. the idea of more exp going into items would be pretty cool too.

How about some sort of combat focus that increases melee/spell damage for a short time? i'd spend a few AA's to shell out higher damage on certain boss fights

Expendable AA is definitely on the table as well (this is even something that exists on Live!)

Everyone would be boxing a dummy character and just dumping exp to their main.

I'm confused. Boxing a dummy character to give xp to a main? That isn't the way I worded it. You could only give the command to transfer xp from the higher level to the lower level. And honestly, who gives a shit if someone goes from lvl 50-65 in 2 nights than 2 weeks. It isn't bad, and it gives players just another character to group with.

Expendable AA is definitely on the table as well (this is even something that exists on Live!)

Yes, they definitely are. Every raid encounter our tanks are using expendable aggro aa's. DPS burn their dmg aa's, and all that other fun stuff. As much as we hated grinding, our guild made enough AA's during 1-2 raids to re-fill our expendable AA's for the next "big raid". They were actually quite amazing and I find EQlive has changed a lot of the mechanics to better the game.

Double exp potions.

Hehe jk.

I like buffs / rez options. Force named spawn sounds like alot of easy money maybe too ez.

I'm confused. Boxing a dummy character to give xp to a main? That isn't the way I worded it. You could only give the command to transfer xp from the higher level to the lower level. And honestly, who gives a shit if someone goes from lvl 50-65 in 2 nights than 2 weeks. It isn't bad, and it gives players just another character to group with.

I didnt see any specification about level requirements. You only gave an example without putting any stipulations. I was just pointing out how your idea, how i understood it, would be exploited rather than used like you imagined.

buffs,, definatley buffs! the full SB buff thing. adding more buffs to the list of buffs people want is a bad idea, half the people already dont have enough slots to get ALL the buffs they want.

I really love the idea of being able to spawn mobs.

Can you do this?: Create an Experience Banker linked to Guild tags. Anyone with <guild A> Tag can talk to this guy and "donate" their experience. Once the Guild raises so much experience. Lets say 100million ( random number) they can spawn a Tier 4 mob of their choosing ( or have a list if you don't want certain mobs killed this way) it would have random loot like its original counter part and the guild could put togetrher a raid and go kill it.

You could set this so the mob was summoned in an unused zone like NagC, The arena etc. and say theres a limit on how many guilds can use this feature at a time the banker would ask you to come back later.

anyways obviously you wouldnt want people to do this constantly so make it some rediculous amount of experience so guilds could do it maybe once a week. or make a lockout timer. " Sorry Guild A you summoned blah blah blah" you must wait #days #minutes # seconds before i've recovered enough strength to summon another.

Anyways again, This would allow people an extra chance to get that item they really want! or a guild thats stuck cause another guild is farming that mob that has the key the other guild needs to progress. or that mob has a really awsome item everyone wants! or there just isnt shit to do on that saturday every raid mob that tier is down and ya'll want to kill dragons. I don't think 1 raid mob a week is to game changing, and it would be at a steep price ( your precious exp)

Could we not just increase the spawn-rate of raid targets so that not 1 guild is cock-blocking others from progression? It would be a terrible thing to pump twice as much loot into the game but I think for guilds trying to "make it in this world" there isn't really a huge issue with that.

Guilds, despite not wanting to, eventually had to come up with an agreement to rotate raid targets or the GM's were going to crap down all our throats.

I completely disagree grimor, and I think it was slaar that said it, even though it was referring to 6 mans that if we work out a rotation the events will be removed. At the high end it is all about the compition.

Back
Top Bottom