Skill Mods

Do classes that don't use X skill get a bonus?

Do classes whose abilities are capped at say 230 get a the bonus if they have one of these mods?

Do classes that don't use X skill get a bonus?

Do classes whose abilities are capped at say 230 get a the bonus if they have one of these mods?

Yes and yes. You don't technically need to have your skill capped at all, just have a skill mod + and maybe be 65.

Yes and yes. You don't technically need to have your skill capped at all, just have a skill mod + and maybe be 65.

to take this a step further i can confirm bards get a bonus from evocation and conjuration despite not having any casting skills.

With duel wield, besides the haste you said it will help you fail less, was this adjusted with the mod change? IE am i only getting .1% chance for it to fail less from +1 or am i getting 1 or 5 or what

What about 1hs/2hs, 1hb/2hb, piercing, Archery, Bash, (H2H is +1 weapon dmg for every 5 iirc)

What about 1hs/2hs, 1hb/2hb, piercing, Archery, Bash, (H2H is +1 weapon dmg for every 5 iirc)
25 overcap skill mods to weapon skills is +67 ATK and +2% accuracy (roughly) according to an old Zaela post. H2H gives +1 bare fist damage per 5 points in addition to the normal weapon skill mod effects. Archery supposedly works the same as other weapon skill mods, no idea about bash though.

Last edited:
One that i forgot about backstab (i didnt see it when i searched but maybe im just bad) or does this mod not give any special benefits other than the normal skill points?

Last edited:
Looking at the skill mods above it seems to me some of them are widely underutilized and could be sprinkled around on gear to improve itemization. For example Abjuration has the potential to be a niche defensive stat, and yet it exists on very little gear at all. A quick search of the wiki showed that the mod is present on only 8 items, of which only two come from raid level encounters (one at T6, one at T10).

I'm not saying we need rune bonuses on everything, but as an enchanter who runes a LOT, this seems like a cool bonus which could spice up a lot of loot tables and provide some potential swap setups without being totally overpowered.

Thoughts?

the shaman only mask Clarav from NZ initially had abjuration, but it was changed to divination before abj was given an actual use. I think it'd be cool to return it to this rare and specific item

Looking at the skill mods above it seems to me some of them are widely underutilized and could be sprinkled around on gear to improve itemization. For example Abjuration has the potential to be a niche defensive stat, and yet it exists on very little gear at all. A quick search of the wiki showed that the mod is present on only 8 items, of which only two come from raid level encounters (one at T6, one at T10).

I'm not saying we need rune bonuses on everything, but as an enchanter who runes a LOT, this seems like a cool bonus which could spice up a lot of loot tables and provide some potential swap setups without being totally overpowered.

Thoughts?
I always thought +Abjuration was given short shrift in itemization. Most people seem not to know that it does indeed confer an overcap bonus, let alone that that bonus is toward runed damage absorption. Maybe I'm just partial to it because I've got a self-rune on 24/7 anyway (I bind the Guarding Rune AA to an arrow key), but I wholeheartedly agree it would be nice to see more of it spanning the tiers.

Could the channeling effect be updated please, PMed Jumbers a while back but looks like he never fixed it.

Also in the Racial Traits thread in this forum, +1% spell crit isn't listed under Erudites and should be. That thread is locked so I can't post this there.

25 overcap skill mods to weapon skills is +67 ATK and +2% accuracy (roughly) according to an old Zaela post. H2H gives +1 bare fist damage per 5 points in addition to the normal weapon skill mod effects. Archery supposedly works the same as other weapon skill mods, no idea about bash though.
So given some recent discussion, can we get a Dev comment on whether this currently works? (Do + weapon skill mods do anything when a player is already at 250?)

Back
Top Bottom