Flecthing revamp

I bet if monks could buy expendable items that increased their dps by 300 or 400, they might be happy.

You forgot about the first step, lowering your dps by 300 or 400 (in your example). That is quite an important step. The expendable items should also take up almost two full bags, no less then 15 slots. I'm sure all the other monks would love to see your input come to life.

They don't need to. They do comparable DPS to a Ranger already, who has to shell out the plat for quivers as is.

1 quiver = 50 stacks a 20 arrows = 1000 arrows
You loose about every 20th arrow.
700p/20k arrows=3.5 SILVER per shot.

when active I use 1 quiver every 2 days or so , I'm a 250 fletcher and trade skills in SoD is kinda like stabbing yourself hence why I quit making them for myself. soooo the avg quiver sells for 600-700 pp means an avg use of 12-15 quivers per month = at the low 7,200pp and a high of 10,500pp just to play my ranger for 1 month.

whats that I hear a ranger is required just to do decent dps to spend close to or more then 10% of the cost of a supreme in a year just to play???

summon: peridot =free

pearls are mostly used for ports that I know of and not used constantly.

But lets keep this on topic of body type/bane, bag space issues and focus on ideas to condense or tweak the bane dmg system.

Last edited:
some one hit disapprove summon arrows you fail, oh you mean the 3 dmg arrows or the 5 dmg arrows. sure so rangers should be the lowest dps in the group/raid? summon peridots dont produce a weaker raego.

for the person that didnt know all summon arrow spells/clickies worth anything were nerfed the day fletching was revamped. whats that, they didnt make it so summon peridot produces weaker results from spells?

I think at this point in time your word things are for not and you should probably just stop... -shrug-

Huh..... new patch nerfed resist type arrows to 6+5...... 54k till Gar's eternal lets see if I ever bother after that.

They're also craftable now, so you can finally have those arrows at the intended damage to your heart's content.

They're also craftable now, so you can finally have those arrows at the intended damage to your heart's content.

Can you please make a real post talking like a grown up and not just making snippy comebacks. All you said was "take that" and it really is depressing.

Perhaps you read none of my posts that I made in this thread but I do think its funny that I said...

Summoned: Heartseeker Arrow went from 9 base damage && 200 range to 5 base damage +5 magic damage && 75 range.

Making Mage arrows no longer an option to use for rangers.

Making Elemental arrows 6 base damage +5 magic damage has the same effect. No one will use them. You could have left them out of the game and Rangers would have at least felt better they didn't get another slap in the face.

Can you please explain to me how you think forcing a whole class to use Fletching and carry around 15 quivers at all times is a good, fun idea for the players?

carry around 15 quivers at all times

kedrin, while i am party to your plight (as much as i can be since im not a ranger and dont really care) this argument you keep making is pretty weak, and would never happen in practice. Even if you were trying to max dps on every mob in a few raid zones at one time you wouldn't even need all 15 on you.

the raid targets our guild kills span i think 5 or 6 different body types.

the raid targets our guild kills span i think 5 or 6 different body types.

This is probably true, but by increasing the bane damage in relation to the base damage, a ranger is forced to swap arrows whenever possible, which also means carrying more quiver types than you were previously comfortable carrying at any given time.

honestly, now that bane changes are in, i'm kind of leaning towards saying rangers are the ones who have it easy compared to melees. even more so if you have fletching yourself or access to a fletching toon. most melees have to backgear, whereas a ranger just has to make a quiver.

since melee were balanced around having bane humanoid, i think casters have a pretty big advantage now. they do more dps and take less raid damage. it's not a huge difference, but it's certainly a sizable nerf to melees, all of whom were already undeniably worse than a wizard, and in most cases a mage. next would come rangers.

Last edited:
a ranger is forced to swap arrows whenever possible, which also means carrying more quiver types than you were previously comfortable carrying at any given time.

same with melees and bane gear now...

honestly, now that bane changes are in, i'm kind of leaning towards saying rangers are the ones who have it easy compared to melees. even more so if you have fletching yourself or access to a fletching toon. most melees have to backgear, whereas a ranger just has to make a quiver.

also rangers won't have to deal with any of the gearing choices involved with bane damage. Just insert arrow and go.

Not saying that finding/farming/fletching/paying for quivers every week isnt a pain, but while rangers have to carry around some quivers, other melee have to basically deal with a handful of other focus effects.

I would like to point out that I was eluding to this on the top of page 2 of this thread :p

all of whom were already undeniably worse than a wizard

This is more of a function of the many general tomes that are helpful to wizards alongside the tendency for very low resists on top tier mobs.

All of these issues are being worked on. Over the last few months, there's been a LOT of changes and a lot more in the works. The ultimate goal is balance and steady log-linear power growth, and none of these changes individually can do the whole job.

Back on topic (about this thread):

(1) The removal of this tradeskill is not an option on the table.

(2) The numbers involved are up for discussion and further tuning.

(3) Ranger DPS itself isn't really appropriate as discussion here. The arrows need to hit balance as a system themselves first. Then and only then can Ranger DPS be discussed and balanced properly, and it would be done properly moreso in bow DMG and other ways.

(4) If you have an idea for a full paradigm shift of the tradeskill to eschew the bane/elemental damage concept, then you need to provide more than the idea. An e-mail saying "you should make fletching make arrows that are 1 damage and have the main use be for some kind of proc aug" isn't helpful. That's only part of an idea.

Back
Top Bottom