Where did ya find us?

I went thru a phase where I played custom maps on Warcraft 3 RC and TFT,
the everquest rpg maps for the frozen throne brought back alot of old eq live memories
and I ended up finding shards of dalaya on google while looking for a more permanent way to increase #'s on a rpg.

I came across a Ranger named Oshieh streaming on Twitch TV. I played EQ for about 7 years starting back in college. Best time I've had in any MMO. Look forward to meeting everyone!

I found this server on Something Awful and started playing last week. I've got a monk/shaman duo that're level 6 right now. I play pretty irregularly, but I look forward to getting to know people when I am on.

Found the server through EQemu years and years ago, back when it was still called "Winter's Roar"

Lon gime ago, just after WR closed down and SoD came up.

Was looking for Everquest info, found about private servers and found SoD.

Hello all. Been a LONG time since I played EQ and missed it very much. Friend and I played since May of 1998 and I stopped in 2004. Idle a couple of years when some guildies started WoW in 2006 and asked me to join them and did up until this spring.
EQ always held near and dear to my heart.... cannot wait to try this out. Thanks for keeping this rolling.

New guy in the house!

I'd heard about this server years ago, but never really got around to checking it out. I've been on Project 1999 for a little bit because I wanted a classic experience. However, due to pet aggro being completely and utterly wrong over there, I can't stand it. So here I am, checking out your server. I know it's a far cry from classic, but I'm curious to see what you've put together. It could be fun!

My only concern is the server population. I saw 77 people online earlier. What is the average population on a weeknight?

I played Winter's Roar because I was curious about emulated servers. Also a good friend used to play SoD a lot, (Arnold, give blardius a tell sometime) also Somethingawful.com.

I heard that live went FtP and came back to check it out. I found it too easy and lonely. Then I heard about project 1999 and started a toon there, I liked the feel of it but I found it too difficult (its a game not a lifestyle, imo). While doing research for that I found SoD in a list of EQemulators. I tried it out and to quote goldielocks this game is "just right!" It is a great blend of the original EQ feel, with new content and quests, combined with many of the advancements that make the game move faster (spell sets, XP for tradeskills [whoot!!], evolving items, etc)

iirc that old gypsy woman told me about shards of dalaya. It was a while ago so i might be mistaken. That or typing "everquest emulator" into Google. Definitely one of those two.

Long ago, I was going to try WoW, and heard about free servers for it. Then I got to thinking that maybe there was free EQ servers also. (Live was not ftp at the time.) By the time the WoW emu had finished installing/patching, I had found SoD. Needless to say, WoW promptly got uninstalled.

I was playing on EQMac for a while until it shut down and then I switched to playing on Project 1999. I then was looking for an alternative with the better EQ graphics and not live and did a search on Google for "Project 1999 vs " and auto-fill suggested "project 1999 vs shards of dalaya" and so I researched it and here I am loving it.

Nice, glad you are enjoying it. Make certain to pass the news to your friends and relatives, the more the merrier! :D

Back
Top Bottom