New Newbie Quest Bug Thread!

Waldoff

Administrator
Staff member
I am posting this thread as a place where people can report bugs with the new newbie quests throughout the game. Any legitimate bugs shall be famerized!

Current New Quest Givers (by Zone)

Greater Faydark: (Levels 1-25ish)
Thaernd Rosevale
Scoutmaster Forond (Redesigned - Long)
Packmaster Godras
Patricia Shadowfall (Long)
Guard Kerwyn
Forestmaster Finalen
Jeslyn Truewind
Commander Berengot (Long)

Sundered Mountains: (Levels 15-30ish)
Clan Chief Svartbjorn
Eldvild the Leatherworker
Clansman Fjyr
Clansman Olaf
Clansman Wyrbjorn
Envoy Bippa (Redesigned - Long)

Halas: (1-10)
Finna McThompson
Primalist Vylva (Redesigned by Olive - Long)

Centaur Hills: (4-20ish)
One-Wit Russel
Marak McTerl
Tracker Jess (Using New Emulator item instead of head until patch)

North Newport: (3-20ish)
Kirlin, Priestess of Althuna

Stinger's Bog: (1-15) (To 30 forthcoming)
Deet
Grumb
Ghorg
Grizimorp the Fallen (Being built now.)

Forthcoming: Greenmist and Stingers Bog

I just completed One-Wit Russel's quest (which is evidently named [One-Wit Russel]). It took approximately 20 mins of killing in Blackburrow on a toon around level 10 before the hat dropped. I've added it to the wiki but want to ask, did you intend it to be [BIND ON EQUIP]? If so, would the [NO DROP] bound version still work for the quest turn-in?

Anyway, I logged the whole thing and will read through it more thoroughly later today to add it to the wiki, but there's one major snag: he never delivered the reward! He gave the emote that he put on his hat and disappeared, leaving behind sandals. The emote was, "One-Wit Russel throws his hat on his head, and in the blink of an eye, he dissappears. All that is left are a pair of ratty sandals. You pick them up in astonishment." No such sandals materialized, and nor did One-Wit Russel disappear as indicated by the emote. The journal entry also remained incomplete. Did I do something wrong? This was the character with whom I found the cap and did the turn-in.

Btw, is this guy ol' One-Eye Murt's brother? :monocle:

EDIT: Also noticed the misspelling "gnolles" early on in the dialog and an extraneous single quotation mark at the end of departure emote

Last edited:
I just completed One-Wit Russel's quest (which is evidently named [One-Wit Russel]). It took approximately 20 mins of killing in Blackburrow on a toon around level 10 before the hat dropped. I've added it to the wiki but want to ask, did you intend it to be [BIND ON EQUIP]? If so, would the [NO DROP] bound version still work for the quest turn-in?

Anyway, I logged the whole thing and will read through it more thoroughly later today to add it to the wiki, but there's one major snag: he never delivered the reward! He gave the emote that he put on his hat and disappeared, leaving behind sandals. The emote was, "One-Wit Russel throws his hat on his head, and in the blink of an eye, he dissappears. All that is left are a pair of ratty sandals. You pick them up in astonishment." No such sandals materialized, and nor did One-Wit Russel disappear as indicated by the emote. The journal entry also remained incomplete. Did I do something wrong? This was the character with whom I found the cap and did the turn-in.

Btw, is this guy ol' One-Eye Murt's brother? :monocle:

EDIT: Also noticed the misspelling "gnolles" early on in the dialog and an extraneous single quotation mark at the end of departure emote

I found the bug and it is fixed! Petition in game for a reimburse of the hat so you can turn it in again. Threw you some fame, also!

I found the bug and it is fixed! Petition in game for a reimburse of the hat so you can turn it in again. Threw you some fame, also!

Aha, got it working today. The prize is pretty cool, too. Very memorable little quest! I might ask, when the player is given the option either to lend a hand or to "lie" and tell the poor man he's invisible and to charge on into Blackburrow, is that an alignment shift opportunity, or just flavor?

Before I forget, I noticed three instances of Kirlin, Priestess of Althuna saying "weilds" in place of "wields". I've also become 99% convinced that the fun little proc on the Guard of Mercy is actually broken. When I was wielding it at level 11, I constantly noticed "You will is insufficient to command this weapon" or whatever the line is, but once I hit the rec level and went back into combat, I never once saw a heal proc. I am guessing that it is indeed casting the Minor Healing -- but on the bash target! This would explain the presence of proc messages prior to reaching the rec level yet none whatsoever at 12 and above, as casting a beneficial spell on an NPC usually gives no message whatsoever. If, for some reason, this puts Minor Healing out of the running, an alternative might be Blessing of Light, a spell currently not found as a proc on any item in game and which only targets the self.

Okay things should be fixed up as of next patch!

Keep the critique coming guys.

I am trying to do the Grayback quest in Sundered Mountains, and it was working like normal, he spawned, bu then i died while trying to kill him. Came back a few hours later, and he would not spawn again, I destroyed the head on my char, and killed a few more yetis to get a new one. However he still wont spawn.
Was this quest ment to only have one try at it?
Thanks

iv done the same quest on my char Olarra (rogue) a few days after the quests were up n he wouldn't take the head so i destroyed his head and the yeti head and moved on. after someone in OOC yesterday asked about it i went and tried to get him to spawn again but he would not spawn ether.

Yep that was me. I figured I would post it here as no one online seemed to know. been killing the yetis for exp, and even after many heads he wont spawn. I havent tried it on my box though.

Greyback is fixed and should spawn again after a failure.

Has anyone done either the Kelethin lost child quest or the Fearstone spying quest and have feedback?

Thanks Waldo,
if the two quests you are asking about are not hard caped Ill look into them tonight.

Guard Flipik gave me shaman boots as quest reward, instead of appropiate boots for my shadowknight.

/Mrdaltin

Not sure if its a bug or not, but the vulfwere pups for the first guard flipik quest drops two types of Vulfwere pup fang. Both with the same name but one is no drop and turn in able.

Guard Flipik gave me shaman boots as quest reward, instead of appropiate boots for my shadowknight.

/Mrdaltin

Some quests require you to hand the reward back to the quest NPC in order to cycle through and get your class appropriate reward. Maybe this is like that?

I did not do the guard flipik quest. I will transfer these along to the guy who did!

Okay four new quests up in Stingers Bog.

Please continue to post critiques, commentary and bugs. I would love feedback.

The newbie quest for Jeslyn Truewind in Greater Faydark is bugged. I just completed both choices with my character Ryuujiin and a box character. The first choice of telling her she doesn't need to do anything finishes up with 10p and a faction increase, hailing her again she tells you about Jeffy. The second dialogue option which demands "payment" at the end of the quest she threatens to call the guards on you and you get 7000 exp, however repeatedly hailing her keeps giving the 7000 exp.

The newbie quest for Jeslyn Truewind in Greater Faydark is bugged. I just completed both choices with my character Ryuujiin and a box character. The first choice of telling her she doesn't need to do anything finishes up with 10p and a faction increase, hailing her again she tells you about Jeffy. The second dialogue option which demands "payment" at the end of the quest she threatens to call the guards on you and you get 7000 exp, however repeatedly hailing her keeps giving the 7000 exp.

Hrm, I am unable to recreate this. It looks like both of the reward branches both boot you to a non reward hail text. Are you sure she kept giving the 7k exp?

Hrm, I am unable to recreate this. It looks like both of the reward branches both boot you to a non reward hail text. Are you sure she kept giving the 7k exp?

Okay I found the problem! It was a missing quotation mark. It should be fixed, and I threw you some fame!

Back
Top Bottom