Upcoming spell changes

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
Folks,

We're in the process of looking at some simple spell changes requested via player feedback. While most of them are still being discussed, I am really happy to share the first one. :)

Come next patch, GOE will have its range quadrupled. Now stop pestering those enchanters so much.

As we decide on others, I will post them here.

Folks,

We're in the process of looking at some simple spell changes requested via player feedback. While most of them are still being discussed, I am really happy to share the first one. :)

Come next patch, GOE will have its range quadrupled. Now stop pestering those enchanters so much.

As we decide on others, I will post them here.
Christmas has come early!! So excited for this!

On another note, I have a massive multi-page document outlining tons of proposals to diversify spell lines for most classes, flesh out lines by adding precursors or follow-ups, and add some novelty for flavor. I call it "Operation: No Spell Left Behind." It focuses on pre-60 spells. Would this be a good place to make a gigantic post about this? Or should I make my own thread in S&R?

While you are at it, could you do something about the relic ds spells? First, make them bounce off each other, cause having druid over-ride your sb'd ds sucks. Second, give druid version the same base duration as the mage.
(I'm sure there is others I could suggest, but this springs to mind right away.)

We're considering other broader changes too, but it's harder to develop consensus on those. Right now, the goal is to make some small improvements and see where that leads, knowing that it would be nice to look at this in a bigger picture sort of way.

The shaman spell swift like the wind overwrites Emp and GoEnthann (I don't know if gift of celerity does it too.) Very super frustrating.

Spell: Ancient: Gift of Celerity should have the same % haste as swift like the wind, and last the same duration. The duration of these should be much longer... Also, the 'official' spell parser shows the wrong 'effect' for gift of celerity btw (it says it decreases haste...)

Edit - Althuna's Conduit doesn't overwrite other procs buffs like blades and lifetap (i am guessing others too.) It should overwrite any other proc buff. This spell costs 2000 mana and has a 30 second cast time. No one is casting it on accident...
I don't remember if it does or not, and can't test it right now, but: due to the horribly long cast/recast time, it should not have a cool down if it is cast and doesn't hold.

Edit - I could swear to god that my spell bar takes longer to recover after casting Spell: Ethereal Cleansing than any other spell. I have been meaning to stopwatch time it, but I keep forgetting. Maybe I'm crazy, which is quite possible, but as a paladin I pretty much chain cast so I have a decent feel for the timings. I guess it could be lag, but this is something I have noticed for a while.

Edit - If you make spell changes please make sure the wiki updates or this is a list so the players can check it out ;)

Last edited:
Edit - Althuna's Conduit doesn't overwrite other procs buffs like blades and lifetap (i am guessing others too.) It should overwrite any other proc buff. This spell costs 2000 mana and has a 30 second cast time. No one is casting it on accident...
I don't remember if it does or not, and can't test it right now, but: due to the horribly long cast/recast time, it should not have a cool down if it is cast and doesn't hold.

FYI - I just cast relic blades on daffie, then tried to cast conduit and it didn't hold. Then the spell gem grayed out for the duration.

Two more we're gonna do:

Druids will get single-target wolf form, same as the 39 group form only one person
Druid DS length will be doubled, which is still shorter than the mage one, so ppl still have to decide duration/FR vs. a bit of extra damage

"Althuna's Conduit doesn't overwrite other procs buffs like blades and lifetap (i am guessing others too.) It should overwrite any other proc buff. This spell costs 2000 mana and has a 30 second cast time. No one is casting it on accident...
I don't remember if it does or not, and can't test it right now, but: due to the horribly long cast/recast time, it should not have a cool down if it is cast and doesn't hold."

Can anyone else comment on this? I know nothing about this buff (not a pally), but if it's universally accepted that this is stupid, can probably fix it.

Sorry for another post.... A flavor thing may be to make Form of the River Keeper a different model from Form of the Great Bear and Form of the Bear. It's way harder to get river keeper and unlike the previous spells, it is actually worth using. Seems like a good candidate for a different visual look. Perhaps a polar bear form, or a black bear instead of brown. Maybe even something cooler looking?

"Sorry for another post.... A flavor thing may be to make Form of the River Keeper a different model from Form of the Great Bear and Form of the Bear. It's way harder to get river keeper and unlike the previous spells, it is actually worth using. Seems like a good candidate for a different visual look. Perhaps a polar bear form, or a black bear instead of brown. Maybe even something cooler looking?"

Some of this we'll prolly wait until 2.5 for when we have more options on some things. Right now, my hope is just to ease a few raiding annoyances and reduce downtime, but we are going to be taking a deeper look at things. Feedback like this is certainly welcome any time, just can't promise a timeline.

More fun:

Group DB is coming. Two restrictions: out-of-combat only, and the cost will be 2 opals.

Also, I will be seeing if I can track shrink state for illusions, including AOD. Basically the idea is that, if you get AOD or another illusion, you will return to a shrunk state after it expires. The avatar/illusion itself will NOT shrink, however.
Related to this is that gnomes apparently grow when shrunk. This cannot be allowed to stand! :)

Hmm, ok I will see if I can figure out why. Blocks/overwrites can be annoying to sort out, but I will play around with them a bit. No promises on that one yet.

I agree that nothing should overwrite conduit of althuna(althuna's conduit?) and it should overwrite everything. I am a pal(though I still don't have that spell)

Removing the recast/gem time on Call of the Predator would be really nice.

Agreed. And why not remove the recast/gem time on all long duration buffs for all classes? Niklothar, levitation etc (only very familiar with shaman buffs). Not really sure the point of them.

We talked about SB for RBOW, I think the consensus was: would anyone REALLY even use it? Does anyone care enough about that? I don't think it makes a difference one way or the other - it's not a balance issue, but if no one will use it, meh.

The recast on long-term buffs might be part of that bigger buff conversation. I expect that to be an interesting debate. :)

We talked about SB for RBOW, I think the consensus was: would anyone REALLY even use it? Does anyone care enough about that? I don't think it makes a difference one way or the other - it's not a balance issue, but if no one will use it, meh.

The recast on long-term buffs might be part of that bigger buff conversation. I expect that to be an interesting debate. :)

I would use it. In fact, I'm a big advocate for giving all classes sb when new aa's are available.

Back
Top Bottom