Upcoming spell changes

A few changes I would like to see:

1) Paladin runic ghot gets overwritten by shaman runic ghot and by druid ghot. The problem is shaman ghot is worse and while pal is running conduit druid ghot is worse. I'm less concerned about druid ghot but please don't let shaman ghot overwrite.

2) Quiver of the Sun proc overwrites paladin blinds and therefore pal can't land blinds, our major source of agro. Please let them overwrite each other equally.

3) Flame of light has a long cast time of 2.5seconds. I would recommend it get dropped to 1.5 seconds to be in line with blinds. Paladins have to chain cast to keep agro so lowered cast time could offer more opportunities for self healing which is supposed to be a selling point of the class.

Is there a way to be able to check refresh time on LOH and Piety?

"Is there a way to be able to check refresh time on LOH and Piety?"

I would love to find a way to do this. The UI can be notoriously misleading - EC is like that too. There are clunky ways to handle it sure, but something more elegant would be good. Will have to think on it a bit.

"I would love to find a way to do this. The UI can be notoriously misleading - EC is like that too. There are clunky ways to handle it sure, but something more elegant would be good. Will have to think on it a bit."

For what it's worth for me to say this, Live handled it by converting LoH into an activated AA (which report their remaining reuse time to the chat window when the hotkey is pressed again).

I kind of disliked that change though because it inevitably led to Pally/SK players who were wondering where their LoH/HT went (or new ones who didn't know to look for them in the AA window at all).

But again - I am just saying this as food for thought.

OK, as for the necro Runic 2 problem, I think we know why that happens. The fix is slightly non-trivial so it may take me a bit to sort out, but we should be able to straighten that out.

The proc from Windblaze and the shadowknight spell Vortex of Death do not stack, might be worth looking into.

Edit:Removing cooldowns from summoning type spells globally, make summons come in stacks of 20 instead of 10, remove cooldown from port spells.

Wild shot, if you have a SB version of a buff and someone casts that buff again be it sb or not sb it refreshes yours. Stops people from needing buffs right before an encounter and would definitely speed up raiding in general, one less head ache that pops up.

Last edited:
Remove the cooldown on enchanter curses for the client and make the server track the cooldown on its side, so the enchanter in question doesn't need to refresh, /q out, or raid/xp with them on there spellbar.

Make a combination quest for combine BP/Legs the spell exists in the spell file, A quest or ability to just add combine stats to your charm say a like T10+ quest that involves IS kills NZ perhaps? or if all 4 of the front are down you get a projection that lets you either add it to your charm or make one clickie for both with a longer duration.

Make all corpses always rezable not for the XP but just in general, stupid shit happens and I believe the player base won't use it to grief people give um a chance with it as it would solve alot of headaches. I would also re-consider making rez clickies have cast times/cooldowns/anything this would speed up recovery abunch.

Make only buff type spells castable with DF everything else DF must fade, If out of combat for 2-3min and sitting down instantly full mana pool theirs no fun in sitting around starring at your manabar its just a archaic timesink it will not change anything balance wise.

I actually came to see if swift like the wind overwriting emp was mentioned and it was, so I second that..so annoying.

Rbow overwriting similar stuff (shroud of death).

Reduce the cast time on the quested higher level disease-based shaman slow. Turgurs (mr based) is a good bit lower level and vendor bought and has the same slow %, but Festering has almost 3x the cast time (I really should go look up specifics, but I really should be in bed, lol...)

Longshot: Any combination of EoT, EoTW, and acumen being combined to save space. I hate clicking them, but usually have to blast at least acumen. Maybe just rolling acumen into one of those or into focus /shrug.

Someone said summon food/water in stacks. That is really a great idea to implement across the board for all food summoning classes. I don't think it really steps on mage toes either.

Hell, implement /cm summon food/drink/meal. Summon a stack of enduring food/water or both.

should make GoE last a long as emp or at least as longer than one hour, maybe 2 hour base duration as emp is 3 hours because it doesnt really add anything fun/interesting to the game

should make GoE last a long as emp or at least as longer than one hour, maybe 2 hour base duration as emp is 3 hours because it doesnt really add anything fun/interesting to the game
Agreed, that is another (like the DS thing I posted) that should be made an equal base.

Looks like we can do this one too - making GOE 2 hours base

You may want to look at shaman single/group haste duration then too. I've used shaman haste quite a few times for lower tier raids that don't require someone who can cc.

Change sb from "the next spell cast in 5 min" to "All spells cast in the next 5 min"

Buffing is a lame timesink and when you're going to do something like the fae and have to have everything SBed so you have load 3 druids, 3 enc, 2 bst ect its a waste of time for no real reason.

How realistic is a request for spells to be automatically soulbonded by default? Is that something that would be considered?

If anything, it would help the folks out when they use the augurs at a minimum. So, if soulbond buffs across the board is too far fetched, how about changing it so that the augurs cast SB buffs instead of non-SB buffs (no change in prices or anything just make them SB)?

Alacrity
Classes: SHM/44 ENC/24 BST/60
Duration: 110m (1100 ticks)

=D

Celerity
Classes: SHM/56 ENC/39 BST/63
Duration: 27.5m (275 ticks)

=*O

Ancient: Gift of Celerity and Swift like the Wind both have shorter durations than the Alacrity. 101m and 90m respectively.

Regeneration, Chloroplast, Regrowth and Regrowth of the Dar Khura are all 30 minute durations.

Group *stat* buffs until relics are all 63 minute durations. Not horribly short, although most single target versions are at least 2 hours. Spirit/Talisman of the Panther and Spirit/Talisman of the Mammoth at least combine two stats into one buff, so there is that. Prior to that it's rare to even load agi/dex buffs. Keeping the timers and making agi/dex and str/sta be the default through the entire buff line would be cool too.

Last edited:
OK, before this gets too out of hand...

Yes, we can find tons of examples of buffs that perhaps need lengthening, casting time decreased, re-alignment with other classes, etc. Heck, internally we even had a slew of our own examples. The goal with this first round is to tackle some that were raid-related primarily. We have already started the bigger discussion which at some point we'll want some feedback on. Basically it incorporates a lot of what other folks have said regarding duration, SB, overwrites, etc. Before we go reviewing every single spell, we need to figure out if there will be wholesale changes to buffing. The updates made were just a step along that path.

So while I don't mind getting feedback on specific spells, please understand we probably won't do a ton with it quite yet while we decide what to do. If that bigger set of changes will be awhile coming, yeah, we'll have to start building lists of things and deciding what to do. But for now, let's hold off on adding more to the plate until we figure it out. I promise I will come ask for input when we're ready. :)

While we're looking at spell durations, I've always been curious why Relic: Master of Death is only a 30 minute duration. Spells I believe to be pretty similar and their durations (self-only, high level, relic or at least 60+):

Cleric:
Relic: High Priest's Bulwark 2:24

Druid:
Mask of the Hunter 1:00 (level 60)
Shape of the Wild 2:24

Shadowknight:
Soulshroud 2:30

Those were just the ones I remembered that met the similarish spell criteria. It's not a big deal or anything, but that cool guy Krentil already mentioned the big deal necro thing.

Maybe the answer is that it's a short duration because it costs almost no mana, and that'd be just great with me. No need to change it since it's working perfectly right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom