Upcoming spell changes

OK, before this gets too out of hand...

Yes, we can find tons of examples of buffs that perhaps need lengthening, casting time decreased, re-alignment with other classes, etc. Heck, internally we even had a slew of our own examples. The goal with this first round is to tackle some that were raid-related primarily. We have already started the bigger discussion which at some point we'll want some feedback on. Basically it incorporates a lot of what other folks have said regarding duration, SB, overwrites, etc. Before we go reviewing every single spell, we need to figure out if there will be wholesale changes to buffing. The updates made were just a step along that path.

So while I don't mind getting feedback on specific spells, please understand we probably won't do a ton with it quite yet while we decide what to do. If that bigger set of changes will be awhile coming, yeah, we'll have to start building lists of things and deciding what to do. But for now, let's hold off on adding more to the plate until we figure it out. I promise I will come ask for input when we're ready. :)

Totally makes sense.

Honestly, if you want to do some small QoL changes for raiding and beyond, think about looking at click buff durations at some point. Some of these durations could be made as long as regular buffs without negatively impacting the game. At any given time my paladin has ~5ish clicky buffs on. Constantly refreshing click buffs during boxing is /yawn, especially when you are boxing.

Just a sample of what I run on my tank (and honestly most of the ringer tanks I box have a very similar set up of clicky items) :
Lifetap mask click - Scream of Death (Visage of the frilakh master or I take Blades if there is a wizard)
Combine BP
AC/DS back clicky - Spikecoat (Mantle of the Forest)
DS clicky - Fire Elemental (ToLL or I use Idol of Joy if not tanking)
Vah clickies - Call to Battle (Standard of the Vah Rehn)
sometimes I use these too:
Attack - Grim Aura (Blackwatcher's Hatred)
Death Save - Death Pact (Bangle of the Devout)
Combine Legs

While we're looking at spell durations, I've always been curious why Relic: Master of Death is only a 30 minute duration. Spells I believe to be pretty similar and their durations (self-only, high level, relic or at least 60+):

Years ago some whiney necromancer created a totally unreasonable post about this issue. In a predictable turn of events there was some general agreement followed by someone saying "hey, I don't have what class X has so fuck class X and requests for anything but the nerfbat" (paraphrased) then the thread died. Life in the crab bucket.

Cleric Runic 2 Celestrial Well is an amazing idea. But since buff slots are so valuable to certain classes, you get yelled at on raids for using it.

An easy fix would be to make the buff go to the songs window and use the same buff # as druid relic hot, but make druid relic hot eat it.
I think that would be a solid fix if the Well spell itself is a favorite.

Cleric Runic 2 Celestrial Well is an amazing idea. But since buff slots are so valuable to certain classes, you get yelled at on raids for using it.
Any guesses as to the rationale behind the well's Healing Waters spell being a HoT/regen buff instead of simply spraying raw heals nearby each tick? There's probably some reason, but I've never given it consideration until now. o_O

SB rbow would be amazing... It sucks asking the lazy wizzy's for rbow everytime we wipe.. Also it could help with other buffs not overwriting it.. Because people who don't need it could click it off and not get it again every wile

SB rbow would be amazing... It sucks asking the lazy wizzy's for rbow everytime we wipe.. Also it could help with other buffs not overwriting it.. Because people who don't need it could click it off and not get it again every wile
Or people who don't need it could just use /cm blockbuff and never get it again....

Or people who don't need it could just use /cm blockbuff and never get it again....
Buff block is awesome. That said, sometimes you want x buff and sometimes you don't. Buff block is not as useful in that sort of situation unless you have blocks/unblock set up as hotkeys...
Sort of like BL and ranger buffs on tanks. When I am not tanking I want them, but I don't want them when I am tanking. Blades is exactly the same way because everyone wants it when they melee, but there is no use for it otherwise.

SB RBOW can't happen until 2.5 client at the very least just because AA's in the current client are horrible and hate America. So that one is a physical limitation we can't overcome right now.

SB RBOW can't happen until 2.5 client at the very least just because AA's in the current client are horrible and hate America. So that one is a physical limitation we can't overcome right now.

MEERRRKA! DERKA HERP! lmao, I am still laughing at this reponse. Thank you kindly. :)

Two more we're gonna do:

Druids will get single-target wolf form, same as the 39 group form only one person
Druid DS length will be doubled, which is still shorter than the mage one, so ppl still have to decide duration/FR vs. a bit of extra damage
I am confused, the patch mentions Legacy of Blades for druid, but not the Relic DS. And in game testing seems it is the same as always. Sad days.

Legacy of Blades *is* the relic DS. That said, I managed to overwrite my fix to that one, we'll patch it up soon here. Sorry about that.

Legacy of Blades *is* the relic DS. That said, I managed to overwrite my fix to that one, we'll patch it up soon here. Sorry about that.
My bad, I meant to say that" it seems to be affecting legacy of spine, not the relic ds". Not that spine couldn't use a boost also. And glad to hear it is getting fixed up. (That way when those pesky druids overwrite my SB mage ds, it won't suck as much. Seriously, make them bounce off each other please.)

Hah, did i really adjust Spine instead? Wow, that'll teach me to use that horrible spell editor while I am tired.

Make the mana cost of rezz spells to 5mana and reduce the casting time on thoose and reduce the casting times on rezz clickies. This will speed up the whole CR thing and will be liked in any raids

Make the mana cost of rezz spells to 5mana and reduce the casting time on thoose and reduce the casting times on rezz clickies. This will speed up the whole CR thing and will be liked in any raids

Include the necro rez in this too! The mana part not so much I guess, more the recast and cast time part in my opinion. I want to show up those lazy clerics/druids/shamans/paladins!

Actually let me ask about necro res - I have a necro alt but never play it. What's the recast/cooldown time? It's not so much showing up the other classes, but given that it costs a (pricy) component, perhaps it's worth making a case to shorten that too, I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom