Jailed for breaking no rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabuti

Dalayan Elder
So I logged into shards today and noticed that I was in jail. Apparently, I have been jailed under the 'don't be an asshole rule' for something that well, isn't being an asshole.

Yesterday, I was tracking zone after zone trying to make some money, and found out the spider in Lasanth had spawned, a mob I had checked on the past few days. So what did I do? Loaded up my characters, tossed myself some buffs and headed out to snipe it. I ran in, invis'd up and engaged the mob. All the spiders around it were dead around it and a few people were in zone so I figured it had just spawned or either they weren't killing it / able to, as one of them was a beastlord named Daeeb definitely not capable of soloing this monster. So as I run in to attack in, a warrior named Alpharious runs in and intead of sending me tells, says stuff in my flooded combat / say chat while i'm killing something! He never once asked, "Hey, can I get this turn in?" And if he did it would have popped right on my screen in a tell window and we could have discussed this. Instead, after I leave, he petitions and stirs up the /ooc chat.

Now excuse my ignorance if I missed something here, but how exactly is killing a named for money "being an asshole"? Not once did I say ANYTHING rude or do any type of asshole moves, unless you want to call farming plat for tomes and my alt being an asshole. I have read the policy plaza thread regarding claims of content by both woldaff and allielyn ( sorry if i misspelled that, it's a strange name ) and have broken no rules!

So lets put all that aside for a second and look at the big picture here for a second.

Why is killng "vah mobs" (that happen to drop boe's that vendor well and possibly spells like Group Divine Benevolence) considered being an asshole under the policy plaza? This is ridiculous to jail someone for such a thing! Why are there not * versions of said assassination mobs if we just jail people for killing them before someone else? Either these * quest versions need to be added so things like this in the future do not happen, or, the policy plaza needs to be updated to something involving killing quest mobs before someone else being illegal.

I am sorry to the person I upset bad enough to get me jailed and make a forum post about, but I can assure you if you would have simply sent me a tell and asked me, "hey, can I get this turn in?" then I would have let you. I have helped so many people get vah assassinations and plane of earth salves on numerous toons and the one time I beat someone and they petition, I get jailed for 2 days.

Thank you to all who took time to read this, hopefully we will see a change in rules for quest mob claims / starred versions after this incident.

- Sabuti

So I logged into shards today and noticed that I was in jail. Apparently, I have been jailed under the 'don't be an asshole rule' for something that well, isn't being an asshole.

Yesterday, I was tracking zone after zone trying to make some money, and found out the spider in Lasanth had spawned, a mob I had checked on the past few days. So what did I do? Loaded up my characters, tossed myself some buffs and headed out to snipe it. I ran in, invis'd up and engaged the mob. All the spiders around it were dead around it and a few people were in zone so I figured it had just spawned or either they weren't killing it / able to, as one of them was a beastlord named Daeeb definitely not capable of soloing this monster. So as I run in to attack in, a warrior named Alpharious runs in and intead of sending me tells, says stuff in my flooded combat / say chat while i'm killing something! He never once asked, "Hey, can I get this turn in?" And if he did it would have popped right on my screen in a tell window and we could have discussed this. Instead, after I leave, he petitions and stirs up the /ooc chat.

Now excuse my ignorance if I missed something here, but how exactly is killing a named for money "being an asshole"? Not once did I say ANYTHING rude or do any type of asshole moves, unless you want to call farming plat for tomes and my alt being an asshole. I have read the policy plaza thread regarding claims of content by both woldaff and allielyn ( sorry if i misspelled that, it's a strange name ) and have broken no rules!

So lets put all that aside for a second and look at the big picture here for a second.

Why is killng "vah mobs" (that happen to drop boe's that vendor well and possibly spells like Group Divine Benevolence) considered being an asshole under the policy plaza? This is ridiculous to jail someone for such a thing! Why are there not * versions of said assassination mobs if we just jail people for killing them before someone else? Either these * quest versions need to be added so things like this in the future do not happen, or, the policy plaza needs to be updated to something involving killing quest mobs before someone else being illegal.

I am sorry to the person I upset bad enough to get me jailed and make a forum post about, but I can assure you if you would have simply sent me a tell and asked me, "hey, can I get this turn in?" then I would have let you. I have helped so many people get vah assassinations and plane of earth salves on numerous toons and the one time I beat someone and they petition, I get jailed for 2 days.

Thank you to all who took time to read this, hopefully we will see a change in rules for quest mob claims / starred versions after this incident.

- Sabuti

Well either way you should be allowed to kill the mob regardless if someone is standing next to you wanting to do it for the vah (if you were there first.) Its in your "right?" to be able to kill a mob or cock block someone else from doing it.

But if you found all of the spiders dead I would have asked if someone was working in the area. At least i would have walked around the different tunnels to see if someone was there actively working towards that spider. If nobody was there and you could establish FTE (first to engage) then i agree with you 100% in that the GM person who handled the request did so incorrectly.

At the end of the day its not what you know rather who you know. get some pocket GM's in your guild so they too can help you out. RIP <Goon Squid>

upon reading another thread about this case i will agree that you were in fact an asshole. guy was literally there for the mob and you have to wait 5 minutes. i would have asked him if he was there for the mob (personally)

edit: to clarify what i mean by this

Well either way you should be allowed to kill the mob regardless if someone is standing next to you wanting to do it for the vah (if you were there first.) Its in your "right?" to be able to kill a mob or cock block someone else from doing it.

If you both are actively rushing towards it or if you were killing and he popped in an said hey i want this mob. not if he was waiting on the 5 minute timer that is enforced.

establish FTE (first to engage) then i agree with you 100%
that's what really surprised me. the guy even made a forum post with logs of me engaging the mob first and yet I was still punished for it. i've had people beat me to many mobs in actually shady ways and I just accepted that he got it fair and square

upon reading another thread about this case i will agree that you were in fact an asshole. guy was literally there for the mob and you have to wait 5 minutes. i would have asked him if he was there for the mob (personally)

edit: to clarify what i mean by this

If you both are actively rushing towards it or if you were killing and he popped in an said hey i want this mob. not if he was waiting on the 5 minute timer that is enforced.
clearly waiting as in not even in the room. i don't actively look around for people when i'm going to kill something, who does that? and as i said SEVERAL times he never even sent me a tell or anything, just said "dude" in shout or something in my flooded combat window. still not sure on how that's being an asshole.

So you've helped numerous people with their spider assassination kill, yet you had no clue that the guy you ran past was waiting for that mob to spawn? Engaging a mob doesn't exactly render the asshole rule obsolete.

You see one section:

Camp Policy
We do not recognize camps in any shape or form. "Rights" to a mob in the eyes of the staff belongs to whoever engaged it first. There are some exceptions to this rule in 'raid' zones, please see the Policy Plaza forum for details.

I see another section:

Player Conduct
Show proper conduct in dealing with other players. Deliberate training, killstealing, griefing, excessive vulgarity or otherwise being a prick to other players will result in severe repercussions to yourself. We try to maintain a friendly attitude and expect players to show respect to one another.

Congrats you have followed one rule and broken another one!

So you've helped numerous people with their spider assassination kill, yet you had no clue that the guy you ran past was waiting for that mob to spawn? Engaging a mob doesn't exactly render the asshole rule obsolete.
people who have asked, yes

The absence of camps in SoD is to PREVENT people from being dicks to each other by 'claiming' a whole area for themselves. If you are interpreting that rule to mean that you can be a dick to another player, you are in the wrong. If you expend any energy arguing that you should be allowed to be a dick to another player, you are more than wrong - you are contemptible.

Player Conduct
SDeliberate training, killstealing, griefing, excessive vulgarity or otherwise being a prick to other players will result in severe repercussions to yourself.
!
no training, no kill stealing as i was first to engage, no griefing, as all i did was kill a unegaged cash mob and looted my cash, and definitely no vulgarity or being a prick to someone, you can check the logs for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom