a reanimated priest

Tevinter

Dalayan Pious Diety
Can something be done about this mob? It has been killed one time since it has been broken (on kills that have not involved exploiting it). Fix the mob, rework it, do something other than have it be "that mob i want loot from but nobody can/wants to kill because it has been broken for nearly a year and a half"

I looked at it and made a minor change, as well as fixing the EXPLOIT that ppl were using, which still pisses me off BTW. It may make it somewhat easier. Keep in mind though this is a HARD fight and you need to act quickly. If you are seeing various AE emotes, you are probably doing it wrong.

In the interests of this not turning into a witch hunt, I'd like to let people know that issues with the fight were brought up in both public and private channels before the current round of adjustments. Prior to that, there had been a significant breakdown in communication in terms of what was tweaked and what wasn't, and there was a genuine belief that the encounter had just been changed. The issue was brought to admin attention and has been addressed, so please don't assume everyone involved had bad intentions... content breaks, encounters get changed, and sometimes people are not communicating enough (with admins, within guild, and with others).

In the interests of this not turning into a witch hunt,

That is exactly the kind of thing a witch would say!

Granted, it does seem odd that tweaked content was deemed broken and finding a way to beat it was an exploit. I mean, maybe it was really scummy or maybe the people just thought that they had really cleverly figured out the new design. Then again...

BURN HER! Burn the witch!

so please don't assume everyone involved had bad intentions

That's exactly right, and I've heard plenty of people casting wide nets. The fact of the matter is that the number of people who exploit shit is small. Very often it's not even a known thing to the vast majority.

In the above case, he's right, it was largely poor communication, though I remain convinced some actors were well aware that what was going on was not intentional. But don't disparage entire groups of people just because of the piss-poor actions of a few.

That's exactly right, and I've heard plenty of people casting wide nets. The fact of the matter is that the number of people who exploit shit is small. Very often it's not even a known thing to the vast majority.

In the above case, he's right, it was largely poor communication, though I remain convinced some actors were well aware that what was going on was not intentional. But don't disparage entire groups of people just because of the piss-poor actions of a few.
This sounds almost exactly like the infamous forest gloom exploit, yet it was entirely okay to crucify the entirety of CW.....

guess the difference is months and months of doing it on a high competition mob to doing it a handful of times to a no competition mob.

The only problem I could see with it was that it seems a bit obvious, mobs just don't lose half of their fight mechanics, but beyond that it doesn't seem like a long term or purposeful thing, the FG thing involved alot more.

Back
Top Bottom