We All Love Monks, Here

Also, somewhat related, I wonder if the monk weight restrictions have been lifted in 2.5? While looking through the same parses on this single mob I noticed that in 2.0. the npc dps was ~200 dps but in 2.5, the average npc dps to my monk was ~250 dps, a noticeable increase. He had 79 weight on him.

I think this might have to do with riposte; when I use fist I hit like 15 times a second for 10-90 damage and take noticeably more riposte and damage then when using Horok and Fist of dawn. With the weapons in I actually feel tankier then in 2.0, due to the extra stats from the weapons and extra hp from 2.5.

My testing from 2.0 (where I was taking 200 dps) vs testing in 2.5 (where I was taking 250 dps) was using the same configuration, bare fists. Didn't have weapons in for either test.

My testing from 2.0 (where I was taking 200 dps) vs testing in 2.5 (where I was taking 250 dps) was using the same configuration, bare fists. Didn't have weapons in for either test.
same healer w/ same gear and same pet so aux was the same?

How was your accuracy compared to 2.0?
How was your max hit compared to 2.0?
How was your avg hit compared to 2.0?
How was your crit rate compared to 2.0?

In 2.5, average dps on same mob, same setup, 10 mobs,
Average: 477DPS

So it's likely some of the monk changes that affected their dps got lost in 2.5 unless the "a melded yclistinite golem" in BQ got ac buffed or something.

Also, somewhat related, I wonder if the monk weight restrictions have been lifted in 2.5? While looking through the same parses on this single mob I noticed that in 2.0. the npc dps was ~200 dps but in 2.5, the average npc dps to my monk was ~250 dps, a noticeable increase. He had 79 weight on him.
I am not trying to insult you or anyone else but it truly blows my mind that you and others have to parse to question monk dps. If I could take a wild guess, my character does 500 dps less with barefist post 2.5. Did I mention mobs/bosses I'm not even attacking summon me and punch me?

Anyways I bug reported all of this like 2 days after 2.5 released

I am not trying to insult you or anyone else but it truly blows my mind that you and others have to parse to question monk dps.
I don't think a parse is necessarily needed in this situation, but it's always good to have empirical evidence to back a claim.

How was your accuracy compared to 2.0?
How was your max hit compared to 2.0?
How was your avg hit compared to 2.0?
How was your crit rate compared to 2.0?

I can dig through this if it's needed, but that's more analysis than I care to do atm unless specifically requested by the dev trying to fix this.

I am not trying to insult you or anyone else but it truly blows my mind that you and others have to parse to question monk dps. If I could take a wild guess, my character does 500 dps less with barefist post 2.5. Did I mention mobs/bosses I'm not even attacking summon me and punch me?

Anyways I bug reported all of this like 2 days after 2.5 released

To be fair, having numbers to back up any claim is always nice and they have something to work off of. Coming in and saying "I'm taking a complete guess, 500 is a nice round number. Yeah my dps is probably 500 less than before. Please fix." won't have you taken seriously anywhere.

To be fair, having numbers to back up any claim is always nice and they have something to work off of. Coming in and saying "I'm taking a complete guess, 500 is a nice round number. Yeah my dps is probably 500 less than before. Please fix." won't have you taken seriously anywhere.
I do not have a claim, nor do I care if you or anyone else on this forum sees numbers. You are not a dev and cannot solve anything by me logging on and wasting time punching stuff to prove a point. Barefist Str/Dex bonus damage doesn't work, the accuracy bonus is busted and monks pull agro constantly even if making use of feign death. Monks are exactly the same as when slaar first patched in the monk overhaul. Again, all of this was reported in the first week of release.

im critting like 3-4% less on my monk, on top of hitting like a complete bitchbaby. I can go parse specifics if slaariel really cares but its hard for me to nail down any real numbers to compare to before.

They do exist. I made extensive use of them (as well as various other beastlords from lvl 9 to ...me) during the Beastlord class overhaul. If you can find a Dev drunk/bored enough to entertain you, they can port you into PoWar and summon specific mobs for you to test.

The said mobs have the same hp/ac/resists as the mob you want to test on, but only hit for 1, have a billion hp, and don't do anything "special." so it's a good parser, taryth made it. I tested things like Gongo, Rujik, Custo, Saitha, etc etc, as well as having them summon like 6 mobs at a time (dakka moor, bloodfires, BQ elites, etc) to balance the single target and AE potential of the revamp.

I'm not saying it's easily accessible, but if this is a real issue (which it seems it is) it wouldn't hurt to try to work out a schedule with a willing Dev to delve into the specifics to give you an affirmative so it can be looked into.

P.S. the parse shows your running DPS every 10sec with an in-game message according to what the dev's see (and not what ur crappy broken parses will see). And it breaks it down for you too!

They do exist. I made extensive use of them (as well as various other beastlords from lvl 9 to ...me) during the Beastlord class overhaul. If you can find a Dev drunk/bored enough to entertain you, they can port you into PoWar and summon specific mobs for you to test.

The said mobs have the same hp/ac/resists as the mob you want to test on, but only hit for 1, have a billion hp, and don't do anything "special." so it's a good parser, taryth made it. I tested things like Gongo, Rujik, Custo, Saitha, etc etc, as well as having them summon like 6 mobs at a time (dakka moor, bloodfires, BQ elites, etc) to balance the single target and AE potential of the revamp.

I'm not saying it's easily accessible, but if this is a real issue (which it seems it is) it wouldn't hurt to try to work out a schedule with a willing Dev to delve into the specifics to give you an affirmative so it can be looked into.

P.S. the parse shows your running DPS every 10sec with an in-game message according to what the dev's see (and not what ur crappy broken parses will see). And it breaks it down for you too!

Need parsing mobs (and hate generation) freely available and not something that requires individual dev attention.

Need parsing mobs (and hate generation) freely available and not something that requires individual dev attention.

Other than the occasional person looking to run to PoValor (which didn't even work leading up to 2.5, but I digress) does the Arena serve any purpose that couldn't accommodate this?

Oh wait, this thread is about the bang up job done with monk revisions and how they didn't translate to 2.5. Well that would probably be easier for players to help with if there were dummies/parsing mobs for players to freely play around with. Just imagine how less whiney Sabuti's posts would be if he said his dps dropped exactly 472.9 instead of about 500.

a mob that ae stuns you depending how bad your raid is and you constantly have to move doesn't seem like the most appropriate thing to achieve ideal parses

Back
Top Bottom