We All Love Monks, Here

Monk boys and girls just aint right

I took my weapons off once last night and lol'd, hitting like a fresh 65 without AAs. I'll post parses later to show how much worse "DPS/fist mode" is than weapons. The damage is exactly the same as when the initial slaar revisions went in. The aggro problems are pretty similar to the bugged monk version that was put in towards the end of the revisions.

Just to recap, monk dps seems to be good now from what I can tell.

Monk aggro still has some issues. I'm not talking about monk aggro while meleeing even. Here was a fun little scenario I noticed recently.
1) Tank is tanking a boss type thing, has had aggro on it for over 5 minutes with nobody doing dps to it.
2) Nearby monk is killing adds, hasn't even hit the boss.
3) Monk gets summoned by the boss.

After testing my monk alt for the aggro bug I have found a few things to look at, the monk innate dmg bonus increase with the combat message "you focus your attention on mob" seems to coincide with the aggro jump and it is acting like warrior AE taunt, pulling mobs in a radius around the monk to him with a top of the hate list jump. I mentioned this to Admin slaar but im not sure if anything was found or if it was even looked at yet. So if you can monks , try to keep an eye out for that message iirc it kicks in after 30 secs of combat to help comfirm this as a trigger/cause for the ae aggro jump.

After testing my monk alt for the aggro bug I have found a few things to look at, the monk innate dmg bonus increase with the combat message "you focus your attention on mob" seems to coincide with the aggro jump and it is acting like warrior AE taunt, pulling mobs in a radius around the monk to him with a top of the hate list jump. I mentioned this to Admin slaar but im not sure if anything was found or if it was even looked at yet. So if you can monks , try to keep an eye out for that message iirc it kicks in after 30 secs of combat to help comfirm this as a trigger/cause for the ae aggro jump.

It's the exact same aggro problem that occurred at the end of monk revisions in 2.0. The aggro is related to time, not necessarily the 30second dmg bonus. It is also affected by the number of mobs, in certain fights it stands out Eg ok tar or any fights that spawn adds like rust factory. Uncertain if it's linear or exponential but as a matter of course monk needs to feign prophylactily in these fights to prevent being wtfpummeled.

Let me just say this, it's great for farming/cxping as I can pull entire zones and not worry about healer aggro as I wade in mountains of platinum and boe drops. There, it will now be fixed by tomorrow. You're* welcome.

Monks havnt had a problem pulling a zone and holding aggro off their healers in years. Are you just a bitch idiot who hasn't heard of a tonfa??

I got agro from a mob last night on a raid literally just standing there. My mob died. I decided to take a bite before I moved to the next mob. Said mob left over-tiered tank after 4 or 5 seconds to run and attack me literally while I had done nothing to the mob. I wasn't even facing it, so it's not like I even gave it a shitty look or anything.

I got agro from a mob last night on a raid literally just standing there. My mob died. I decided to take a bite before I moved to the next mob. Said mob left over-tiered tank after 4 or 5 seconds to run and attack me literally while I had done nothing to the mob. I wasn't even facing it, so it's not like I even gave it a shitty look or anything.

Hopefully you learned something.

Monks havnt had a problem pulling a zone and holding aggro off their healers in years. Are you just a bitch idiot who hasn't heard of a tonfa??

Just because your entropy spine was nerfed doesn't mean you should try to get our plebeian cmal loot neutered as well kay

i barely even played when entropy spine would have been good

edit: gooder, it is good now however being a fire proc is lame since everything good is fire

phoenix flame was pretty cool until fists did 2k dps and made the item kind of a bag warmer. rip lifetap.

Bump regarding agro. During Ok'Tar I was summoned out of the caves to the commander with all the miners following me. I had not hit him once and was flopping several times a minute, sometimes on cooldown. Discussing with others it seems to be related (as already mentioned above) to when the damage boost kicks in on a mob, and seems to be multiplicative based on the amount of mobs. Most noticeable during pulls of 5 or more.

New player here, used to play live and reading through the monk changes. Some of them were exciting but from what I am reading on the newer posts it is discouraging to be rolling a new baby monk. That being said, I saw the community asking for a no fail FD.
I'd propose making a meditation/mana hybrid for monks. Mana converts at 100 to 1 for meditation OR have a set value that gets some possible gear/rune increases for a maxim of 3 or 4 nofails/high success FDS. Meditation builds when you are not building discipline (auto attack is off). Once auto attack is turned on - depletes meditation at accelerated rate. Costs X amount of meditation. Balancing would need to be done and it capitalizes on a monks ability to pull. While out of combat Meditation builds quickly. I think a system along those lines would keep with a monks meditative abilities and control of body to convincingly sell his FD (Controlling heart rate, not grunting when kicked, no breathing, etc...). Doing the warrior rage depletes the meditation during auto attack prohibits no fail FD mid fight/flopping.
Also I'd like to see Hand to Hand make a come back as a monk fan boy. Not necessarily as the best DPS but the idea of right weapon for the right job is a cool concept for monk.

All in all I am excited to be back to an Ever quest like game and am curious to see the outcome of the monk class.

Monks just received some big changes in the last 2 years. So besides getting monks unbroken again, it's unlikely there will be any more monk reworks anytime soon.

Yeah, I have seen that. Gonna ride it out and see how it goes...
the broken aggro thing is actually really useful while duoing. And while it is admittedly slightly annoying while raiding/grouping, i found it semi-entertaining to be quite honest. I'd roll a monk if i was you, probably my favorite class in SoD, and i've played this game quite a bit

Back
Top Bottom