Boat question

Aegamin

Dalayan Elder
So I'm visiting all over talking to people for this main quest. I hit a wall with E.Freeport though. I tried to go the hard way from E.Plaguelands --> W.Freeport --> E. Freeport. Unbeknownst to me, W.Freeport was filled with red skelly guards lol. I actually made it to EF with 13% health. I healed up and tried to get to the guards in EP, but the skellies got me first.

Since I was bound in Qeynos, I decided to take the boat into EF. A guildmate was sitting there waiting with me, coincidentally. He confirmed that the boat goes to a safer Freeport. Everything was fine, until the boat went to zone into Freeport, but dropped me in the drink. Luckily I was able to cast gate while in the middle of the ocean (lol), so I tried again. Same results. However, my guildmate made it first try! Is there a trick or something special I need to be doing to port with that boat? It was late and I had to log after the 2nd time, so I couldn't really troubleshoot. Is there an alternative way in? Like if I travel to old Butcherblock Mtns, is there a boat that goes to Freeport from there?

Again, thanks in advance for any help or advice you can lob my way. :)

I think I just had a Derp moment. I didn't know I could just straight zone into E.Freeport from N.Ro. Will that take me to a safe or unsafe part of EF?

Almost to 39 and so looking forward to that invis from undead. lol

I think I just had a Derp moment. I didn't know I could just straight zone into E.Freeport from N.Ro. Will that take me to a safe or unsafe part of EF?

Almost to 39 and so looking forward to that invis from undead. lol
The actual zone in from North Wastes (not north ro get your lore together ;)) is safe. But to get to the boat area you will probably still need invis vs undead.

Approaching freeport from anywhere gets you into undead, but in WFP you can take the southerly sewers straight to the safe silver crown part of freeport. Once in EFP in the sewers theres a guide npc that tells you how to safely get to the silver crown camp.

That's awesome! I'll add those two zones when I get home. I'd like to steer clear of those skellies if I have a choice. I am a glass cannon, after all. ;)

Also, I'm trying to get these new names down but I am absolutely horrible with names.

Thanks for all the help!

Heh, I've played this game for maybe ten years and I still call it N and S ro... (to be fair, I think that's probably the only one from live I've never managed to shake...)

Like everyone else has said, the underground network can take you from safe place to safe place in the area, and can even spit you out in the middle of the city to get closer access to some diety quest mobs. The key here is that when you enter the zone, instead of going through the main gate run to one of the sides as far as the walls take you. One of the walls will be fake and you can enter through there. If you hit backspace to open up the map the network will be in brown.

It sounds like you have bad files for Sea of Swords (which makes sense because other people who had issues w/ EPL had this issue as well -- something to do with their install source). Files here: https://shardsofdalaya.com/forum/threads/grrrr-missing-files.29763/#post-302056

As for Freeport --- while the above ground is filled with KoS undead, the whole city is riddled with tunnels that are mostly safe.

This worked like a charm. I was in, spoke to my dude, and out. No fuss, no muss. :)

Back
Top Bottom