4.3 Loot balancing!

Collection of positive thoughts:
-4.3 is getting a 'slight' Reduction
-Rymy will finish his first zone in about 3 months, while having dev environment issues
-As his skill increases, he will steam roll more partially completed zones
-traek jr is back in the game
-fomelo will be fully working soon and i wont have to add '30' to all my calculations
-slaariel is coop working on another zone (lake of I'll omen?)
-grinkles is a new dev
-fixious is a new dev
-swiftur is still banned (just a joke, hah)
-this is the most activity ive seen in 1.8 years
-My SK is getting pseudo-buffed (he is robe-less)

Also, robe nerf is a nerf to healers because im the one that has to heal you.

We had rokgaw tank IM last night for a successful kill. 24 tomes and a 215k charm. It wasnt that bad

Last edited:
He doesnt have vah back. Could have vah backed taps.

We also lost 2-3 dps early, getting it to like 3 %?Wasn't 100% tank issue

hmm so you're saying 2-3 dps already die before the robe nerf, maybe if they had robes they wouldn't have died? starting to rethink this re balancing thing

-swiftur is still banned (just a joke, hah)
2 years later and my relevance of being the butt of people's jokes is still a thing, kind of endearing. Love you fam ^.^

Nerf limitations: For everyone trying to suggest that there should be some kind of statute of limitations on item nerfs because people have become accustomed to OP items, I'm sorry but that is just flat wrong. No single item or even group of items should be required to progress into new content. Yes, I know, Jyre/Blazewind. That's a problem in it's own right which should be addressed elsewhere. The fact is, and I can attest to seeing this firsthand, staff has had regular discussion about these types of problems for a long long time, and I think that the player base knows as much. So to act like this is just out of the blue because it's finally happening is childish.

Regarding balance: Some have suggested that upcoming content should use the robe as the baseline for new item making. The problem with that is that as soon as even a group of toons gets geared in that manner, Rujik and content on his tier becomes 1 groupable very quickly. Which don't get me wrong, should happen eventually (T18 etc.) but you cannot trivialize the previous 3 tiers of content with 1 tier of upgrades due to broken items. All this stated, doesn't even consider how difficult it is for a dev to gauge where an item should be tier to tier because of the radical jump in power that stupid robe gives...

Upcoming content: It is really agitating to see a bunch of people complain about upcoming "T10-T12" content when non of you have any idea in which direction the difficulty of the majority of said content leans, especially when new things have not really been released since Windstone in 2014 by the best I can tell from patch notes (sorry Slaar scrap heap doesn't count). It is also worth mentioning that a lot of you seem to be under the impression that new content in these tiers won't provide upgrades...? Which I can't understand because when I fomelo said people, I see a lot of Abyss loot... *mic drop*

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned any whining about new content is totally irrelevant. There being new content is great.

I do think that gripes over a broken item remaining in play for years are legitimate, but as far as I can tell, player power since 2.5 is out of control because of some bug and fixing that bug is going to be way bigger than nerfing the 4.3 robe.

Individually, player characters are way more durable than they should be right now (and maybe do more damage too but I didn't adequately assess that).

After reaching "T13" why do I even want to come back to a game where the newest content release after 5 years is T10-T12? Are there other new zones with higher tier content soon to be released?
To quote myself in a different channel:

Mudflation is a thing
New content is a tier below the highest content
Aka let's love being no better than we are now + nerfs
I'd play new content on alts but to try to keep my main close to (current) on tier is a joke
Also let's nerf bards and re-balance enchanters to keep them where they are (according to current discussions)
Also forget everyone else
Oh yeah, forget mages are even a class

Straight off, Airek, its nothing against you.

At times I wonder...do you guys play this game for a job, or for fun? I personally would hope you play it for the fun of it. New T10-12 Content, new strats to figure out, new places to go, mobs to kill, quests to finish, mysteries to solve. (Plz keep it all interesting Rymy, or I'm about to look like an idiot :] ) You "come back" to this game to have fun. Who cares if you get nerfed. It isn't about being the best, its about havign some fun, and playing with people you enjoy being around.

Now gents, lets focus on the point of all this. There is a item in the game, that makes people take less dmg. That is fine and dandy, except, How do you improve that now? The problem here isn't that the robe is strong, the problem is the robe is too strong for its tier, and there is no way to upgrade from it. What would you suggest for a new tank BP at T15? I suppose you could give it the same effect + a 50% chance to proc healing. That ought to really improve it huh? Yep, make it all/all so that even enchanters can solo Citadel. Lets make more 100% procing lifesteal weapons so everyone can go solo T9 EXp zones with their Void Touch 50% proc chance healing Bp and 100 dmg 25 delay 100% chance to proc a PBAoE Lifetap. Sounds fun huh? Yea-No. It doesn't. Here is the fact of the matter, staff sorry, but I'm throwing you under the bus for a moment. The robe should never have been this strong. The moment it was discovered to be so strong that a tank goes from barely tanking a red-con to tanking 2 red-cons, it should have been nerfed. This "accustomed" life with the robe is the staffs fault for not nerfing it right away. No matter the rarity, no matter the intention, when the power of it was discovered it should have been top priority on the nerf list. Had that happened, none of this arguing would be here. Everyone would be saying, yeah that is ridiculous to have such a strong item in the game. I am sure a few would disagree, but there would not be as much a fight over this. To fix the mistake of the robe now, you gotta just get over it and nerf the thing. Progress IS something I want to see. New Fights-CHALLENGING Fights -are more enjoyable than watching tanks with 4.3 robes solo EXP/Farm Zones.

Now to touch on you players that are crying over the robe nerf. Why are you so worried about it? What does it REALLY cost you? You actually have to DO something when you farm? Can't just stand there and stay 100% HP while u afk to grab chips and a soda? Welcome to gaming gents, you are suppose to be playing for the fun of PLAYING not having it easy. So what else? afraid 6mans will be challenge/unwinable? ITS SUPPOSE TO BE CHALLENGING. if its unwinable then it was wrong to begin with. A tank shouldn't HAVE to have a 4.3 robe if he is gonna TANK. His CLASS is classified as TANK not his ITEM. Start classifying ITEMS as classes and you may as well make all the classes the same and let items define who you are. (UO anyone?).

Bards, I leave alone. Though personally I think they are Super strong right now. Mages are a weird Class. I see fights where I would bring a mage every time, and I see fights where a Mage seems worthless. The class is currently fight dependent, and until you fix that, the class won't be in a good place.

My biggest thing here gents is the whole "Aka let's love being no better than we are now + nerfs" this is the stupidest argument you can have! its an ITEM nerf, not a Class Nerf. Your Class is JUST fine. Paladins still the kings of AoE's/heals, Sk's still the king of single target Aggro/DPSing Tank, and Warrior still the best meatshield in the game (Probably more solidified once the robe is gone). This nerf won't even really hurt DPS, cause their Job is DPS. If your taking aggro and need a robe, your doing it wrong. Trust me on this I do it waayy more than I should. Healers don't get nerfed, they have good BPs, and if they are tanking your Tanks dead and your DPS is dead cause lets face it, when does a Healer ever get aggro? Excluding Verdicts that is. Maybe its just me, but I don't see how this ruins or even hurts the game. I see how its annoying that this item existed in its current state for so long and NOW its getting put where it should have been all along. My 2 cents.

What about decaying items , in the robes case it can stay at its current stats when its brand new but the more its used the less effective it gets. kind of a reverse xp able item. It can scale with what mobs being killed (ie. tier 13 raid boss reduces it more then just killing trash mobs). Not sure if its possible though to stop it being swapped out right before the mob dies.

Yes, I know, Jyre/Blazewind. That's a problem in it's own right which should be addressed elsewhere.

This would be a non issue if Jyre still dropped.

Regarding balance: Some have suggested that upcoming content should use the robe as the baseline for new item making. The problem with that is that as soon as even a group of toons gets geared in that manner, Rujik and content on his tier becomes 1 groupable very quickly. Which don't get me wrong, should happen eventually (T18 etc.) but you cannot trivialize the previous 3 tiers of content with 1 tier of upgrades due to broken items. All this stated, doesn't even consider how difficult it is for a dev to gauge where an item should be tier to tier because of the radical jump in power that stupid robe gives...

This would also not happen if the next content tier was released years ago when it should've been. Now, we've had 5 years to farm literally every opus and piece of gear to min max characters. Robe nerf or not, REAL t14 gear SHOULD make rujik 6 mannable (Hardmode Blazewind 1hander anyone?). You could probably kill it RIGHT NOW quite easily with 14 of the games best characters.

Upcoming content: It is really agitating to see a bunch of people complain about upcoming "T10-T12" content when non of you have any idea in which direction the difficulty of the majority of said content leans, especially when new things have not really been released since Windstone in 2014 by the best I can tell from patch notes (sorry Slaar scrap heap doesn't count). It is also worth mentioning that a lot of you seem to be under the impression that new content in these tiers won't provide upgrades...? Which I can't understand because when I fomelo said people, I see a lot of Abyss loot... *mic drop*

No matter what difficulty the content leans toward, t10-12 is t10-12. That's kind of the point of a tier system. Earlier tiers of content dropping upgrades is a PROBLEM and every other MMO I've played tries to combat that as much as possible. Abyss is aboutvthe most stupid fucking zone *EVER* because t13 chars have like 5 pieces of gear from there. The zone is retardedly easy and drops loot that is tier 13+. I mean holy shit, look at an item like the Abyssal Armwraps or Mosquito Gloves. If they dropped off Blazewind people wouldn't bat an eye. You can clear the entire zone once with 6 people half ago and have your shit bag geared enough for taeshlin. This is honestly exactly what I see happening with this new content (looking at you traek jr)

Edit: misquoted you fuwok, sorry

I do think that gripes over a broken item remaining in play for years are legitimate, but as far as I can tell, player power since 2.5 is out of control because of some bug and fixing that bug is going to be way bigger than nerfing the 4.3 robe.
Can we talk about this? Seems people forget that a character like Jraul has about 15,000 hp

Abyss is aboutvthe most stupid fucking zone *EVER* because t13 chars have like 5 pieces of gear from there. The zone is retardedly easy and drops loot that is tier 13+.
What t13 characters have 5 abyss loots? I'm gennuinely curious here, because I couldn't find any.

What t13 characters have 5 abyss loots? I'm gennuinely curious here, because I couldn't find any.

I use two, but my bracer probably isn't even as good as the Abyss bracer because Slaar never upped the proc rate like he said he was going to.

Back
Top Bottom