Policy Questions Thread

Maybe the best thing here would be to not police this at all or care about it in any way and if people bring the remaining 34 people on the server on a raid then their only punishment should be having to listen to nwaij cry about it.

Maybe the best thing here would be to not police this at all or care about it in any way and if people bring the remaining 34 people on the server on a raid then their only punishment should be having to listen to nwaij cry about it.

This. Who cares.

Do you need to be actively participating in a raid in order to benefit them? Three specific scenarios I would appreciate clarification on.

1: You have a raid of 15 people in an 18 man zone. Someone loads up a mage (#16 in raid) just to do summons then camps him out.
Is this okay?

2: You have a raid of 15 people in an 18 man zone. You wipe and someone loads a cleric to do rezzes, becoming the 16th person in raid, then leaves and camps.
Is this okay?

3: Raid engages a monster and wipes, but I choose not to participate in the fight in order to rez them if they fail. They fail, and I rez them.
Is this okay?

I find a good rule of thumb is if its questionable, don't do it.

Rezzing with someone outside the raid after a wipe is benefiting outside the raid even if they join after. Probably more due to the exploit-ability of it than anything.

@Jobs - Pretty sure thats out of raid looting because they arent there for the part that earns the loot even though they are there for the thing that drops the loot.

If you engage, full or not anyone who helps that was not part of the original engage cannot help with recovery is my understanding of the rules.

I recently got to a fight a few seconds after engage on a not full raid and I had to sit there till the fight was done to get an invite to avoid breaking the rules.

If you die in a raid and load people to SB buff you before you get rez'd thats outside help and also illegal as I understand it.

The more rule lawyering we do, the more trouble it causes the server in general IMO.

If your argument is "According to the rules..", your probably doing something shady, and you probably even know it too :p

Per my petition, Rymy told me to ask this here:

Do trackers in the cmal lobby fall under raid-stalking rules for 4.3 engagement?

IE: Trackbots specifically loaded and left in zone while people are attempting the encounter to get timers / etc.
or
Trackbots and another character in a seperate wing, killing a few mobs and staying in zone for the same reason.

I know characters have been removed from the area before by petition for this reason, but what is the final stance on this?

People killing mobs in other wings of the zone is fine. Loading a trackbot, tracking and camping the trackbot is fine as well. Ideling on a trackbot, with no intention to kill anything, not. We are well aware of the grey areas this leaves. It basically boils down to "don't be scummy and don't assume we are stupid."

Items with clickable effects that can be used from inventory, can be used by any class regardless of restrictions on the item itself. Is it considered exploiting for classes not listed on these items to make use of the clickable effects?

I reported that before 2.5 and jumbers fixed it. Then 2.5 came out and it was broken, so i bug reported it and i think others did as well and obviously nothing has been changed. I have an old thread on it you could dig up.

Please leave these items inventory clickable but only for the classes listed if anything, the amount of shit that you have to swap in to click in this game is just annoying as fuck.

I reported that before 2.5 and jumbers fixed it. Then 2.5 came out and it was broken, so i bug reported it and i think others did as well and obviously nothing has been changed. I have an old thread on it you could dig up.

Please leave these items inventory clickable but only for the classes listed if anything, the amount of shit that you have to swap in to click in this game is just annoying as fuck.
Fixing for next patch.

Back
Top Bottom