Opus Changes

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
Preamble
For many years, Dalaya has been plagued by the opus phenomenon. People who have raided for a while know the opus pain from 1 of 2 sides:

1) Endlessly farming Tur`ruj for years and years.
2) Not farming Tur`ruj.

Either way results in pain. It's not a great situation whichever side you're on here. Raid content should not be something that is perpetually farmed for years and years. It should be farmed to get the drops you want and then moved on from. Unfortunately, binding opuses and class tomes to Tur`ruj seals its fate as the one-stop opus and class tome farm ground.

1 solution that has been exhaustively brainstormed is just adding more raid locations with opuses and class tomes. But anyway it is sliced, that will never fix more than half the problem of Tur`ruj being an infinite candyland of tomes.

So there has been a mentality switch
Opuses and class tomes (3/4) will no longer be raid drops in any form via quest/token/normal drop. Some raids mobs that dropped 1 loot will be compensated by now dropping 2 loots (mainly Tur`ruj). Opuses and class tomes will be moving onto exp/6-man zones.

The Plan
Here's an outline of where opuses and class tomes will drop now, the higher the general difficulty, the higher drop rate percentage. The below "Groups" denote relative chance to drop a book. The higher the group, the higher percentage. ALL opus/class tomes can drop from ALL of the areas below. Any mob in these zones over level 55, named or trash (nameds with a > 1 day repop do NOT have a chance to drop opus / class tome 3/4s).

Group 1:
Kaesora, Overgrowth easy mobs (note that these are very, very rare. Kaesora already offers some of the greatest exp to difficulty already and overgrowth easy mobs are very easy to kill).

Group 1.5:
Meielch C Basement.

Group 2:
Bloodquarry, Tears of Elael, Rust Factory, First ruins (deepfiends, sivakian, elite siviakian), Cmal 1 & 2, Deepshade, Everchill, Kedge Keep, Underwater Starfall, Overgrowth sproutari

Group 3:
Citadel, Remants undead city, Emberflow (non-Winged areas), Dojo 6-man area, First Ruins (bloodfires), Cmal 3, Catacombs, Shadowdale trees, Prophets landing (city mobs), Highkeep basement, Deeper deepshade.

Group 3.5:
Windstone

Group 4:
Emberflow (winged areas), Forest of the Fallen Elite Yiv, Forest of the Fallen Sharks, First ruins (lava spirits), HmalB, Overgrowth city mobs

Group 4b:
Overgrowth deep mobs (bigger hp pool than other group 4 mobs so a higher chance)

Group 5:
Overgrowth tunnels (not infested).

Please keep in mind there are for sure areas we may have missed. Also note that lower level mobs in an area will have a lower drop rate.

Requirements for using these class tomes/opuses
The opuses that drop will be untranslated. They will be no drop. Only players who have progressed sufficiently in the main quest will be able to translate these opuses into exp-able books. Please note you will have 2 options (both require the 5th seeker augment):

• Option 1 will be to directly turn in the untranslated opus/class tome into a translated opus / class tome of the same type. (Book Translator)
  • Option 2 will be to turn it into a different NPC that will grant you an alt currency called "Scholastic Token". You can buy the desired opus / class tome you want with this currency. (Token Vendor). You can then use the token vendors nearby to purchase your desired book. Note this is not a 1:1 ratio.
The npcs to help with translations/vendoring are in Erimal.

Also to note, currently the untranslated and translated tomes have the same icon, but that should change next patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, thank you so much for this, I love the chance at getting these without raiding!

Question though, why is it broken down into 5 groups? I may have missed something due to poor reading comprehension. Is each group a different % chance, or is it that only say, Opus 3/4 drop int OG tunnels?

Thank you again!

Question though, why is it broken down into 5 groups? I may have missed something due to poor reading comprehension. Is each group a different % chance, or is it that only say, Opus 3/4 drop int OG tunnels?Thank you again!
I edited the original post to add:
The below "Groups" denote relative chance to drop a book. The higher the group, the higher percentage. ALL opus/class tomes can drop from ALL of the areas below.

Awesome!

Will the Turruj quest have any value at all anymore then? Will the Gems I have be of any use?
If not, can I get my 10k x 3 back?

I have some Scholastic 3 and 4's already, will they work in the new system?

Either way, this is awesome :D:cool:

Are the new Opus and Class books no drop?
Will I need to turn in my current no drop Opus or class tomes, in order for them to be expable?
Will I be able to turn in my current no drop Opus or class tomes for Scholastic tokens?

Sorry if it's already in there, between the lines, I just can't find it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for your loss. If I can help alleviate your pain in any way Lleoc, please let me know.

"hard way" = Trade tomes to dev for trade in

It balances out because new people cant farm supremes with broken plat amounts (cita)

New people will still think your amazing

"hard way" = Trade tomes to dev for trade in

It balances out because new people cant farm supremes with broken plat amounts (cita)

New people will still think your amazing
You think i farmed my supreme in cita? Noobs like you wouldn't know what its like to farm charms uphill both ways.

Updated the first post, Undercaverns doesn't drop opuses. Everything is too low level.

Back
Top Bottom