Sky darkener

What fletching needs is a quest (or series) that can only be done at max skill, that gives quivers of endless arrows as the quest reward.
Really should just be an AA.

This should not be thought of in a "well Ranger's have always had this", it should be thought of as "does it cost melee's plat to auto attack, back stab, or flying kick? Or does it cost healers to cast heals? Or do any of those classes have to do special quests or tomes to be able to do the primary function of their class in any meaningful way?"

replace returning shot w/ endless quiver, tone down current fletching arrows, add no-drop arrows that scale in damage throughout various tiers (make them drop as a bonus-loot or something), allow max level fletchers to make a no-drop arrow equivalent to a t10ish arrow so that fletching isn't completely irrelevant. maybe consider adding some crafted bows that are expensive to make but very high quality (like a craftable starmetal crossbow or something)

Remove bird pets and replace them with an Eagle Eye buff. Give rangers the old r2 buff back so they have some kind of reason to melee and not just be autoshot bots. alternatively give rangers more ranged spells to cast that create some kind of meaningful and engaging bow gameplay.

Make rangers throw their weapons from bow range with autoattack as well as bow. basically a melee range of bow range

P.S - dont take my idea seriously, I mearly wish to add comic relief to those in need.

replace returning shot w/ endless quiver, tone down current fletching arrows, add no-drop arrows that scale in damage throughout various tiers (make them drop as a bonus-loot or something), allow max level fletchers to make a no-drop arrow equivalent to a t10ish arrow so that fletching isn't completely irrelevant. maybe consider adding some crafted bows that are expensive to make but very high quality (like a craftable starmetal crossbow or something)

Remove bird pets and replace them with an Eagle Eye buff. Give rangers the old r2 buff back so they have some kind of reason to melee and not just be autoshot bots. alternatively give rangers more ranged spells to cast that create some kind of meaningful and engaging bow gameplay.
This all of this.

Explosive tipped arrow quiver maybe? As an alternative to quiver of the legion, explosive being an aoe proc and legion being high single target.

This all of this.

Explosive tipped arrow quiver maybe? As an alternative to quiver of the legion, explosive being an aoe proc and legion being high single target.
a different proc buff doesn't really add anything. I'm more referring to adding new spells. Maybe a more mana efficent but less damaging nuke, some kind of DoT, maybe a spell that triggers a bow shot and does some elemental damage. anything to make the class more interactive other than turning on autoshot and casting a spell once every 12 seconds.

a different proc buff doesn't really add anything. I'm more referring to adding new spells. Maybe a more mana efficent but less damaging nuke, some kind of DoT, maybe a spell that triggers a bow shot and does some elemental damage. anything to make the class more interactive other than turning on autoshot and casting a spell once every 12 seconds.
I personally always wanted some sort of AoE options for solo farming or when in groups.

A discipline that uses endurance called "hail of arrows" can be aoe or single target. Works like a nuke that does non-combat damage.

Last edited:
I personally always wanted some sort of AoE options for solo farming or when in groups.

If you are looking for this, there are already a couple of bows you can get to fill this role. Not trying to be snarky, just unsure if you know about them since you came back recently.

If you are looking for this, there are already a couple of bows you can get to fill this role. Not trying to be snarky, just unsure if you know about them since you came back recently.
Only really one that would be worth using (at least for me) and comes from bloodstorm, which it's been kept down pretty well as of late.

Only really one that would be worth using (at least for me) and comes from bloodstorm, which it's been kept down pretty well as of late.
Mnk/bst/rog don't really have a good aoe option until that tier or higher. Bard now has their aoe spell every 15 seconds, but worse weapon choices. I understand the desire for an aoe capability, and I wish all classes had earlier options and a smoother progression. Currently it is welcome to tier 12, now you can aoe.

Back
Top Bottom