Tamer Kabil's quests, Part IV issues/general responsiveness

Quills

Dalayan Beginner
Howdy, new to the server and questing my way around Grobb getting a feel for the lay of the land the last few days.

Ran around the Bog and Halls doing his first three quests, no real issue, and was presened with the foruth - get two giant leech hides, a giant mosquito needle (sic, shouldn't it be a proboscis? :D ), and "a fish."

Per the wiki "any fish" will do, and I spent a while getting fishing up high enough to pull a Freshwater Pipefish from the waters of Greenmist Jungle and returned to him triumphant.

Except, for some reason, he simply returns my quest items. What's more, he won't respond to hails or any kind of text at all, he doesn't even turn to face as if acknowledging being hailed.

I'm not invisible, faction is kindly, and he gave me the quest text just earlier this evening, so I'm really kinda at a loss. Asked in OOC and nobody seemed to have a clue. Unsure if it's related, but the NPC out front of Grobb in the Bog, that gives the trio of newbie turn-in quests, randomly quit accepting the tattered froglok scraps as well.. I can hail that NPC and they will offer the quest for said scraps, but just returns them without any real explanation (they also suddenly stopped offering one of their other tasks, for some reason, when hailed?)

I'm still tryin' to get a feel for things that are intentional and stuff that might just be kinda fragile at times, so to speak, so hopefully this is the right forum and information to provide.

On the froglock scraps one if you have been doing it before you may have hit your turn in limit. think can only do that 10 or 20 times before it stops accepting more. don't know the other quest well enough to give much help.

On the froglock scraps one if you have been doing it before you may have hit your turn in limit. think can only do that 10 or 20 times before it stops accepting more. don't know the other quest well enough to give much help.
Hi! Someone else was saying it "may have a turn-in limit", it'd be handy if that were somehow signified, but I understand that kind of stuff is a hassle. The weirder part, to me, is that the NPC when hailed continues to offer the froglok turn in but, for some reason, one of their other dialogues for turn-ins disappeared, which would make me think the scraps *should* be able to be turned in and the other quest tapered off logically.

As for the bigger issue here, my character name is Quills as well since that probably would help to know, and upon waking up today and hailing, he is still totally unresponsive and just spits my quest items back at me upon attempting to turn in. :( He doesn't turn to face me when hailed or give the quest text of where I left off at, which seems to be the norm.

Also, just for testing purposes, I went ahead and gathered up the stuff for his Part V quest, and he also just spits those back out. Similarly, he will not respond to the trigger text for his Part V either, he seems to just be refusing to cooperate at all. :(

edit: I just made a new character and he responds immediately, so.. I guess it's something character based somehow? Can quests get messed up or NPCs just cease responding to a character for some buggy reason? Can your faciton be TOO HIGH or something? My new character is only amiable, I'm a bit lost as to why he'd just not respond at all to one but will to another!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom