Current Blessed Zones

duncandun

Dalayan Adventurer
Hello. I have not played in a long time.

But I am here now, and currently leveling a warrior (and eventually druid) in the ~20-60 range (level 18 atm, druid is 36).

Anyway, I noticed the blessed zones are heavily skewed towards endgame 65+ areas at the moment. This is understandable given the top heavy population on SOD.

However I'd like to humbly request at least a couple zones in the 1-~60 range be added.

Right now we have The warrens, and Mielb which is a kind of tough zone for early 40s. Warrens is a good zone. I'd also suggest maybe Warpstone, and Heartland for a 30-50? zone. I'm actually kind of unfamiliar with the 40-60 range for the most part, but I digress.

I don't know when blessed zones are changed, but I would absolutely love it if at least a 30-50 range zone(s) could be added.

Thanks!

there is a guy who changes the blessed zones every thursday usually, this is much better then in the past.

if you want to beam to 65 just find someone in one those blessed 65 zones and ask to leech off of them.

I've floated the idea of making blessed zones autorotate using a script that randomly picks from a pool of zones grouped by level range. It could rotate zones once a day or once a week or whatever is deemed appropriate. The RNG would also eliminate the human factor (e.g., bias, unpredictable timetable) in choosing blessed zones manually. On any given day, there would be one blessed zone for each of the following ranges:
  • 10 - 20
  • 20 - 30
  • 30 - 40
  • 40 - 50
  • 50 - 65
  • 65+
This is an unpopular opinion, but "moar exp, faster exp!" isn't necessarily a healthy approach to gaming or to game design. There's merit in enjoying a ride without constantly demanding that the ride go faster. Some of the blessed zone lists I've logged in to in the past few months have seemed too long and too full of numerous already-popular zones. Logistically, Shards of Dalaya just doesn't have the breadth of content to justify blessing more than a handful zones at a time. But people like logging in to seeing a robust list of popular zones being blessed, so I've stopped setting them myself.

I would say that the server is not the same it was in its yesteryear. While I do promote certain popular zones to "blessed" status its because we just dont have that very many people online. I figure having people online, exping, is better than seeing an empty server. I do agree there needs to be a certain level of grind to the game, i also believe that the climb is also a little steep for the new guys.

in the past I've promoted First ruins ( very often it remains empty ), Kaesora ( same ), Blood Quarry ( same ), Citadel ( same ), Remnants ( often has people here ).

Zones with extra bonus' also promote people starting alts and hopefully bringing friends over.

( these are my thoughts alone )

I like Grinkles' idea of the rng for blessed zones but I also think it may be practical to have a couple more at the higher end simply because that's where the majority of the player base is at. If there's only one 65+ zone blessed it would probably just end up being camped the entire time. Maybe pull raid zones out of the 65+ category and have those in their own pool and do 2-3 65+ zones and 1-2 raid zones? But maybe I'm just getting greedy, that could be up to 10 zones and I don't know how many we usually have now.

Historically ,raid zones do not get blessed for the most part. Me blessing those zones is me just trying to entice someone to go there ( IE farhags ).

There is also no set limit to the amount of zones that get blessed. I try to bless at least 2 in each bracket and then 2 good 65 zones and 2 entry level.

I'm going to stop replying here but you will start getting Slaariel styled zones on the blessed list. ( IF you dont know you're probably not going to like it. and if you do know you dont like it )

This would be less of a problem if there were more than two good exp zones for higher end characters. One of them, Keasora, being a zone that was designed to be an "entry" level exp zone in Ikisith. The history has been long, however it's pretty clear that OG and Cita were both over nerfed.

Hopefully, new zone will be added soon that people want to go to over going to the same two zones for the last 8-10 years. Would be cool if OG and or Cita were reevaluated as well.

This would be less of a problem if there were more than two good exp zones for higher end characters. One of them, Keasora, being a zone that was designed to be an "entry" level exp zone in Ikisith. The history has been long, however it's pretty clear that OG and Cita were both over nerfed.

Hopefully, new zone will be added soon that people want to go to over going to the same two zones for the last 8-10 years. Would be cool if OG and or Cita were reevaluated as well.

I like Grinkles' idea of the rng for blessed zones but I also think it may be practical to have a couple more at the higher end simply because that's where the majority of the player base is at. If there's only one 65+ zone blessed it would probably just end up being camped the entire time. Maybe pull raid zones out of the 65+ category and have those in their own pool and do 2-3 65+ zones and 1-2 raid zones? But maybe I'm just getting greedy, that could be up to 10 zones and I don't know how many we usually have now.

I was going to make a similar post earlier but got occupied. The problem with 65+ is a large number of the zones have been invalid for exp purposes. Not even just the two nerfed here but a decent number of them just had to long of respawn timers to be valid even 10 years ago for even a lower tier group. Blessing them doesn't make them desirable to most of the playerbase. Having randomized and automated zones would probably be nice for the low level experience. For people 65+ I doubt anybody is going to run off to kedge or whatever awful and outdated zone it lands on. I presume the original intention of blessed zones was to make certain zones more desirable and I can't imagine it ever really worked for most of them. Then you get into the fun of zones that are just awful in comparison as kedrin mentioned where the exp/hour or cash for it simply isn't worth it compared to other zones even when you slap 50% on them.

Historically ,raid zones do not get blessed for the most part. Me blessing those zones is me just trying to entice someone to go there ( IE farhags ).

There is also no set limit to the amount of zones that get blessed. I try to bless at least 2 in each bracket and then 2 good 65 zones and 2 entry level.

I'm going to stop replying here but you will start getting Slaariel styled zones on the blessed list. ( IF you dont know you're probably not going to like it. and if you do know you dont like it )

I should clarify I'm not complaining about the way things are done now, I think it's been a good mix.

Back
Top Bottom