Npc merchant offereing prices and what they actually pay not matching?

Danku

Dalayan Beginner
Ok, so I am selling some junk off to an NPC merchant. And I notice something. I checked Sanctified sleeves, was offered 182p and change, Plat BS necklace offered 229p and change and a MC claymore for a few plats. I sold all three to the merchant and ended up with 157p 19g 18s 5c.

So, testing it I offered a sharkskin and was told 9 coppers. Sold it and got 8 coppers. Tested with a shovel, was paid 1s 3c and was offered 1s but received 5c. (Erudin Palace- Djanos Gemcutter) and then another merchant (Fermak tavatar) offered 1 silver and paid 9 coppers. Faction amiable on both.

(further testing, NBL merchant price pays correct... NNP Jonas offered 1s on shovel and paid 9c...on bandages he offers 5c each and pays 5-6c each... varies by the # sold and does not always come out to an even amount of copper per bandage)

Is this happening to anyone else?

Re: Npc merchant offering prices and what they actually pay not matching?

*double posted*

After reading your post, I checked the selling price and the actual money received from a vendor.

As an example:

Bloodied Pelt

Merchant Dorthen (Newport Warrior guild, conned indifferent, my Charisma is 75 on the test character) offered:
3 platinum 8 gold 1 silver 4 copper

I sold four Bloodied Pelts to him, and each time I received:
3 platinum 8 gold 1 silver 3 copper

So, I received 1 copper less than his offering price.

I also tested selling two Patched Golden Robes.

His offering price was:
7 platinum 3 gold 2 silver 5 copper

I sold two robes to him, and each time I received:
7 platinum 3 gold 2 silver 4 copper

Again, I received 1 copper less than his offering price each time.

Also tested selling three Trader's Staffs

His offering price was:
2 platinum 7 gold 3 silver (no copper)

I sold three to him, and each time I received:
2 platinum 7 gold 2 silver 9 copper

Again, I received 1 copper less than his offering price each time.

Probably 1 cp is for service charge. Just like listsend has service charge, but the banker take more then merchant.

kfkelvinng said:
Probably 1 cp is for service charge. Just like listsend has service charge, but the banker take more then merchant.

More likely rounding differences. However, the original example is more concerning:

Danku said:
I checked Sanctified sleeves, was offered 182p and change, Plat BS necklace offered 229p and change and a MC claymore for a few plats. I sold all three to the merchant and ended up with 157p 19g 18s 5c.

That is way too big a difference to be either rounding or service charge.

Part of this issue on the black saphire necklace was that it was augmented. I did not play for the 2 days that this bug had been known and in the /motd. The known bug was that merchants showed a higher price if an item was augmented. This explained part of the problem away.

The other part was the sanctified sleeves, which was not augged, and the reported price and paid price did not match. It was all reported to GMs etc.

Back
Top Bottom