How to Sneak and Hide through mob?

kfkelvinng

Dalayan Beginner
I have tried sneak and hide, but the mob still see me. The only way to go through a mob is walking behind him. Is it suppose to be only mob see invis. can see me? In addition, walking infront of him will con read to attack and walking behind will con indifferent.

So I can only sneak behind him only?

Secondly, even I have hidden, mob still see me... <-- Instead of ducking combat, what is the purpose of hide? I can sneak already.

Thankyou for reading my question. ^^ :what:

You probably failed hide. If you success both sneak and hide the mobs will con indifferent and it should work the same as invisibility

Or press hide, then /target yournamegoeshere

If you target yourself, it failed. If you don't, it worked!

Let me summarise the Hide and Sneak.

Reason might be failed hiding, method to test whether hide success:
1. If you success both sneak and hide the mobs will con indifferent and it should work the same as invisibility.
2. Press hide, then /target <your_name_goes_here>. If you target yourself, it failed. If you don't, it worked!

Thank you for the help. Some more questions, does sneak just work at the back of mob and hide work at the front as well?
If you success both sneak and hide, you can walk in front of mob can't see invis. without notice and all the player even yourself can't target you or see you?

If you success both sneak and hide, you can walk in front of mob can't see invis. without notice and all the player even yourself can't target you or see you?

Correct. What I do on my rogue is target the mob, scowling... hit hide. Target, if still scowling, not hidden, try again, until it cons indifferent. Then hit sneak (making sure it says you're as quiet as a cat stalking their prey), walk around. Unless they see invis, you're fine. Players won't see you unless they have see invis on.

lynnettell said:
Players won't see you unless they have see invis on.
Which means druids will ALWAYS see you. I don't know any druid in their right mind doesn't keep mask of the hunter up.

Alton said:
Or press hide, then /target yournamegoeshere

If you target yourself, it failed. If you don't, it worked!

Is it still working for you? I have tried a few times, it still target the closest match... I think the server side has been changed....

lynnettell said:
It still works. Or just F9 your view around to see if you can see yourself.

Nah, I think you will always look invisible to yourself, even if hide fails. It is tricky that way. I always use the /con method you mentioned earlier. I gunna play with /target soandso and see if that works, sounds cool, maybe a macro even.

My client seems changed the setting. I can't do that anymore. Using /con method is dangerous is narrow area, you have to stand in front of the mob and make sure you keep a undetectable distance to con. It is hard to do that without being attack especially mielb . Outdoor area would be easier.

You don't have to be in front of a mob you just have to make sure hide succeeds before you begin trying to sneak.

Back
Top Bottom