The wackin stabbin fun fun poison thread

Rouean_Onrielas said:
Why is that a hell no? I am just curious tbh. What if you could somehow tie poison making into fletching to make fletching a bit more useful. Say you make poison x and combine it with user created arrow x to make an arrow with some special characteristic based on what poison you added. Just a thought.

Because currently poisons are clicked and you get a buff that adds a proc. You do not specifically put it on individual weapons. I like the flavor of it, and giving rogues something to do other than attack/backstab/hide is pretty neat. It sucks bards won't get a small skill of it, but poisons aren't anything game breaking (at least not yet) since a buffslot has to be taken up.

This could work like the Shade Leather Quiver. Clicky item that takes up a buff slot and has a chance to proc a dot on arrow damage.

Lebowski said:
This could work like the Shade Leather Quiver. Clicky item that takes up a buff slot and has a chance to proc a dot on arrow damage.

Don't rangers already get spells that do something similar?

Rouean_Onrielas said:
Why is that a hell no? I am just curious tbh. What if you could somehow tie poison making into fletching to make fletching a bit more useful. Say you make poison x and combine it with user created arrow x to make an arrow with some special characteristic based on what poison you added. Just a thought.

Now you are blanketing make poison into fletching, which is in no way related specifically to rangers. If I were actually going to consider this, in theory we might as well just let everyone make and use poison.

No.

Ikaa/Osimi said:
Now you are blanketing make poison into fletching, which is in no way related specifically to rangers. If I were actually going to consider this, in theory we might as well just let everyone make and use poison.

No.

Like I said. Just a suggestion. Fletching is hands down the most useless tradeskill and I thought it would be neat to tie it into poison making, like a few of the other tradeskills are tied together.

Lebowski said:
They have a few that have a chance to DD
I'm fairly sure those are for melee, but I think the poison should be rogue only. It'll help a little for those crazy ones who try to solo and fits with the class.

runeblade said:
I'm fairly sure those are for melee, but I think the poison should be rogue only. It'll help a little for those crazy ones who try to solo and fits with the class.

No they are not for melee.

Quiver of Cold, Quiver of Flame and Quiver of sun take up a buff slot and have a chance to do a DD when using your bow.

Rouean_Onrielas said:
Like I said. Just a suggestion. Fletching is hands down the most useless tradeskill and I thought it would be neat to tie it into poison making, like a few of the other tradeskills are tied together.

I think you're on the right track for fletching, but rogue poisoning isnt really the right way to try to fix it, and this isnt really the thread to discuss it in.

Rouean_Onrielas said:
Agree.. most useless ever, its bugged, as in to skill up with the regular combines wont worki right. And the best bow u can do is like a 10/40 and a Magic arrow with dmg 8.. thats all.. not even have quivers, special arrows, bows or anything else.

So, am I missin any worth having? I have trivial in all the ones on the wiki and havent been able to find more digging around.

poisons.jpg

JDJersey said:
So, am I missin any worth having? I have trivial in all the ones on the wiki and havent been able to find more digging around.

poisons.jpg

Theres another one thats there, but the drop never made it in, so no one can make any of its tiers yet. If your skill is 150, you're done for the time being, but it does look like you are missing some.

Toshi said:
Poison does not stack with werefrog illusion or with giantkin illusion.

I know.. Working on it. I thought I had fixed it before.. but.. yeah.. Im still learning spell design. Hopefully what will actually fix it will go in 1/1

Send my appreciation to my honourable developer

This skill is amazing. It help rogue kiting a lot. Also, make a favour of melee class's fetching.
I am waiting it for a long time and it finally come true.

This is more of a request than a suggestion.
If anyone is willing to do so. im sure many of us rogues would appreciate a list of the poisons and what they do either here or on the wiki.
many of the poisons ive made so far im not even sure what they do yet. i have no access to a spell parser nor understand how most work so...anyway if this is able to be done then help us out

There IS a list of poisons on the Wiki, I was the first to start compiling it. I do not, however, know what all of them do. I don't have a spell parser and I don't play my rogue enough to find out through sheer experimentation. However, I'm not the only rogue who worked on it and plenty of people have added enough to at least give you a general idea as to what most of them do. Like any Wiki page, it's a work in constant progress.

Tyrsell has written a wiki bot that adds parsed spell info to the wiki automatically. According the the spells talk page, using this bot to add procs is next on his list of things to do. You can create a links from the items to the procs once those pages are put up. All of the poisons proc a spell named "<poiison buff name> Effect" example: Lesser System Shock Effect.

The poison (Lesser Haemophilia) seems reset the DoT increase count. Every time, it reach around 34~36, the mob get poisoned again. It reset to 10.... The only way to avoid that is clicking the effect off and cast the poison again after it.

In additon, what factor affect the chance of getting the mob poisoned? ~Sometimes you do not even got the mob poison in 30 hits. Sometimes you got the mob poisoned twice in 10 hits...

Back
Top Bottom