Final Vah banner revisited

Kharras

Dalayan Adventurer
I will be speaking from a "tank" point of view. Other classes feel free to add your own input as I am not concerned with you hehe.
I suggest some Dev. magic glitter be added to this reward because the countless hours of chatting, killing, camping, researching, recruiting help, etc etc aren't really worth it when a tank capable of complete the quest, can just take 2 hours of his day and go to Ember for a comparable back. The Vah back is awesome for sure, but if it were more tailored for the classes that achieve it (*cough* Relic Hunters) I think it could be tweaked to make it a much more viable reward. I'm more than halfway through Vah, but to me the aspect of it being more of a "trophy" than a substantial upgrade is really the main motivating factor, and since im not into trophys, im really not too motivated =/ Just a thought.

the clicky is amazing, doubly so for tanks.

carry a sewing kit on you and you get that + sraen.

that being said the stats are .... lacking.... for a tank.

You should edit your post and change every instance of "tank" to "warrior"

Also, if you think losing 10ac for everything else the vah banner has over the emberflow item then I just don't know how to help you.

When doing item balancing things that are extra-gear like clickies are much much more factored than stats. People upgraded Ashpyre a lot already yet the clicky in their inventory is still improving their character. This is the same way but much much more powerful

The biggest problem with the vah banners has always been only being able to have one at a time. Not only does this make using any as regular gear before getting the final banner unlikely at best, but makes some of the various banners totally worthless.

While a neat idea, it's an unnecessary pain in the ass, and they would all be much better rewards (including the final) if you didn't have to swap them back and forth, and instead just got each banner already affixed to a pole, or if one could get more than one pole. Something like that.

Being able to get more poles would be the best idea I've heard. Getting one extra pole would be great, but still relegates most of the banners to bank space. A series of quests to get more poles would be great even if it was a pain in the ass to nearly the proportion that getting the banners to begin with is.

Thanks for all the input, but I still think its weak. Quest would be much better if it was modeled after the Relic Hunter quest reward item. ie, Priest/caster/dps/tank type tweaked reward. I dont count on procs/effects, especially with a 2 min duration and hour recast. (if parser is correct) Just my 2cents.

I dont get the problem, you gain 1000 hp , resists, some ludicrous amount overhaste and a heal proc that will basically ensure god mode on non tier 11 mob.

Idk, the final back is pretty amazing for the clicky if not for wearing, there aren't many cases where I could think of an arguement for not wearing it, aside from augging it means you can't swap banners without major hassle. I was talking to a few guildmates the other day on a nearly-related subject of shar-vahl loot and the idea came up about maybe puting some items on the shar-vahl tables with clickies to mirror some of the more popular banners. You get to raid shar-vahl once every time someone finishes the vah quest, most of the loot's nice, but easy to replace, and some of it is purty lack-luster (I'm lookin at you, Curveblade of the Empty Bank-Slot)

Back
Top Bottom