Slow percentages

Scarecrow2

Dalayan Adventurer
The wiki shows the enchanter slow forlorn deeds at 55% attack speed, and the shaman slows at 50% attack speed. (Does this mean the their attack speed is reduced by 55% and 50%, or is this what their attack speeds are reduced too?) And does anyone know if the shaman quest mask with swarm mastery on it is a 10% raw increase in shaman slows, or if it is 10% of their slow value( 10% of 50% would be a 5% increase on their best slow). And also are there any other items that increase slow value? Thanks for any replies.

*Edit: Also, does the slow with the higher speed reduction always override any lesser slow currently on the mob?

Enchanter slow is 45% (It reduces their attack speed to 55%), the shaman is 50%. the shaman mask is +5%, 55% with turgurs, 60% with archaic. As for items that increase slow effect, Any item with the focus effect control enhancement effects the strength of a slow by 2% per rank but doesn't stack with the shaman mask. Also, I don't know if it over writes, but they certainly don't stack.

Ah thanks for the clarification...and I forgot to ask about bard slows, whats the best modified slow % for a bard? And to make sure I'm correct, what you're saying means the best slow % obtainable by an enchanter is 47.7%(with control enhancement III) and beastlord is 53%(with control enhancement III)? Thanks for helping me with this btw, can't believe our enchanter has been slowing on raids lol.

Ah thanks for the clarification...and I forgot to ask about bard slows, whats the best modified slow % for a bard? And to make sure I'm correct, what you're saying means the best slow % obtainable by an enchanter is 47.7%(with control enhancement III) and beastlord is 53%(with control enhancement III)? Thanks for helping me with this btw, can't believe our enchanter has been slowing on raids lol.

No no, its +2% per not *.02 per. best enchanter is 53, best beastlord is 58, best shaman is 65 (63 from the spell, 2 from a bonus from a shaman only quest) (Control ENhancement IV). best bard slow is 40% and isn't modifiable.

Last edited:
Ah ok, many thanks for clarification.

*Edit: Do you happen to know the name of the +2% slow shaman quest? thanks

Last edited:
Ah ok, many thanks for clarification.

*Edit: Do you happen to know the name of the +2% slow shaman quest? thanks

It's a follow up to the mask quest, it starts in grobb in the alchemists shop. I don't remember the name off hand, but you lose your mask in the process, so it's not worth it until you have at least control enhancement II, (would be 4% + 2% for 6%, better than 5% from the mask)

+5% slow means +5% to the % of the slow, so a 50% slow with +5% slow focus would become a 52.5% slow. Also, all mobs mitigate slow (depending on their level) so you'll never really see a mob with its attack speed halved unless it's a very low level mob.

Hm, it used to be relative at least, it is possible that it's changed though.

EDIT: Yep, Zaela is right. It's additive.

Thanks for the replies it has clarified how slow works for me. And yeah Zaela that would be nice if you did that, I've spent about the last 2 months thinking enchanter slow was better then shaman slow...lol.

It means that depending on level, type of mob, etc. Mob will never actually be slowed to the complete % available.

So you cast Turgur's on Mob_A, even though it's a 50% reduction in attack speed, the mob will never actually be slowed 50% because it mitigates some of the slow. I don't believe there is any way to tell how much of the slow is mitigated, or if it is the same every time.

Lowdown on slow mitigation: Mobs have a minimum slow mitigation of (level / 2). Some mobs will have higher than that or even total immunity to slow. If a mob has a slow mitigation of 50, this means that any slow affecting them is reduced by 50%. So let's take the example of a regular level 50 mob with 25 slow mitigation and Turgur's Insects + shaman mask focus

Turgur's Insects: 50% slow + 5% shaman mask: 55% slow. The mob mitigates 25% of the 55%, bringing the slow down to ~41%. The mob will attack at ~59% its regular attack speed, instead of the 45% it would if it had no slow mitigation.

Slow mitigation is there to keep the gap between slowed and unslowed mobs from growing too wide as it would on live where a mob would literally do 5x the dps unslowed.

Instead of scaled fixes like here, Live implemented a max slow % on most everything in expansions after GoD/OoW. Even if you had a 100% slow most mobs will just cap at 30-40% slowed and call it a day. They also implemented a lot of hardcaps on how much resists could be debuffed and such, even though they would still release new slow and debuff spells, basically one end of their dev team shooting the other end in the foot.

Back
Top Bottom