Enc idea

stral

Dalayan Elder
So I've been getting back into sod as of late, and thought of an interesting idea that wouldn't be class changing, but might be a cool feature to add to the enc class. Enchanters can keep up 2825 pts of rune on themselves, with 25% block added if their pet is up next to them, making them the sturdiest of the int casters. Because of this, I often take advantage of aux tanking after I debuff and start gogging/nuking (if theres nothing worth charming around). If I'm in /s 3 and without haste, riposte isn't a particularly huge threat of eating runes and I can slightly decrease the damage a mob is doing on the tank.

So the suggestion: Add a self only (illusion of some sort?) buff that procs weakness and has a slight (stackable!) ac bonus (because the effectiveness of the aux tank correlates to ac? its been a while). I don't see/want this being in any way a change in the enc's role on raids, as raid mobs WILL eat through rune on ripostes, and were more than capable of loading weakness. But I suggest this merely as a means to put weakness into the group setting, further enhancing the enc's debuffing role and offering a slight increase to their utility, in this case as a minor aux tank. Just throwing it out there, since weakness is a spell rarely kept up due to lack of spell gems, but a perfectly useful spell none the less. The aux tank part is something you can either agree or disagree with, but theres really no reason not to be swinging away in front of a mob inbetween casts of whatever when you can eat the occasional riposte.

So I've been getting back into sod as of late, and thought of an interesting idea that wouldn't be class changing, but might be a cool feature to add to the enc class. Enchanters can keep up 2825 pts of rune on themselves, with 25% block added if their pet is up next to them, making them the sturdiest of the int casters. Because of this, I often take advantage of aux tanking after I debuff and start gogging/nuking (if theres nothing worth charming around). If I'm in /s 3 and without haste, riposte isn't a particularly huge threat of eating runes and I can slightly decrease the damage a mob is doing on the tank.

So the suggestion: Add a self only (illusion of some sort?) buff that procs weakness and has a slight (stackable!) ac bonus (because the effectiveness of the aux tank correlates to ac? its been a while). I don't see/want this being in any way a change in the enc's role on raids, as raid mobs WILL eat through rune on ripostes, and were more than capable of loading weakness. But I suggest this merely as a means to put weakness into the group setting, further enhancing the enc's debuffing role and offering a slight increase to their utility, in this case as a minor aux tank. Just throwing it out there, since weakness is a spell rarely kept up due to lack of spell gems, but a perfectly useful spell none the less. The aux tank part is something you can either agree or disagree with, but theres really no reason not to be swinging away in front of a mob inbetween casts of whatever when you can eat the occasional riposte.

does guardian animation AA work even if you've got a charmed pet up? I haven't bought it yet because in exp settings I'm always charming and the ancient pet is p much useless in raid encounters (I never get aggro unless it's a sure wipe). I just assumed it only works with animations.

either way, I like this idea because it encourages the runes to be an active part of playstyle instead of inert insurance. However tweaked it needed to be, an enchanter self buff with a debuff proc, an ac bonus, maybe an aggr mod and maybe more mana pool would be cool a la vessel of althuna.

I like this idea, it's quite in line with the other very minor self-illusion buffs, but there's already a line of AC illusions so it would be redundant.

Back
Top Bottom