Switching EQW screens w/ Windows7

Kharras

Dalayan Adventurer
Ok..so i built a new comp with a fresh, new Windows 7 OS. The prob is...when im boxing in EQW i hit ALT-TAB to switch screens like normal....but after that I have to hit ALT again because if I dont, its like the ALT key is depressed and if I start to move or type, all that happens is windows start dissapearing and reappearing. This is making me much more suckier than i already am at boxing cause in the heat of battle when im like speed switching screens i forget to hit ALT again and i lose all my hotkeys, chat, etc etc resulting in death sometimes. Any ideas on how to fix this where just ALT-TAB works as normal? Or better yet, how can i set it up where 1 key switches EQW? Thanks.

In your game folder, you'll find an EQW folder. In that folder, eqw.ini. Open it in notepad, and find EQWSwitch=

I use EQWSwitch=` (hitting the tilde key to switch) but you can always pick something else. You'll also find the setting for mouse release in there. Hope that helps.

In your game folder, you'll find an EQW folder. In that folder, eqw.ini. Open it in notepad, and find EQWSwitch=

I use EQWSwitch=` (hitting the tilde key to switch) but you can always pick something else. You'll also find the setting for mouse release in there. Hope that helps.

I love you for this here

Thade explained it to me originally. I'm just better at explaining it to other people, apparently :p

My journey:

I suffered through the keyboard bug for so long from alt + tab.

...then I found ctrl + alt + r ...

I can't believe how long it takes me to switch windows, and I have to occasionally close the raid window. But, at least I don't have the keyboard bug anymore.

... then I edited my eqw.ini ...

HOLY CRAPULENCE! THIS IS AWESOME!

p.s.
True story.

So what happens if... I can use EQ in a window, no problem. I repatch all several times. All that good stuff. But I cannot for the life of me find EQW.ini anywhere on my hard drive anywhere. Clearly the program exists, and I have logged in two boxes before since my reinstall, but no dice. I'll see how fast CTRL-ALT-R is but yeah the old ~ key was the best switch for me. I just can't remap it without the eqw.ini file anywhere. Anyone run into this before?

Hey there,
I JUST did this with the help of daenar, the eqw.ini file is in a hidden area on your hard drive. Go into folder options in the control panel and the advanced tab on the small window that pops up. On the advanced tab there are options about hiding folders, select that you want no hidden files/folders. Now go to C drive - users - your user account - app data ( this is the formally hidden area) - roaming - and finally, the shards of dalaya folder. The eqw file should be right there to open.

I was typing this on my phone from memory of where I think it was. Ill double check it when I'm off work. Enjoy your alt key not being stuck!

I think you mean like having two installs of Sod running simultaneously? or do you mean just regular two boxing the same install?
and yes i've seen it done. one player i knew had a different client setup for the healer and melee toon they played. so they could do different sets of key bindings and things.

Former. I really wanna know how to do that.
Biggest reason why I don't play sod anymore actually.
Everytime I log in, I have to set up client path, window location, etc...

It's really easy, just copy your whole eq install and paste it into a diff folder, set up two shortcuts that each load different client paths.

That's what I doing now, and it doesn't work for me.
ALL eqw client using 1 ini file now, so you can't set up separately.

Back
Top Bottom