Giant/Dragon Faction Augs

Maybe, just MAYBE, and I'm just being on the edge of insanity here. If someone, you know, becomes a Dev, or applies to be a Dev. They can come up with a rather decent quest line for a person that's destroyed their GIANT/DRAGON aug by being bad/dumb/having-e-friends-that-arent-good-e-friends. Something a bit tedious and requires a strong group/on-tier raid, to make amends to the good people they got the aug from, to get a slightly less powerful replacement faction aug. This aug would be repeatable, for those who just can't seem to not attack the people that love them.

Just one more reason for people to think, and try to be a Dev.

I'm going to go ahead and concur but much less subtly suggest eqjenius apply to be a dev. Also please post when you do this so I know when to start seducing staff members to get them to copy/paste me your ap.

IDK if it's been mentioned already or not b/c all I did was skim the thread b/c my finger hurts and I spent all day in a small box full of diarrhea and hepatitis BUT

The server policy has always been "We don't fix player errors unless it's a game-breaking player error like deleting your seeker rune and depriving you of continuing the main quest" etc etc.

The difference between the two situations you mentioned are that your case was a player error, where Grupo's case was a malicious dick-move. The fact that your circumstances were benign and you were being a cool dude and grupo is a filthy scumlord aren't mitigating circumstances, they're unrelated backstory. If the situations were reversed and you had a trusted guildy blow up your gear and grupo's one-millionth-scumsucker killed a dragon and got his aug destroyed, you'd get your gear back and he'd get a "sorry, sucks to be you."

While it would be NICE if you could get what is probably the 2nd most important aug in the game back if it was destroyed and it would be NICE if you could un-pariah yourself b/c the wiki fooled you into thinking you could still get ToT loots with some crazy bounty token system that was never implamented, neither item is more than a bonus and has very little actual impact on a toon's capabilities outside of the Class Top 5. Having these items is like a reward for people who protect their reward. Having them blown up and gone forever isn't really all that big of a deal.

Giant/Dragon augs and (to a similar degree) deity stuff are like what, the ONLY two environment-related consequences in the whole frappin game that carry actual consequence. It's really not even that big of a deal anywho.

Also regasin plucks his eyebrows.

As far as I remember, the reason for not being able to repeat it was lore related. Which would make sense if say it was a oneshot raid event, but kind of doesn't make a hell of alot of sense seeing as you still end up killing the mob thousands of times.

While I have no doubt that giants and dragons have super effective regeneration spells, the aug not being repeatable and poofing has also caused a huuuuuggee amount of problems (and threads) over the years, and it should probably just be repeatable, fixing said real problems and hurting absolutely no one at all.

Or y'know. Maybe have one where you turn the head into the shadow dwarves and get a different aug. They are kind of involved in that whole hodgepodge anyways. That would be kind of cool, since it's a quest zone with like no quests.

Last edited:
IDK if it's been mentioned already or not b/c all I did was skim the
tl;dr
Also regasin plucks his eyebrows.

This is false information.
As for the augs, you never know things change all the time. Just like the Vah would never be in the game, but now we have kitties. Just up to a good enough Dev, with a good enough storyline.

My eyebrows are fabulous.
As for the augs, you never know things change all the time. Just like the Vah would never be in the game, but now we have kitties. Just up to a good enough Dev, with a good enough storyline.

Agreed, also I don't officially have an issue with the aug being replaceable but I figured someone should give the bad-guys a helping peg-leg to balance on.

Agreed, also I don't officially have an issue with the aug being replaceable but I figured someone should give the bad-guys a helping peg-leg to balance on.

<3
I agree bad guys do need help every now and then. Just trying to give people good ideas to help output their rage. So hopefully creativity can come out, instead of rant rant rant anger anger anger. Also suggestions to possible future Dev's or even current ones that want to be pretty people.

Something along the lines of Dragons/Giants are infuriated by the fact you destroyed their symbol of trust, but you worked your way back into positive standings with the people of their countries. But trust will not be given again so easily, but perhaps there is hope yet for you.

Giants will send you to:
-Gather the Gleaming Scales of the Dragon's Generals
-Lead an assault on the front of DHK with Giant's assistance as reaffirming your alliance.

Dragons will send you to:
-Collect the Signet Rings off the slain corpses of Ryamz's Generals.
-With those in possession of the dragons, will allow you to deliver poisoned food/drink to the giants past their stronghold defense, allowing the dragons to have a chance at taking the king directly.
Reaffirming alliance to the dragons.

You receive: Mended Gemstone of the scale/Mended Gemstone of the Storm. Mildly reduced stats due to it's weakened state.
+Expable in respective zones, to restore it's true form.

Just ideas

Last edited:
... ... ...

The weary and nearly frozen adventurers crept up to the next corner pressed against the intensely cold ice laden wall and crouched as low as they could; all the while trying to contain the tremors that were much less the deep shivers of hypothermia and more the nagging relative inconspicuousness of them to the scale of this place.

Sliipii glanced back at his friends, one by one, settling on Derrtt with his eyes glued to his Bookica of Gnomensis on Dwarvishanian Erotica. Looking back to his comrades Sliipii rolled his eyes like a homo and began to edge around the corner.

A long cavernous hall lay out before him.

He gasped audibly taking in the seamless stonework and icework, then let out a muffled yelp as a small hand covered his maw. Turning back slowly, his eyes trailed up the arm to the countenance of his closest friend.

"They can see the vapor of your breath around corners, don't get us killed you furry faggot," Tyeka hissed menacingly.

"There's nothing down there, faggot."

"Oh, well I figured there wouldn't be," Tyeka touted while smiling and looking around a lot, but never making eye contact with anyone.

So, friends in tow, Sliipii slipped so soundlessly silent South into Stormkeep. The brave band of noobs trekked further and further into the keep, the combination of cold and fear knotting their throats so that none made even the slightest sound.

Suddenly Sliipii stood straight up, his ears and the hair on his back and neck stood on end. The adventurers lost in the grandeur of the keep bumped into one another, creating some kind of ridiculous log jam of little people in a huge space. Last to ass-end his friends was Derrtt, who upon dropping his precious looked around and exclaimed,

"HEY SLIP< WERE R WE>?"

With the gleam of the purest hate in his eyes and teeth bared like a Grue Sliipii whirled around glaring at Derrtt and began to hiss,

"I swear I'll cut-" but was then cut off

"STORMKEEPER," bellowed Terrdd.

As STORMKEEPER echoed down into the depths of the keep, the party stood still.

Thunderous footsteps echoed down the ice laden halls. They grew closer and the adventurers could begin to feel the rythmic pounding, first faintly in their chest but building and building until it shook their bones and blurred their vision.

Around the corner a storm giant sprinted, wailing like a bitch and big eqjenius sized tears streamed off his cheeks.

Sliipii could only stand and gape in awe as the monstrosity barrelled past him taking no notice of the band of adventurers cowering behind some kind of housecat.

As the giant trailed off up out of the keep he bellowed, to who is still a question, for why is another good one, what how and when are not relevant. Anyway, he bellowed,

"They want to feed us, THEY WANT TO FEED US... AHHHHHHHHHHHARGHHAHFLHDFREDFREDAHHHHHH
:toot:

I asked in /petition to have Jarh's aug returned and to have mine removed in its stead. If a pound of flesh must be extracted (cluster of bytes, maybe?), the consequence of a poofed aug should belong to me, not the person whose toon I was borrowing. I was told by the on-duty GM: "This isn't something we do."

Can I inquire as to why? It's never been clear to me why an item lost through a player mistake should not be recovered by a GM that has the capability of returning such items to the player (or a no-drop item looted by the wrong toon). I can think of a few reasons why GMs might choose not to aid a player with an item recovery in specific instances, and maybe this is one of those cases, but I can't think of any reasons that this should be codified as official GM policy, to the point where GMs must simply say, "I'm sorry, my hands are tied."

An imperfect analogy I know, but I locked my keys inside my car once upon a time, and I asked a nearby police officer to help me into my car. He certainly wasn't obligated to help, but he walked over to my car, shoved a plastic hanger under the window pane, and unlocked the door for me. It cost him 5 minutes of his time, but it saved me a call to the locksmith, an hour in the cold and fifty to a hundred bucks on the bill. A kindness for which I'm still grateful.

I guess I always thought that GMs are there to serve a similar function.

Since I made the original call on this and I happened to be on the forum, I'll be happy to explain. The reason the augs cannot be returned is because we did not want people simply switching dragon/giant faction willy-nilly, getting their aug and then deciding they want some loot from dragons so they go on a killing spree, repair their faction and all is forgiven.

Basically once you get your aug you should be absolutely sure that you do not want to go dragon-killing. It's actual, tangible consequenses for your actions. You may not think it fair that the person whose character you borrowed gets the consequenses, but thats the thing about account sharing. It's like borrowing someone's car: If you total it against a tree, the damage won't magically transfer over to your car instead because that would be fair.

Finally, the reason guestlock doesn't have something like a faction-block is because it would be too restrictive in some situations and might be an incentive for not keeping guestlock on at all. I will say that it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have a dragon/giant combat-block as per the way the deities work once you get your aug though, but that's up to the current staff if they want to implement.

Last edited:
dragon/giant combat-block as per the way the deities work once you get your aug though, but that's up to the current staff if they want to implement.

I think it'd go a long way towards preventing this sort of complaining anyway.

I think it'd go a long way towards preventing this sort of complaining anyway.

It also makes sense and doesn't take away any of the consequenses involved in picking a side. If I was up to me I'd probably do this along with a one-time chance for anyone that's wasted their aug to get it back.

so would considering a mob but hey

There's really no harm in idiot-proofing stuff like this as long as it doesn't take away from the core design of the feature (that choosing to ally dragon/giant should be a choice with consequenses). You used to be able to screw yourself by killing your deity's mobs too and I don't think anyone misses that.

This is actually not a horrible idea. Can easily incorporate it into the the lore of the augment also.

Going to make the "No Kill" tied to the aug itself and not the flag. If you want to kill that side again you can destroy the aug and do so - but that is it for the faction augs.

Slaar is looking into the feasibility.

Would be so awesome if we can redo the quest then it lock faction.

Can't wait to see if this goes anywhere.

Last edited:
While the gm's are in the mood of helping everyone with the stuff that can hurt a character indefinetally, perhaps could set a date to reset all diety faction and get rid of ethoes choice for everyone pariah. This would be a viable thing imo since no one plans to impliment anymore diety augs into the game.

Back
Top Bottom