Making The Vah a little more accessible

As a person who has completed 2 vahs (dont kid yourself stever I did all the work), I agree with the keeping it as it is. The quest is extremely hard and extremely rewarding.

I remember racing nifera or eisley or one of the other scumlords to advisor one time and I lost and it was the worst day of my life and then I got it because, if you actively track this shit, you will eventually find it up. Unless rehn decides he wants to keep EO down for months at a time because hes a jerk.

As one of the people that has completed this quest, The Vah is really just fine as it is now in terms of difficulty and time investment. Any of the more casual players can easily complete the hidden presences and get several really good clicky items in addition to the Vah tmap reward which is hard to replace for anybody until ~t8, despite being fairly easy to complete. Those who can and are willing to invest the time into collecting all the banners can raid Shar Vahl for some cool loots in addition to an amazing clicky.

The idea of * versions of mobs has been discussed before on these very forums and Thinkmeats himself, the guy that made the quest, shot them down for the same reason that you don't like them not existing; they're meant to be bottlenecks. I can only assume the reasons the Mielech the Reanimated has a * version is due to 2 factors, he's a cash mob which 65 groups keep down and because his step is still near the beginning of the quest before you have access to all of the side quests.

The fact of the matter here is that this quest is NOT required for progression in any way. The final reward is a really nice clicky, yes, but I've never said to myself "well damn, if I didn't have the Vah back there I couldn't beat this monster". It became like this for a little while when Marza had to balance content around people having 2 minute god mode, but now that the duration is only 30 seconds, it's not as easy as it once was to abuse.

Basically, this quest was meant to be long, time consuming, and difficult. If you don't want to put in the time that it takes to track raid mobs and assassination mobs, collect rare items, and get all of your banners, then don't do the quest.

quoted for truth

As the foremost member of the "I hate [The Vah] and want both the quest and all rewards from it removed from the game forevermore with no recompensation" club as well as the "not doing Vah" club, I still don't think any part of the quest is unreasonable except the Salves of Sihala.

Edited to add: Oh, and before you make that argument about the assassinations, I assure you that I've been involved in more ugly fights over those assassinations than any of you.

Agreed on salves, those things are awful. They should really just drop (or drop much more often?) off the goofy ass mini's that fill the back end of that zone. I'm looking at you Vegarso Queen.

As the foremost member of the "I hate [The Vah] and want both the quest and all rewards from it removed from the game forevermore with no recompensation" club as well as the "not doing Vah" club, I still don't think any part of the quest is unreasonable except the Salves of Sihala.

Edited to add: Oh, and before you make that argument about the assassinations, I assure you that I've been involved in more ugly fights over those assassinations than any of you.

Salves are easy considering that those monsters can be killed with less than a full group and they have predictable spawns. Kill one once and you can plan to kill it again so many days later.

ED map sword is the worst part (ED map prices are disgusting (sword drop rate sucks (parenthesis)))

Back
Top Bottom