Request for Minor Enchanter Fixes

Grinkles

Developer
Staff member
Will the staff please take the following into consideration for fixing in the near future?

-----

1) Relic: Placid Focus is still placed under Utility Detrimental > Mana Drain in the right-click spell bar menu. I move that it be reorganized into the same category that the BST Bliss line falls under (which I'm told is Regen > Health/Mana).

2) Illusion: Scaled Wolf casts the illusion of an ordinary wolf. On Live, this buff did indeed cast the Scaled Wolf model--that used for the Iksar Beastlord pet--on the enchanter. I move that one of the following be implemented:
.....a) If the intent is for the spell to cast normal wolf form on the enchanter, then rename the spell to something like Illusion: Wolf or Illusion: Natural Wolf (as opposed to the lower-level Illusion: Spirit Wolf).
.....b) If the intent is for the spell to cast scaled wolf form on the enchanter yet, for whatever reason, this mistake was either not noticed or not fixed, then recode the spell to grant the proper illusion.

3) Enchanter pet weapons do not come up on /cmd petinv. This is especially disappointing with Ancient: Guardian Animation, whose sword and shield are unique to the rest of the spell line. The increasing efficacy of each new animation would be easier and more interesting for an up-and-coming enchanter to gauge if the weapon and shield had viewable links. A high-end enchanter might also be able to make more a informed decision about whether or not to hand over a new weapon or shield for his pet to dual wield. I move that these weapons be assigned proper links that show up in /cmd petinv.

-----

Thanks for reading my suggestions. If I'm mistaken and one of the above is indeed working as intended, please correct me. Should anyone else feel free to chime in on these requests or add any other little Enchanter-specific inconsistencies in need of discussion, do speak up!

I second these points, especially 2 - I was under the impression that the 'Scaled wolf' was at the very least meant to be a movement buff yet if it is it's nothing like the speed of 'spirit of the scale'. I don't really notice a change in speed with it on. Plus the illusion to be a scaled wolf would be super neat.

The pets - I would imagine the weapons are coded into the pet and might not be actual weapons? No idea on this though, I just assumed.

I second these points, especially 2 - I was under the impression that the 'Scaled wolf' was at the very least meant to be a movement buff yet if it is it's nothing like the speed of 'spirit of the scale'. I don't really notice a change in speed with it on. Plus the illusion to be a scaled wolf would be super neat.

The pets - I would imagine the weapons are coded into the pet and might not be actual weapons? No idea on this though, I just assumed.

Thank you for replying, Rusheeth. Regarding the Scaled Wolf form, I believe the illusion does confer a movement speed enhancement, but it is virtually imperceptible to the enchanter who already has maxed Innate Run Speed, an AA which does not stack with movement speed buffs.

As for the pet weapons, your comment reminds me of something I really ought to have included in my list: the animation *punches* with its sword. This cannot be intended. From a role-playing perspective, it is downright silly for the pet to wield such a pretty little sword only to eschew it in favor of whacking the foe with its (invisible) fist. Might this be connected to the weapons not having actual links?

The funny thing is that the pet will dual wield weapons if you hand them to him when he's under an illusion.

1 is ezpz and will go in next patch. Two and three not so much. The weapons are not actual weapons but are instead aesthetic. Making them real would actually lower the pet power as other equip would not be able to be used.

Ah, that explains why they do not show up on /cmd petinv. At least now I know Aishii's trick for getting the pet to wield things properly. (I just gave my Gnomed pet a broom in Athica earlier and it worked like a charm!)

May I ask what the deal is with #2? One would think the spell's effect must have been changed SOD-side to grant the ordinary wolf form instead of the scaled wolf it gave during Titanium on Live. Is the spell name somehow unchangeable? Is the effect? Or maybe it's working as intended and the connection between the spell name and the resulting illusion is going over my head....

PS: Thanks for approving the Relic: Placid Focus fix!

Ah, that explains why they do not show up on /cmd petinv. At least now I know Aishii's trick for getting the pet to wield things properly. (I just gave my Gnomed pet a broom in Athica earlier and it worked like a charm!)

May I ask what the deal is with #2? One would think the spell's effect must have been changed SOD-side to grant the ordinary wolf form instead of the scaled wolf it gave during Titanium on Live. Is the spell name somehow unchangeable? Is the effect? Or maybe it's working as intended and the connection between the spell name and the resulting illusion is going over my head....

PS: Thanks for approving the Relic: Placid Focus fix!

making a model like scaled wolf global requires manually editing the files for all zones in the game, past and future, and adds a slight (these days, frankly unmeasurable and ignorable) performance hit during load times for those zones

making a model like scaled wolf global requires manually editing the files for all zones in the game, past and future, and adds a slight (these days, frankly unmeasurable and ignorable) performance hit during load times for those zones

Was essentially my thoughts when I posted the global load I used for a server I was working on. Maybe on Dial-Up there were issues with all models being global, but those days are *mostly* behind us. I noticed a slightly longer world enter, but no zoning differences (tried with SoD, replaced file, launched without patcher to see how it was affected.)

The problem isn't related to bandwidth, it's the fact that when you enter a zone the client has to load every model on the list into memory. The client has numerous very high poly count models and on many people's slower computers zoning times would become considerably higher than they are now.

This confuses me. The scaled wolf is already global--and necessarily so, given that any Iksar beastlord utilizes the model for his or her pet. Even Claws of the Beast, whose worn effect is "Form of the Hound," grants the scaled wolf model to anyone who wears it regardless of zone.

I must again ask: Am I missing something?

The scaled wolf model is missing in dn (bst pet looks like a human woman) and in quarry it looks absolutelybadass and should be the model for relic bst pet :)

Yeah I just got everythign back up and running from my move. Putting this in spell file now.

Back
Top Bottom