Shaman as a healer.

At your tier, they are pretty decent yeah. Still cant interchange them as a group healer though, but most things you fight and tanks you heal, their spam healing on tank is still good.

Here are some proposals to improve the Shaman class that I know everyone on the server would appreciate:

Make all stat buffs group wide from level 1 through 65.. there is no reason that a Shaman should have to cast Str/Sta/Agi/Dex on every single melee class in an Adept raid or exp group every 30 minutes. When I leveled a Shaman I simply ignored the single target buffs because it was far too tedious and annoying.

Improve the effectiveness of Mend Wounds by increasing the base heal amount to decrease the gap between a non relic Druid and Shaman

Prevent Valorion/Thanman/Zanman/Snake whatever from posting about the Shaman class.

Lol, good one.

But this is about the Shaman's role as a healer, or lack there of. Making Mend Wounds = Woundbane, meh, that wont change anything...

So all you really want out of this post is to get shamans group heal. Ok well have fun with that never happening.

Give shamans blizzard and clerics blizzard so we can all be the same where it really matters

Here are some proposals to improve the Shaman class that I know everyone on the server would appreciate:

Make all stat buffs group wide from level 1 through 65.. there is no reason that a Shaman should have to cast Str/Sta/Agi/Dex on every single melee class in an Adept raid or exp group every 30 minutes. When I leveled a Shaman I simply ignored the single target buffs because it was far too tedious and annoying.

Improve the effectiveness of Mend Wounds by increasing the base heal amount to decrease the gap between a non relic Druid and Shaman

Prevent Valorion/Thanman/Zanman/Snake whatever from posting about the Shaman class.

good post. leveling a shaman sucks when you get kicked from the group because they think that you wasting all of your mana for +12 strength buff on everyone is more effective to getting exp than just not casting them. Why cant these level 20s min max like me. I dont want to be out of mana for half the duration those spells last. Just give me one big stat buff every 9 levels or whatever.

(( http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=1377 )) but better

Last edited:
So all you really want out of this post is to get shamans group heal. Ok well have fun with that never happening.

They already have a group heal, a group HoT, but it kills the groups dps and mobility, thus its very counter productive, and they rarely use it.

Im asking for the snare and slow to be removed. Should really read posts.

Why is it so hard to understand that shamans are not primary group healers?

There are some fights where they do gheal using Runic, but for the most part they slow, DoT (also helps mitigate dmg like auxing) , melee, and Blast heal. They are the second best blast healers. It isnt quite as large as druids but its faster, and on top of that it costs less mana and you regen mana faster thus you can heal longer.

Look at EQ1 and EQ2, they understood that Shamans needs to be able to do some group healing, or they fall thrue, just like they do here.

What would happen if the changes i suggested was made? You would see more Shamans heal exp groups, you would see them do hots in raids and 6 man, but hots a still limited, so if its not enough, you still have to drop him for a druid or cleric.

Its just about raising a bar a little, cause the two other healers are sooo far ahead that the Shaman is not a healing class any more.

Here is an other illustration....

Ranger + Bst vs Shaman.

Ranger + Bst chaining Chloroblast.
145 mana
1.5 second cast time (4 seconds when chaining)
428 Heal (856 when x2)
H/S: 214, H/M: 2,95

Shaman, chaining Woundbane(with CSI 7):
285 Mana
3.225 sec cast time (+2.5 sec recast when chaining, 5.725)
1650 Heal
H/S: 288.21, H/M: 5.79.

Ranger and Beastlord heals for 25% less, and the Shaman has almost twice as good mana ratio, but then the Bst and Ranger both have a mana pool (and twice the mana regen, since they are two). Also with the Beastlord pet proc'ing group heals, the gab will close even more (and the Beastlord can slow)...

"Yeah but then the Beastlord and Ranger wont do any dps, duuh!"
Sure they will, just equip high delay weapons, the cast time is only 1.5 seconds, then you have 2.5 seconds to land two rounds in, before you cast next heal.

If the Shaman is an OP healer, then surely, a Bst and Ranger combo is nearly OP.

Last edited:
With that in mind, try and do the math with 2 Shaman's trying to come with in 25% of a Druid doing g healing. Even with Shm Runic1, they cant...

Or two Shaman's trying to single target heal vs a Cleric....

2x Shaman, chaining Woundbane(with CSI 7):
285 Mana
1650 Heal (3300 when x2)
H/S: 576.42, H/M: 5.79.

Cleric chaining Relic: Light of Eternity(with CSI 7):
395 Mana
3.01 sec cast time (+2.5 sec recast when chaining, 5.26)
2700 Heal
H/S: 513.31, H/M: 6.84.
(The Cleric will heal atleast 15% more than 513.13 due to Archaic and innate heal crits, but just counting the Archaic boost it would be, H/S: 590.3 H/M: 7.86)

So yeah 2 Shaman's can for sure out heal 1 cleric, atleast over time (they "only" heal for like 2-3% less).
Once the first AE starts, the group is fucked, and Runic 1 wont change that. When 1 Shaman breaks off to cover the group, the tank dies. The Cleric can just alternate 1 g heal in now and then, and problem is solved (as long as he has mana, obv).

Not saying i want two Shaman's to be able to group heal like a Cleric or a Druid, just showing that they can barely heal a single target like 1 Cleric, and even with Runic1 "working", well they still have along way to go for being a group healer, and im fine with that, just throw the Shaman a friggen bone... They are healers arent they? Well suppose to be, anyway.

Last edited:
They can't because they aren't designed as group healers. If you want shan group healer play eq2

Basicly the same was said to me looong ago, when i came here and said that there was a problem with the Warriors inability to do damage.
"Go play live if you want a Warrior who can do DPS! lol, who is that guy, just doesnt get it... "

I also looked in to the SK vs Paladin current situation, but again could see that i didnt understand anything, but at the time i had seen what happent when you tried to make a point...
So made a Paladin, it got nerfed heavy and SK's got beefed so they now can out DPS my Monk in most fights.... Go figur.
(This may have changed after Tripple HT fix, havent checked since then)

Oh, i have to clarify in here, i forget...
My point was, that things do change in SoD (not that the Dev team is out to get me, and im sure i saw that i could now donate for tinfoil hats).

Last edited:
Anyway, its late i need sleep. I hope some Dev will look at my arguments, and atleast can see that i make some valid arguments.

Also for the rest of you, please dont make this thread hit 20 pages, or i fear Devs might just delete it rather than read it...

Last edited:
Maybe they will also delete your characters ingame so we can avoid threads like this in the future.

Removing the slow from runic 1 would certainly help the spell get used for something besides healing the caster group. But It should also gain a recast at the time, something around 18seconds at minimum. Why, you ask? Because the spell already heals for more for tick than the druid or cleric (blows the cleric away, actually). While I don't begrudge the shammy gaining some ability to mitigate group damage, I don't think it should become the defacto group HoT'er for the raid, cycling them through the groups to offset ae, padding for the group heals by the clerics and druids.

Here is an other illustration....

Ranger + Bst vs Shaman.

Ranger + Bst chaining Chloroblast.
145 mana
1.5 second cast time (4 seconds when chaining)
428 Heal (856 when x2)
H/S: 214, H/M: 2,95

Shaman, chaining Woundbane(with CSI 7):
285 Mana
1650 Heal
H/S: 288.21, H/M: 5.79.

Ranger and Beastlord heals for 25% less, and the Shaman has almost twice as good mana ratio, but then the Bst and Ranger both have a mana pool (and twice the mana regen, since they are two). Also with the Beastlord pet proc'ing group heals, the gab will close even more (and the Beastlord can slow)...

"Yeah but then the Beastlord and Ranger wont do any dps, duuh!"
Sure they will, just equip high delay weapons, the cast time is only 1.5 seconds, then you have 2.5 seconds to land two rounds in, before you cast next heal.

If the Shaman is an OP healer, then surely, a Bst and Ranger combo is nearly OP.

In before Trashcan. This was the worst post I have ever read.

Anyway, its late i need sleep. I hope some Dev will look at my arguments, and atleast can see that i make some valid arguments.
I hope some Dev will look at my arguments, and atleast can see that i make some valid arguments.
i make some valid arguments.
valid arguments

hahahaha, please tell me this is all a troll.

I've healed Gloom faced on Pagloac several times. Once so drunk I could barely speak with Eisley main healing, close behind. Rohk is a tank and spank with two easy tricks. How is this not possible with a shaman?

Back
Top Bottom