codex of power change

Woogie526

Dalayan Beginner
what if they are changed to be more in line with current tomes.

broken into it's components
healing 1/2/3/4/5 for 25 or 30 aa each

spell damage 1/2/3/4/5 for 30 aa each

melee damage 1/2/3/4/5 for 30 aa each

not sure what else they improve aa count 110 ÷ benefits to be in line rounding up slightly

leave current codex in there as a bulk discount make each piece cost a lil more but allows specialization decreasing exp required to catch up in what is needed first.

obviously only one or the other can be done.

Hmm I dont understand your change proposal for codex, but if I was changing codex I would change them from:

Codex 1 110
Codex 2 110
Codex 3 110
Codex 4 110
Codex 5 110

to:
Codex 1 50AA
Codex 2 80AA
Codex 3 110AA
Codex 4 140AA
Codex 5 170AA

Still sums to 550AAs but lets newbs get a jump on the early codexs easier to be more useful sooner. First codex always felt the worst doing them, and this would really help with that.

Codex improves melee damage, spell damage, pet damage, and Healing 4% per volume for 110AA

My suggestion is breaking it into components.

Healing 4% per volume for 30 aa 150 to max
Spell damage 4% per volume for 30 aa each
Pet damage 4% per volume for 30 aa each
Melee damage 4% per volume for 30 aa each

600 to max, but very few classes need all the parts.

For example.

Tanks can focus on melee damage gain their 20% for the equilavant of codex and a third gaining much more benefit then codex one provides them. Which is all they would have done.

As a shaman I could focus on healing first.

A little more to max, but could do codex if you wanted all the parts at a discount. Specializing would allow characters to customize their character as they see fit, in line with current tome time wise. This would close the gap between new players and old quicker, and be less daunting.

I like Codexes how they currently are. In their current form they aren't that bad, and as a Monk I get a benefit from the healing / spell damage / melee damage each volume offers me.

I am saying have 2 parallel systems. Codex for who wants that route, new broke down system for those who want that option.

i don't have any issues with the current codex minus the fact that they are a huge game years consumption to comeplete. and its quit the pain in the ass to finish all 5 of those before you start on the other times. I like your idea only because it gives newer players or new toons a chance to
"shortcut" the time it takes to catch up tome wise. and it will also feel like your accimplishing much more when you comeplete a tome in a week rather than a month!

This seems like a waste of time. I hope they start working on good ideas before they look into this.

I could see this except that it'd basically be saying "screw you hybrids and melees maybe." Little reason to do melee or healing if you're a nuker, done 3 times as fast!

I could see this except that it'd basically be saying "screw you hybrids and melees maybe." Little reason to do melee or healing if you're a nuker, done 3 times as fast!

I think it is arguable that no class needs all 4 aspects of cop. Maybe only beast lords.

Most pet classes don't need melee, and non-pet classes don't need pet damage.

Could require 2 trees done to do class tomes for balance possibly.

Wizards only one that could get away with only doing 1.

I think most benefit from 3.

Coincidently I don't play a wizard.

Mulcis/atti

i believe this splitting the tomes is a bad idea.

would give a huge advantage to int casters where a hybrid would lag behind

From what I have heard, the devs want to avoid making more tomes.Maybe we should combine SOME tomes and increase the AA's to complete them.

Strength+dex or Agility+Stamina etc etc... Lowering the Tome number although keeping the valuebility (think that's a word :p)

This is probably a horrible idea! <3 brainstorming.

From what I have heard, the devs want to avoid making more tomes.Maybe we should combine SOME tomes and increase the AA's to complete them.

Strength+dex or Agility+Stamina etc etc... Lowering the Tome number although keeping the valuebility (think that's a word :p)

This is probably a horrible idea! <3 brainstorming.
What would this accomplish though?

Not having so many different tomes..not that its a problem, heck if they did invent more tomes they could make them compound

I think it is arguable that no class needs all 4 aspects of cop. Maybe only beast lords.

Most pet classes don't need melee, and non-pet classes don't need pet damage.

Could require 2 trees done to do class tomes for balance possibly.

Wizards only one that could get away with only doing 1.

I think most benefit from 3.

Coincidently I don't play a wizard.

Mulcis/atti

I do play a wizard, and I like the healing aspect of my tomes for my heal clickys.

cool then you could fo ghe healing branch. i think this change would decrease the mountain of exp ahead of fresh 65'sinto managable hills.

i would rather max out one aspect of codex of power in a 150 aa then have all 4 at 4% while i work on cop2

again not saying replace cop, just offer an alternative and balance according. so what if an int caster finishes spell damage and pet damage and moves onto class tomes. not like there isn't still more exping to be done.

balance could come in how many have to be finished to work on class tomes.

just looking at options for new players.

hell my main is a shaman and would benefit arguably from all 4 aspects of cop but i would rather specialize in one at a time and even pay the extra 50aa in exp if i were to finish the melee one.

If people are serious about making it easier and less intimidating for newer players to get up to speed for raiding, I think this would be a good thing. I know tomes overall have a lot of issues though and the staff seems very hesitant to do anything with them. See: classes still missing class tomes, certain tomes being made nearly or completely useless due to class changes, ambuscade expertise still being a thing, etc. Although Berzerk being fixed lately gives me hope that maybe there will be more fixes and additions soon.

Only thing I don't like about CoPower is they are boring. Activly spending aa's is much more fun and makes you feel unique.

Only thing I don't like about CoPower is they are boring. Activly spending aa's is much more fun and makes you feel unique.

Very true but with only ~500 AA to work with for each character in this client there's not much that can be done there until 3.0 is rolled out.

Delete codexes as an item and give characters the bonuses of Codexes of Power as an innate boost after gaining the same amount of exp that they would require to fill after gaining the 250 AA prerequisite. I guess this is sort of the same as doubling overall exp except it doesn't affect people who have already filled a trillion tomes they hardly even gain benefits from.

Back
Top Bottom