Bard alignment ?

ttime123

Dalayan Adventurer
I have never aligned myself to any God. As of answering the Mq questions i'm chaotic/deeply good. Tarhansar would be the choice, but i have killed with him years ago in pow. What do any of yall suggest in this matter. I would like to go Enthan but need to get deeply good to neutral. Thanks in advance for all the help in this matter,

If you're just chaotic, you could get it to Neutral which would make Jayla possible. If you rather not change from Chaotic/Good, The Divine Light or being a Pariah is an option, and unless you really work on your alignment would actually provide a better bonus early on.

If you're just chaotic, you could get it to Neutral which would make Jayla possible. If you rather not change from Chaotic/Good, The Divine Light or being a Pariah is an option, and unless you really work on your alignment would actually provide a better bonus early on.

Divine light or pariah is a bad thing, as they will likely never have an aug implemented. As a bard, if you can find some evil things to do im sure you can balance out the good you have, and getting chaotic maxed should be fairly easy

I have never regretting being Shiritri, was really easy to get and maintain 20%. Break into houses and fence things to max chaotic, being deeply good is a problem though, there are not too many evil quest that make big bumps. I was at 20% but finishing COI quest knocked me into good and 15% bonus, took every evil quest the wiki has to get me back to 20% so if you are too good it might take some real work to get to 20%.

Here are some quick Evil alignment hits that will require minimal effort. When you find yourself stuck trying to choose between whether to aim for an Evil or Chaotic shift in a quest, weigh your options. Will you have more trouble finding Evil hits or Chaotic hits in the long run?

Newport

-Speak to One-Eye Murt in SNP and choose the dialogue option that will take his life. No negative faction or guard aggro will be given. For reasons unknown, you will also receive a book detailing Iksar genitalia.

-Speak to Foridin the High Elf in NNP and agree to sabotage his daughter's romance with the smith's son at the forge. The Evil hit comes at the end of this very short quest. This is only doable during the daytime.

-Speak with Foreman Andrin at the docks and choose [D2], the rude dialogue option. This is a minor Evil hit in itself, though you can follow the quest to completion for further Evil hits or even a Chaotic shift (though the Chaotic path goes hand in hand with a Good hit, too). Foreman Andrin only appears during the daytime.

-Kill the fish at the bottom of Blackburrow and give four (4) Piranha to Voleen the baker and insist that her reward is not enough. (Do so only once or you will receive an unnecessary Newport Citizens faction hit.) She is found in her bakery during the day and frequents the docks by night.

Oggok Mines

-It is imperative that you speak to Keeper Vaj in the far western area of the zone before you do anything else. Upon hailing him, choose the dialogue option that reads, "Why does it matter who they are? If they are in your way, deal with them as you see fit. Valk is whatever you want it to be." This option yields both Evil and Chaotic hits.

-After having done the above, return to the zone entry and speak to Miner Yrenis about his lost pack. Agree to retrieve it from the beast that stole it. Run up the waterfall, hug right, and you'll find the little guy. Hail him and choose the dialogue that reads, "Save your words and die, beast." Loot the pack from his body and return it to Yrenis, saying, "He's food for the worms." (This makes you KoS to the Nilvalk, rendering Keeper Vaj's dialogue inaccessible if you haven't already done it!) It is possible to glean a Chaotic hit from this quest by helping the little guy find food and then lying to Miner Yrenis saying that you killed him, but this would come with a Good hit and would preclude the Evil.

Azzerach, the Forsaken Realm (Plane of Fire)

-From the port-in, use your travel song to fly over/around the enemies and go toward the big island surrounded by lava. When there, avoid aggroing anything and track/speak to "A Wounded Hakim Soldier," who will ask you to fetch him bandages. Rudely decline to help him and you will receive a minor Evil hit.

Anyway, hopefully you've not already done them all! Happy questing.

I would suggest enthan because of the access to the rogue guild thing in newport. Its not as tough as you think, and watch out for the priest you hail, the chick for divine light is called enthany, which is confusing. Thanks devs.

You'd only be missing out on 5% of the bonus for not being neutral, which I guess if you can get completely chaotic would still leave you with 15% bonus and the aug.

I have never regretting being Shiritri, was really easy to get and maintain 20%. Break into houses and fence things to max chaotic, being deeply good is a problem though, there are not too many evil quest that make big bumps. I was at 20% but finishing COI quest knocked me into good and 15% bonus, took every evil quest the wiki has to get me back to 20% so if you are too good it might take some real work to get to 20%.

They nerfed the amount of chaotic hits you can get from the B&E thing awhile back.

I would suggest enthan because of the access to the rogue guild thing in newport. Its not as tough as you think, and watch out for the priest you hail, the chick for divine light is called enthany, which is confusing. Thanks devs.

Any bard or rogue can access this guild for 10 platinum. It has nothing to do with which deity you pick! The priest for The Divine Light is a man named "Priest Erlynn." It is a good idea in all cases to look for the deity of the NPC, which is located in parenthesis under the name. For example: (The Divine Light) or (Jayla).

There are many options in game to shift your alignment, but it is a finite amount. None of the alignment shifting options are repeatable. This is by design. Since you are already deeply Good, that has taken a lot of alignment shifts off the table. An important factor that you haven't mentioned is which MQ faction you picked. If you are Silver Crown that would help you shift from Chaotic to Neutral, and might be all the adjustment you would need in that direction. If you are Blackscale that would allow you to shift from Good towards Neutral but it probably wouldn't shift you all the way into Evil. The deity quest itself will also provide some alignment shifts, no matter which you pick.

Any of the deities with a Neutral half of their alignment will place more weight on the other half. This means only 5% of the total 20% comes from being Neutral. In your case, the best options are Jayla, Enthann and Divine Light. Jayla and Enthann will give you at least the 15% that would be your bonus from The Divine Light and possibly more. The Divine Light is not a bad choice, your bonus goes to 15% right away and you never have to work on it again. Keep in mind that the other deity choices will require quite a bit of questing investment on your part. And of the two, Enthann will take more effort to shift into perfect alignment than Jayla. This alignment shifting is in addition to whatever quest you would do for the deity augment.

In the end, your choice is your own. Consider the difficulty of shifting your alignment and the difficulty of the augment quest and its reward. Based on your Main Quest faction choice, and how much you enjoy doing quests overall, you should pick the one that gives you the most enjoyment. If you try and fail, you can always forswear your deity choice and go Pariah, for the flat 15% bonus just like The Divine Light. You have probably already checked it out, but just in case it will help look at these links on the wiki: Religion and Alignment.

Last edited:
Well, then it depends how much of the CoI quest line you have finished. The closer you are to the beginning, the more Good alignment you are going to rack up as you progress through it.

Jayla is already closest to your current alignment and if you haven't finished CoI that will only help. You would only need to find some Lawful quests and continue picking Good to have a pretty easy 20% bonus. Enthann would be more work, but it again depends how far you are into the CoI quest line. At worst you can increase your Chaotic alignment and end up with at least 15% bonus plus an augment. Either of these deities will be as good or better than The Divine Light if you are willing to put in the effort to work on alignment.

It really depends on which deity you prefer! Both Enthann (warfare) and Jayla (knowledge) fit the bard class. There are plenty of other quests with alignment shifts in the game other than your MQ faction, it is just one of the places people get a big chunk. As I said before, consider the augment quest and the lore that best fits your identity against the difficultly of completing the quests. Ask around, and see how people who have picked those two deities feel about their choice. Good luck!

CoI quests will continue to build your "Good" alignment unavoidably, but the main quest should have enough opportunities to counteract these with evil shifts. And by simply swearing to a deity you do gain a small shift, and that will be furthered by doing their aug quest (if they have one). Seems to me that you should be able to go either Enthann or Jayla and be fine. Getting to a 20% specialization bonus is supposed to require a good bit of effort (I'm still struggling to get my chaotic maxed) but I think most people will agree that the work is worth it vs swearing Divine Light/Pariah.

I joined Jayla and almost finished with Coi, at 14% Chaotic/Greatly Good. Does anyone know how to get Chaotic to Neutral. And by the way thanks for all you helping me.

Grinkles put a lot of work into the wiki page on Alignment, you should check there for starters. Olive linked to it above. You are going to want to look for lawful shifts to counteract the chaotic. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom