Duo Opinions

like *6*ticks HoTs which *stack* with another (3 ticks) HoT ?
I wouldnt call that "lacking".

At least one niche Shammies fill,*help out undergeared characters*,lol.

Dont,Clerics suck badly before 65/250,maybe if you're a masochist.

Conclusion:
Druids clearly win for people new to the server,you *need* ports for the main quest and the
Newport ring.But maybe there are people who enjoy running back and forth from Newport
to all the badlands or run through the MoP to Starfall or King's Pass and further through countless zones to Heartland Undercaverns to do the MQ,not to mention the countless
boat trips needed without ports.

original.gif

There are a lot of people that are basically saying that rolling a tank isn't worth the time or effort, both here and in-game. How true is this? I'm new and just rolled a SHD/SHM duo here, and this statement worries me a bit.

If I'm dedicated, would it be feasible for me to gear/AA up a new SK? I'm not looking to get straight in to top tier raiding, but I would like to raid at some point.

Starting a level one tank here is like riding a unicycle out of a garage full of Hummers. You can find keys to your dream car laying around anywhere.

There are a lot of people that are basically saying that rolling a tank isn't worth the time or effort, both here and in-game. How true is this? I'm new and just rolled a SHD/SHM duo here, and this statement worries me a bit.

If I'm dedicated, would it be feasible for me to gear/AA up a new SK? I'm not looking to get straight in to top tier raiding, but I would like to raid at some point.

Hello Sir. I am that guy that sent you a couple of items on yoru SK / shaman when I met you while I was doing my blackscale quest. To be honest with you it will be a difficult road but an amazing one later on in game.

Normally there are a ton of tanks in in the <Dead Ringer Storage> that are basically used by everyone. Basically what this means is that since there are so many underused higher end tanks people wont basically group with you or rather want to group with you with your sk tanking.

Now if you're the type of person that says fuck you guys and make your own groups then you will be able to do good. SK's at the high end are fucking beasts. They are basically required in every high end guild (not many on this server) and are amazing. If you put some time into your character (getting AAs, farming cash / getting good charms) the gear will come. Like I told you before... Just get to 65 and look me up (mostly on Diashan and now elefanteF because I got name nerfed) and I will help you out some.

Hello Sir. I am that guy that sent you a couple of items on yoru SK / shaman when I met you while I was doing my blackscale quest. To be honest with you it will be a difficult road but an amazing one later on in game.

Normally there are a ton of tanks in in the <Dead Ringer Storage> that are basically used by everyone. Basically what this means is that since there are so many underused higher end tanks people wont basically group with you or rather want to group with you with your sk tanking.

Now if you're the type of person that says fuck you guys and make your own groups then you will be able to do good. SK's at the high end are fucking beasts. They are basically required in every high end guild (not many on this server) and are amazing. If you put some time into your character (getting AAs, farming cash / getting good charms) the gear will come. Like I told you before... Just get to 65 and look me up (mostly on Diashan and now elefanteF because I got name nerfed) and I will help you out some.

Hi sir! This gives me some hope. I rolled the tank/healer duo with the intention of forming my own exp groups anyway.

Thanks again for the items.

This whole idea that just because differing views are being expressed that their must be some validity to all of them is fallacious and will eventually destroy our society. That is a bit bigger than this thread or this game, but something to think about next time you hear about the argument over blank or the controversy surrounding blank which is, in reality, 95% of people/climatologists/marine biologists/etc... versus a few crackpots or people arguing syntax or whatever.

You are making a completely illogical comparison between scientific and qualitative questions - where we do want some barrier to unfounded opinion - and a question which is innately based on human preference. If the question is "What do people prefer", then the fact that people prefer different things IS evidence that people prefer different things.

Want to talk about things "destroying society"? Lets add in false equivalence and sensationalism.

Back to the OP: Tanks are the hardest characters to get up to snuff if you want to spring to the end game as fast as possible. Still, they are also extremely loved when you get to the point where you are good enough. If you want the hard road, they are your bet. If you want something that takes less dedication, not really.

The big reason tanks are hard to roll is because they are basically worthless when trying to tier jump. So realistically, your tank is stuck doing stuff his tier, 1 tier up, or lower tiers. Other archetypes are a different story and can be useful in content that somewhat out tiers them.

I rolled a tank and I'm at mid tier. It is a little tougher to get into groups/raids lfm with my tank because of his gear, but there are times when I am able to xp/raid because I have a tank... There are some super cool people are on the server, and you are going to find stuff to do no matter what you roll. Some cool guys/girls may even take pity on you and let you tag along in higher tier content to scoop up some rotting gear. Also, there are low tier guilds for you to join and earn your gear tier by tier.

I would suggest you roll what you think is fun. You are going to enjoy SoD regardless.

Back
Top Bottom