Share your funny SoD pics!

Grinkles

Developer
Staff member
I'd like to see some funny SoD pics/screenshots from fellow players. Edited or not, it's always fun to see Dalaya from another person's perspective, so get sharing!

TIPS:
  • You can get very generous and free photo hosting via Photobucket and several other sites. All you need to do is sign up for an account.
  • Images might look best if you use the [ center][ /center] tags (without the spaces) around the image.
  • Our current client saves screenshots in .bmp format; converting to .jpg or another lossy format will greatly reduce the file size.
  • Don't forget your images might show up better if cropped or at least reduced in resolution. Not everyone views the forum on a 27" Skynet monitor! As a bonus, cropping or downsizing images will result in much smaller usage rates on your photo-sharing site of choice.

I thought I might start things off with this little gem. While paying a visit to Grobb the other day, I was delighted to bump into this familiar face. Ever the jolly Dwarf, Matbar even opted to pose for a pic with me! (S)he was much less talkative than usual, however, and wouldn't state his (her) business in Grobb.

MatbarandMe_zpse6c62410.jpg

Being incharge of updating my guild's websites over the years has led to me taking TONS of pics of chat dialogue and boss kills.

I didn't find any funny ones that weren't inside jokes, but man, thanks for the reason to take a trip down memory lane!

I look forward to this thread taking off!

Random pics I made/took/edited:

The world is a globe, after all!
Dalaya_zps3d491dd6.gif

JustMarried.jpg

R.I.P Thaz
ThazHalp.jpg

Back in the day, when I was farming for my charm, and PL was still a thing...
WPLExperience.jpg

Sightseeing in ValorB
ValorBimpressions.jpg

BOO!

Grinkles is a jerkface, that doesn't even look like me! I have a few things to throw on here. Proof that I actually have an evil twin and that strange creatures steal my tradeskill materials.

Proof that I actually have an evil twin and that strange creatures steal my tradeskill materials.

:monocle: Kaezul has his eye on your Tangleweed? Quick, chuck some of your crafted Ghostmetal weapons in his face!

dat rage

gre

there are other's from this dude but they are pretty graphic. pm me if you would like to see!

Last edited:
Be careful taking naps in Athica. You never know when your couch might be an enchanter.

:dance: That was me, wasn't it? I see my little WIZ Kranklin in the foreground back when he was still 55 with stupidly OP gear! Good times.

anyone remember woldo's epic-fail at the awesome boss-showdown gm event? (please note his acknowledgement at the bottom of the chat box)

only wish I bet more on Corefire!

This is a picture of one of the all-time sweetest hearts to ever get banned from SoD. Judging by the time stamp, we were probably trying to convince thade to drag us through the mud on claw commander or something. miss u siblyx.
trollipop2.png

Me being a big ass bird
R8hqKKm.png

RIP Spires Mob text
ICXC5XS.jpg

ihzkQ7w.png

Cat box
vH5mrTl.png

I used this screenshot to tell my RL friends im cool on the internet
gIXfVrk.png

h2oKq82.png

RzXkBjI.png

So some back story. I was hanging out on Zedaine in Fire Grotto one day and went AFK. Apparently Nathasar (who used to be PVP flagged all the time) decided it was cool to attack me (zedaine) while I was afk. Well it turns out I came back to the computer with like 5% hp left which I was able to zone / exodus to safety. I promised our dear friend that he would repay for his attack at a later date and time.

Fast forward to a time when Prestige was in Yclist killing Animation. I went all commando swimming through the waters to get to where the raid was and summoned some daggers on Kise and waited for the right time. At around 60% I got close enough and threw a dagger to the tanking Nathasar which caused them to wipe at 40ish percent or something. I went back by the main gate and camped while they recovered / made another attempt (to see if good ole nathasar would de tag).

After waiting around 20 minutes I noticed they were about to make another attempt so I logged back in . The raid was going flawless and I took it upon myself to throw another dagger at 20% and good ole nathasar while tanking animation decides its time to FD the mob (went in with triple damage stance and prime 2her). The mob ping ponged back and fourth from person to person as I ran back to safety to giggle like the fat little school girl that I am.

TL;DR - They wiped on Animation at 0% on what would have been their guild first animation kill because I PVP'd Nathasar. I am the reason why after years of being red he is now blue.

Back
Top Bottom