Back in my day.

Back in my day "leeches" were considered to be blood sucking worms and the term "leeching" referred to the practice of using leeches to suck the blood from a patient, also called "bloodletting" ... nevermind I guess this hasn't changed much and really doesn't apply to the "back in my day" topic.

Back in my day Woldaff, Zaela, Breaker, Volkov, Malleus, Gonobn, Ryst , a lot of others and I RUINED raid mobs.
Zhak and I sat in FR shouting at each other.
There were portals in some really weird spots like Whisperling.

Back in my day raids were 36 man.
NDHK respawn was so quick an on-tier guild could get trapped for not dps'ing fast enough.
Runetokens for portals were the bane of inventories.
Keys were the bane of bank space.
You didn't know when your buffs would end because no timers.
If you had zero percent exp debt it would eat all the exp from a kill, even a 50k boss kill, instead of only a portion.
Rivervale was the place to be and much merriment was had by players.

Back in my day..

Happyland existed, before people got all butthurt that people were occasionally butthurt

Rusty farm equipment, barbeque bloodfingers, dunking bricks covered in glue in broken glass and then taping them to your hands to punch people in the face, Garbodog, Tacotown, sundogs, and ripping cats in half were some of the most hilarious inside jokes on the server.

Attorneys at Lawl was a thing

I won like, every lottery. Seriously. I hadn't even played in months the one time, logged on out of the blue, bought a ticket, and won a title.

Oh noes, my ploygons

AE modrods to people not in your group/raid was a thing, and often done at the SNP bank followed shortly thereafter and totally coincidentally by crazed probably cult related mass suicides.

The art of win raids

The large but not comprehensive list of people Rurho would like to punch in the face was a thing

Oh and the mage archaic was a single target DD, and awful

Last edited:
I'll also add that back in my day Ruin had a large portion of awesome people. I even ended up being cool with Breaker when he came back as some ikky warrior with a name that started with an "A"

But I will also not forget the news post Ruin made all butthurt because Venerate killed Arbiter of Air before they did. Did we gloat a bit too much? Sure. But we lulzed all the way home since the only ringer on the raid, Terate, got ported pre-90%.

What I'm trying to say is...thank you Ruin. You made my playing experiences in Legacy, and then Venerate plus whatever the fuck other guilds I made all the better. When you guys fizzled out I lost interest in SoD for a long time.

Back in my day..

Happyland existed, before people got all butthurt that people were occasionally butthurt

Rusty farm equipment, barbeque bloodfingers, dunking bricks covered in glue in broken glass and then taping them to your hands to punch people in the face, Garbodog, Tacotown, sundogs, and ripping cats in half were some of the most hilarious inside jokes on the server.

Attorneys at Lawl was a thing

I won like, every lottery. Seriously. I hadn't even played in months the one time, logged on out of the blue, bought a ticket, and won a title.

Oh noes, my ploygons

AE modrods to people not in your group/raid was a thing, and often done at the SNP bank followed shortly thereafter and totally coincidentally by crazed probably cult related mass suicides.

The art of win raids

The large but not comprehensive list of people Rurho would like to punch in the face was a thing

Oh and the mage archaic was a single target DD, and awful

It's just my opinion, but my best Rurho moment was when we were in Thaz prepping to do Fire boss, Rurho takes an AFK to poop. We're waiting on him and waiting...15 minutes later he comes back and proceeds to rant for ten minutes about a gigantic coke can sized turd ripping his ass open.

It's just my opinion, but my best Rurho moment was when we were in Thaz prepping to do Fire boss, Rurho takes an AFK to poop. We're waiting on him and waiting...15 minutes later he comes back and proceeds to rant for ten minutes about a gigantic coke can sized turd ripping his ass open.

that indeed was a great story, i also enjoyed Thizik driving Draxx to madness...back in the day.

my personal favorite was " happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, my grandmother died and I'm getting a tv"

that indeed was a great story, i also enjoyed Thizik driving Draxx to madness...back in the day.

Wish I could have witnessed that. I got all butthurt post announcing 2.0 and didn't play for a long time. I missed many lulz.

my personal favorite was " happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, my grandmother died and I'm getting a tv"

That was also a hilarious moment. To be fair Rurho did love his grandmother!

Back in my day WW was a step in raiding.

Aisling I just noticed we started playing SoD 2 days apart

Back in my day Ringo was king of the knights, and Vah Sword proc'd Ice/Moon Comet

Also HHK floor 1 and 2 was legitimate exp

Back in my day, I would log in weekly to see Ringo and Jenks fight 1 vs 1 in front of Athica Gate..... Was spectacular to see 60 or more people in the same zone watching the duels

Back in the days.....there was a european guild called <Phoenix Rising> and raids where 32 man. Then one day it turned out that raiding scene was 18man and <Exodus> was made. Zodium was the best admin ever who held the ban hammer and swung it around like mad. Luclin and the moon was a fun place. Gm-Yally held a GM event and gave out 35 or so ndhk earings to ppl who where at the event Wiz got mad at him for doing that and took them away and threatened to ban anyone who made a whiney post about loosing it. Rurho Finster Thizik Aisling Aalasia was in a awsome guild called <Steel> and they where #1 raiding upper thaz. The nerfs IP zoti ear had 275hps then they nerfed tons of ip loots. Thaz class armor nerfs bard gloves had 2.4 singing =( . Foma was a gnome bard. Venerate was a guild that would progress very fast but would die out even faster. GM-Ikaa and dares. Everyone knew who Vartenaal was and had heard him being drunk in vent.

Back
Top Bottom