Back in my day.

this thread is becoming like a eulogy... as i check the population at 12:45 pst and theres 29 people online.

back in my day, a lower-tiered wizard named stope told me he was going to make the best guild on the server, and tried to recruit me. he actually seemed like he might be motivated enough to do it, but i wasn't really involved in the game enough at the time to get involved. you may know him better by the paladin he made, Ringo

Back in my day.....
Guilds mates helped each other over them self...
Wiz+Rust was a bad idea...
Waldoff changed someone sex on there char and they cryed and Waldoff told us to lie to someone high
Lots got ban for using macroquest
Back in the day I cared but now I just die a little everytime

Back in the days.....there was a european guild called <Phoenix Rising> and raids where 32 man. Then one day it turned out that raiding scene was 18man and <Exodus> was made. Zodium was the best admin ever who held the ban hammer and swung it around like mad. Luclin and the moon was a fun place. Gm-Yally held a GM event and gave out 35 or so ndhk earings to ppl who where at the event Wiz got mad at him for doing that and took them away and threatened to ban anyone who made a whiney post about loosing it. Rurho Finster Thizik Aisling Aalasia was in a awsome guild called <Steel> and they where #1 raiding upper thaz. The nerfs IP zoti ear had 275hps then they nerfed tons of ip loots. Thaz class armor nerfs bard gloves had 2.4 singing =( . Foma was a gnome bard. Venerate was a guild that would progress very fast but would die out even faster. GM-Ikaa and dares. Everyone knew who Vartenaal was and had heard him being drunk in vent.

Revisionist history imo. Venerate wasn't being reformed very much during that period my Swedish friend, since it mostly didn't exist during that period. In the beginning, we were alive from the inception in the middle of '05 until WR was shut down, and then upon the server being brought back up we reformed into Final Empire, which didn't quite get off the ground, as Tinkaa/Niko then made Exodus which took our Euro crew, which was a huge part of our success up to that point.

After that, I didn't return to the Venerate name for approximately 2 years, as Balthor formed Escutcheon, we later merged with what was left of Steel 1.0, reforming into Defiance after Jadn and I essentially got Balthor to quit. It wasn't until after 2.0 that I would eventually finally reform Venerate into a casual christian family guild, later becoming a big beefy dick after certain guilds died and made it a possibility to continually reform. No one ever caught onto what onos and I were doing, either.

RIP Coltaine, and a big thanks to Melwin and Liam for allowing me to inherit that character. I put a lot of work into that fella and I definitely miss him sometimes, but deleting him was probably for the best.

Last edited:
That Melwin ytmnd is the best. The tone of those times were fantastic, as "trollery" hadn't really skyrocketed off into oblivion and it was all in good fun.

Also, big thanks to Elitra and Jericho, as if I had never met the two of them I'm not sure I would have ever inherited Coltaine. They honestly got me into the raiding scene very quickly, I was level 52 or 53 and Elitra invited me to come do Plane of Torment with a newly reformed Legacy. Somehow I ended up having a long conversation with Melwin that night, and two days later I was playing Coltaine when Legacy killed Dergalak for the first time.

Oh, somewhere around June or July in '05, we did merge shortly with a guild that had a silly name. The officers from that guild ended up quitting Winters Roar (more so they just disappeared suddenly) and after not seeing them for a month we reverted back to the Venerate name. So I guess you could say that was our first reform if you wanted to get technical.

back in my day people cried because entire tier's were down and not one or two mobs in a zone

Back in my day we laughed at guilds using ringers to break into tiers that had gear gaps the size of the grand canyon while we continually fell on our faces. Tapein wasn't able to grow facial hair and Rabb wasnt just a rat, well... ok so both Rabbs were rats...

Back in my day we laughed at guilds using ringers to break into tiers that had gear gaps the size of the grand canyon while we continually fell on our faces. Tapein wasn't able to grow facial hair and Rabb wasnt just a rat, well... ok so both Rabbs were rats...

back in my day you were alive...

playing any of those emu's?

I still have a bald spot when I try to grow a beard on my right cheek. Luckily it's small enough that once it grows out enough it is pretty much covered up.

I hope all is well with you and yours old friend.

I still have a bald spot when I try to grow a beard on my right cheek. Luckily it's small enough that once it grows out enough it is pretty much covered up.

I hope all is well with you and yours old friend.

Hah, indeed life is good, busy as hell though. Glad to see you are still running around here. Maybe I should try to load the game up again some day soon.

Hey Deein, no emu's... aint got no time for that AND Minecraft

Revisionist history imo. Venerate wasn't being reformed very much during that period my Swedish friend, since it mostly didn't exist during that period. In the beginning, we were alive from the inception in the middle of '05 until WR was shut down, and then upon the server being brought back up we reformed into Final Empire, which didn't quite get off the ground, as Tinkaa/Niko then made Exodus which took our Euro crew, which was a huge part of our success up to that point.

After that, I didn't return to the Venerate name for approximately 2 years, as Balthor formed Escutcheon, we later merged with what was left of Steel 1.0, reforming into Defiance after Jadn and I essentially got Balthor to quit. It wasn't until after 2.0 that I would eventually finally reform Venerate into a casual christian family guild, later becoming a big beefy dick after certain guilds died and made it a possibility to continually reform. No one ever caught onto what onos and I were doing, either.

RIP Coltaine, and a big thanks to Melwin and Liam for allowing me to inherit that character. I put a lot of work into that fella and I definitely miss him sometimes, but deleting him was probably for the best.

You deleted Coltaine? You motherfucker.

You deleted Coltaine? You motherfucker.

It was for the best. He got name nerfed while I was taking a break, some ferg picked the name Diafann, and it was really just never the same. I put in a lot of work towards the end on gearing him/toming him up. I had just gotten past tome 22 or 23 when we just realized it was over, and would never be the same. You could have him restored if you really wanted, I guess. Eyate got Otcho restored some months ago, and he was who I made that decision with.

I tried to play for a couple weeks recently, and it truly is over, at least for me. I had a lot of fun with original EQ, but WR/SoD was far more grand and majestic to me, for a number of reasons. Mostly though, everything felt like Velious/Luclin era content on WR/SoD for a long time, which was when I was truly immersed back on EQ Live. I always loved a good competitive race to virtual pixels for some reason.

Truthfully, Coltaine died in 2010 with the dumb name nerfs of Coltaine/Icarium. Too bad there is a shortage of Wickan children in Dalaya.

Why Corlo and Sormo never got nerfed was beyond me, being it was all from the same series, but it makes me smile they still exist in original form.

Not for nothing, but after six years, Sormo did finally get that last torn page for his archaic. Funny thing is, Corlo had none of the pieces for his, and still I got his archaic before I got Sormo's.

The RNG had it out for Sormo, obviously.

Truthfully, Coltaine died in 2010 with the dumb name nerfs of Coltaine/Icarium. Too bad there is a shortage of Wickan children in Dalaya.

Why Corlo and Sormo never got nerfed was beyond me, being it was all from the same series, but it makes me smile they still exist in original form.

I'm kidding about Coltaine, I wouldn't come play EQ if you paid me.

I don't know if you remember (GM-Admin) Dujek, but those names were, originally, our little jokes on the naming policy. We picked names from a relatively obscure series, but picked prominent names within the series that we were sure would be noticed eventually. They were always supposed to be caught, but for some reason everyone was too busy posting the latest and greatest conjecture on how I secretly abused my powers to help [my current guild] kill [frequently contested mob] or screw over [rival guild] to bother reporting that.

Back
Top Bottom