If anything were allowed, what race would you have picked?

Current fame to fame reward (race change specifically) cost ratios are just ridiculous and seriously revamping that system would allow for ingame expression of these zanny ideas which would be much more interesting.
This is a good point, but I also admit it'd take away the novelty of those rare cases where you really do run across a Gnome Druid (Quila) or an Iksar Wizard (Froldo) or a Dark Elf Beastlord (Wywy). Not sure what would be the most appropriate figure as far as cost for race changes, particularly those outside your class's normal restrictions. I assume the staff would prefer it to remain an almost unattainable prize just to make it all the more thrilling when a person does luck into the opportunity to change races. On the other hand, I wonder how many race changes were won by lottery or giveaway as opposed to actually being bought the old-fashioned way with the huge sum of 1500 fame....

When Waldo did my race change he stated that I was the first to pay the points. This was a couple of years ago now I guess. I'm not sure who has since then as I've never asked anyone else that's had a race change. I wouldn't feel any better or worse if they changed the point system to make more available.

When Waldo did my race change he stated that I was the first to pay the points. This was a couple of years ago now I guess. I'm not sure who has since then as I've never asked anyone else that's had a race change. I wouldn't feel any better or worse if they changed the point system to make more available.
Whoa! The first person after all the years it has been offered as a fame reward?! Good info, albeit surprising. Maybe the fame cost really is due for a price drop...

they used to be pretty common rewards in GM events. titles too. but now there's no GM events, thus no race or title changes. sadly, my dark elf shaman was stolen from me, but i agree it would be awesome to see it return. i'm not even opposed to donating for a race change - whats the big deal, especially at this stage of the game?

I remember thinking three things during the last account drive:
1. Why do these things, and more specifically bonus xp happy fun time, only happen once a year?
2. Some Indian food sure would hit the spot. Curry fever.
3. $1500 for a race change? Fuck you.

this was two years ago, I believe your still the only one to have done it. iirc you had just won a bunch of fame in the lottery, otherwise this still would have never been purchased.

All I know is... I would drop $20 to change the name Agnis

There was a thread years ago about pay-for name changes that included the idea of creating a community database of any changes so people could not completely escape their reputation. It seemed like a great idea, though it would mean more staff busy work. Maybe the potential server income would make it worth while? I am willing to wager two kittens that if a "player relations" position was created just to handle this kind of thing that there would be applicants.

Tie-in: how about, like during the account drive, every dollar a player gives to SoD earns 1 fame? None of the fame rewards are game breaking and the ratio is still pretty abysmal (a decade of gold donation wouldn't net a race change), but it would be a nice acknowledgement for people who contribute to keeping the server running.

I am willing to wager two kittens that if a "player relations" position was created just to handle this kind of thing that there would be applicants.
That's funny. A friend and I were just talking about the prospect of a public relations representative for SoD a couple days ago. He promptly corrected me to "player relations," which is what you suggest here. :eek:

I got my race change after Wywy and also paid for a large portion of it. But I did have some fame, don't recall how much, that I had gotten from GM events over many many years.

I got my race change after Wywy and also paid for a large portion of it. But I did have some fame, don't recall how much, that I had gotten from GM events over many many years.
Didn't realize you'd gone through with a race change! Looked you up eagerly only to find you'd done the conformist thing by picking Dork Elf. :( Congrats anyway!

Back
Top Bottom