Class Question

Make one of each, level them to 30 or so, and see which you enjoyed the most doing it. Only way you know what style of game you prefer. Some enjoy melee, while others enjoy healing, or doing damage at range. Only way to know is to try them all. :)

Please stop bickering and shitting up someone else's thread.

Here is a piece of advice about classes that I have seen stay relevant for the last 3-4 years.

#1 and #2 sought after classes and this changes depending on the day is a mained cleric and/or enchanter that is good at pressing buttons.

#3 is a shaman

#4 is a ranger

#5 is beast lord

#6 is a mained tank but this is by far the hardest role to fill it requires a ton of playtime and investment by you and others to be of use rather than retired tank xyz.

#7 is any random dps.

#8 and almost never is a Druid.

This holds true in groups/guilds/raids. People always want to min/max and some classes are just that much more beneficial for the situation than others. If you want a more detailed reasoning why 1-8 is 1-8 I can get into that but I think 95% of the intelligent population that has been around for longer than a year would agree.

This list contains much truthiness, though you forgot Bards. I am not sure Rangers are in that much demand, and I think it would be fair to say Druids are not "not" in demand, just supply exceeds demand by leaps and bounds.

This list contains much truthiness, though you forgot Bards. I am not sure Rangers are in that much demand, and I think it would be fair to say Druids are not "not" in demand, just supply exceeds demand by leaps and bounds.
That's because everyone and their brother has a druid, whether alt or main.

This is true I did not mention bards but they could fit any random dps, however like Druids bards are in abundance.

This is true I did not mention bards but they could fit any random dps, however like Druids bards are in abundance.
as self appointed bard ambassador i need to qualify this with, for most of raiding bards would not fill the 'any random dps' role. Bard dps is not good early on, and mots/pot4 is what creates the specific need for a bard since they are pretty game changing during the low/mid tiers. Bards climb up to generic dps status when you finally get a couple of key items, fill up a few rhythm of the blademaster class tomes, and have more than one in your raid (so they can each make use of blademaster tomes); even then mots/fiery is still a pretty big deal.

clearly i have spoiled shimone to make him say these things.

Box a Cleric and a Druid!

Cleric tanks, not very well, but with two healers who cares? Track nameds to kill for cash drops, go anywhere you need fast, have ports, sow, damage shield, dots, nukes, good HP buffs, two rezzers, nice heals over time AND the most efficient heals in the game! That's how I worked my way to lv 65. Keep in mind that a Cleric works well with any class, but if you are a new player strapped for cash, a druid is the perfect box to start with. Feeling lazy and don't want to push a lot of buttons? Invite any of the eternally LFG non-Bango tanks around to do the tanking for you and three anyclass and you are set for a few hours of action.

I appologize, I don't mean to go WAY off subject here, but if this were D&D. 2 Clerics....omg, that would be crazy.

I appologize, I don't mean to go WAY off subject here, but if this were D&D. 2 Clerics....omg.

We should LARP!

As for which class to play, if you want a toon to easily gear up choose bst - they put it on every piece of loot.

If you want dps (which is usually saught after these days) wiz is the dps class in the list.

As for tanks, someone in the group is most likely just going to box a BIG BEEF even if you main a tank.

We should LARP!

As for which class to play, if you want a toon to easily gear up choose bst - they put it on every piece of loot.

If you want dps (which is usually saught after these days) wiz is the dps class in the list.

As for tanks, someone in the group is most likely just going to box a BIG BEEF even if you main a tank.
I agree with the wiz thing except before archaic and dmg 8 and cold 6/7 and a bunch of mana and FT wizards arent that great compared to a rogue or monk or ranger or necro or some class that wont run oom real fast

Back
Top Bottom