Codex of Power Revamp

This is entirely your opinion based upon no facts number balancing or anything other than you complaining and honestly its stupid.

Just because you are unable to understand what is being said does not make it stupid. My suggestion for making the tomes a 1-4 simplified universal system for everyone is easier to explain than why they would be a convoluted, exclusive, game-playing deterrent for an already audience specific game.

Tomes obviously should have been raid loot or they wouldn't drop from raid monsters. Just because you want to complain that you cant raid and get them doesn't mean anything.

Circular reasoning........ Really?

Show me something factual to support your argument other than "they never should have been raid loot everyone gets exp" does that mean expable items also shouldn't be raid loot? cause everyone could put exp into that also?

Scarecrow, Fact- Adjusting the tomes to the above mentioned suggestion caters to a larger audience.

As for your second statement if 2% can easily be over looked then why are you here complaining that you cant get that 2% in the first place?

God enough with the scarecrows already, learn how to argue, This is not about that.

Circular reasoning........ Really?

Scarecrow, Fact- Adjusting the tomes to the above mentioned suggestion caters to a larger audience.
You think there was no reasoning put into having those tomes drop from raid mobs? Impressive......

Your fact doesnt support the call for change pong caters to a large audience should we make this game pong? making the best loot drop off current tome dropping mobs also caters to a larger audience should we also do this change?

Second why would they change tomes instead of getting rid of them? if they would go through the work to make your suggested change instead of making the tomes AAs which tomes were a bandaid to fix being unable to add AAs. Changing the tomes to drop differently seems just plain silly instead of changing tomes to be what they were intended to be originally AAs.

Also changing these tomes will directly affect how people get their refuge tokens which would need to be looked at to see if it is a desired or undesired side effect.

I think its pretty clear the majority of the player base disagrees with you let alone the amount of coding changing that would be required and unintended side effects on the market that would occur. Are going to keep the staff wary at best of these changes if they ever even put forth the work to complete them.

But hey when you meet a brick wall run into it a whole bunch of times and see what gives first the wall or your head.

Last edited:
You think there was no reasoning put into having those tomes drop from raid mobs? Impressive......

Your fact doesnt support the call for change pong caters to a large audience should we make this game pong? making the best loot drop off current tome dropping mobs also caters to a larger audience should we also do this change?

My idea stems from the concept that the opus's are simply continuations of the other 2 tomes.

I think its pretty clear the majority of the player base disagrees with you .

Disagree with me all you want. I have yet to hear even the first syllable of a valid point against the ideas I have suggested. These changes or at the very least, the concept of catering to a larger audience would help the server immensely. I would disagree much would needed to be changed at all to adjust for this.

But hey when you meet a brick wall run into it a whole bunch of times and see what gives first the wall or your head.

This is an incorrect analogy for the situation

Honestly, y'all should make a new thread about this, so at least it has the proper title.
Or even a new subforum so it's easier to skip this over. So tired of reading the same topic throughout multiple pages and multiple posts... This "debate" has stomped out all the good ideas in this thread.

I have yet to hear even the first syllable of a valid point against the ideas I have suggested.
Second why would they change tomes instead of getting rid of them? why would go through the work to make your suggested change instead of making the tomes AAs which tomes were a bandaid to fix being unable to add AAs. Changing the tomes to drop differently seems just plain silly instead of changing tomes to be what they were intended to be originally AAs.
Sounds pretty logical to me

Second my analogy is correct you have seen that people disagree with you instead of taking that and changing your proposal or presenting facts other than "it caters to a larger audience" which is not a valid argument you just try to cram your idea through in its original state. Be adaptable be flexible don't be a politician.

Because someone gets a few percent more in damage or a 1 or two percent chance to heal does not require and entire game change. Of course you would be basing your entire argument on the idea that everyone had every tome that was important done.

maybe its the part where you state that all four ranks of every tome should be available to everyone outside of raiding. doesn't that imply that, in your scenario, players are getting enough tomes complete that they will require opus to continue their character's growth?

if a player does not have every tome that is important done, what would they need more tomes for?

edit: if you dont know, i dont like tomes, granting permanent power to a character who just puts time in the game will always skew power curves and perceived requirements for content. making them more accessible will only cause these existing issues to grow.

Sounds pretty logical to me

That is not an argument against my proposal, it is an alternate proposal. I am not against change if it is for the better.
The proposal I suggested is an adaptation of the existing system and is based in the idea of making the game player friendly. I am just trying to be simple, that is all.

I do not need evidence for a suggestion, I need evidence for claims. The only claims I can think of that I have made of the top of my head is that it would allow the game to house a broader range of players and it would. It is amazing how fast people jump cases when it comes to opus's. I made multiple suggestions and this one was taken and ran with. Its like talking about religion or something and about as rational.

Having to spoon feed and debate people I can barely communicate with is going no-where and taking up way too much of my time.

Yale
<Exodus>

I thought you were done 2 pages ago. Your points have been made, and not many or any agree maybe you should invest time elsewhere.

Also for your arguement for inability to raid, how did you manage to get all class opus and Turruj and spires gear without raiding?

I' done talking about this unless you really want me to answer that. Or was it just one of those get in the last words things?

Yale

Bunny_medium.jpg

And btw alternate proposals are always an argument to an existing one hence why in most industries they are called counter offers. if i need to explain that more to you then wow..... ummm yea....... you might want to enter real life at sometime

Okay Cinny and Yale, stop it. Both of you.

EDIT: After re-reading the last 2 pages (I'd advice anyone against doing that!), this thread is dead.

RIP this thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom