QoL Fix: make shrink persist through an illusion proc

fuwok

Developer
Staff member
If you are shrunk and proc an illusion, when the illusion fades you will be restored to your full size. This is a big problem for large races, who can't stay shrunk because they proc constantly and get grown back to full size.

I would like to walk around as a troll without having to use a permanent illusion to make me small enough to fit in dungeons.

Please! Help!

If you'd like to see this bug reproduced, I'd be happy to show you any time.

That's an issue with all double illusions. Should just reroll as small race or run perma SB illusioned but I don't know if that works either.

Playing Browok back in the day in Kaesora was the worst. Even with SB Gnome or Shrink casted he would get stuck on literally everything. Would be cool if there were some sort of fix. Maybe when shrunk all procs would be encapsulated in the shrunk form. Procing Dragon form while shrunk would make you a mini dragon, and when it fades, back to a mini Troll (or other big race).

I carry around a worn illusion in my ammo slot to make me medium and even that doesn't save me from getting reverted to my giant awesome self.

The best fix would be to make the default giant race size models a lot smaller. Does anyone even care about immersion anymore? Trolls and ogres would still be easily distinguishable from halflings and dwarves.

The best fix would be to make the default giant race size models a lot smaller. Does anyone even care about immersion anymore? Trolls and ogres would still be easily distinguishable from halflings and dwarves.

yes i care. i dont want to be stuck going up a damn stair because i was using levi. do you even ndhk bro?

I think by fixing the double illusion you would irritate as many people as you make happy. It is part of the race you play and the benefits/drawback of the items you use.

This bug does not exist because we want it to exist, but because it is surprisingly hard to fix with how the client deals with appearance packets.

I will let a coder elaborate, but I know it has been looked at before.

Even though this fixes my problem, I don't want this.

What I want is the ease of staying shrunk! Before everything in the whole world had to involve some illusory form that would undo your shrink/illusion/fire ele clicky, I could shrink once and stay shrunk until my refresh. Now, I can stay shrunk for 10 seconds tops before someone or something lays an illusion on me. I could stay shrunk forever theoretically since refreshing doesn't even exist now!!!!

Urgh!

vT91tIt.gif

Fuwok the Enchanter. A Troll who turns into a Fire Elemental, then periodically takes on the form of a Drake.

Maybe there is a way to have shrinks somehow work with the #size command. If #size is used, no matter what form is taken on it remains the size you set the player/NPC to initially

The worst part of this all is that I'm being forced to be a lizardman (like Obama) when i've spent all this time campaigning against his scaly ilk. Please help me by doing any or all of these things:

Take the illusion part off Ortanonoch
Let me put Ortanonoch in a forge to make a counterpart version without the illusion
Make shrink tick like a dot in the songs bar(?)

Imo, QoL changes like this that involve big picture issues (illusions/stacking) should really wait until 2.5. There's a whole fleet of bugs surrounding illusions and stacking that *hopefully* will be easier to fix in 2.5.

He that is not with me, is against me.

These words chiefly refer to Satan, and are a further proof, that Christ did not cast out devils by him; since they two are as much opposites, as can possibly be; Satan is not on the side of Christ, but an adversary to him; there is an original, and implacable enmity, between the serpent and the seed of the woman; there is an open war between them, and therefore one cannot be thought to lend assistance to the other.

These words also refer to everybody that would postpone fixing illusion stacking, shrink, and anything else that I want because I am very important.

If you don't want the illusion use a different weapon.

Just like when people with jyre want a different illusion they don't use jyre.

Yes. Oh for the love of god yes. Enchanters catch SO much flack for this when SB/AOD pops people's shrinks in tight places...

I'm curious as to what the code issues are myself?

Dusted off my old test server and changed 3 or 4 lines, seems like it's working fine to me (thought admittedly I only tested a few illusions and somatic bond/boon of the garou).

1. add variable to Mob to keep track of size modifiers (default 1.0)
2. set that variable when shrink/grow happens
3. multiply GetBaseSize() by that variable in the final line of SendIllusionPacket, the one that currently goes ChangeSize(GetBaseSize())

Back
Top Bottom