New player wanting to start

iPlayMobil

Dalayan Beginner
Hello and good afternoon.

I'm installing the EQ because I want to remember old times and I think this server is the best way to go. I've been reading about others but I think this is the one that most suits my characteristics.

So I wonder that such walks of people to do things like groups/raids, and also say that I have not much time to play now on top, then I would like you to recommend me a class in which over levels not I did do lack group or depended on others. And if usually do raids, which in most class need the guild?

That such is the atmosphere with the gaming community? and usually many events? Thanks for your time.

People will tell you just play whatever class appeals to you like you already know everything about the game through telepathy or something. I would not listen to these people.
If you want to join a guild play Cleric. Everyone is always looking for more Clerics. Unfortunately you will not solo the best so you'll have to box (play two characters simultaneously) a tank or melee dps. Nobody wants to gear new tanks, even if they say they do. Ranger would be a good box with a cleric and fairly desired later on.

It depends on how much you like EQ. If you are looking for a long haul then make a guildable character, if you just want to get to max level do some quests then make a class that solos well like necro or mage.

People will tell you just play whatever class appeals to you like you already know everything about the game through telepathy or something. I would not listen to these people.
If you want to join a guild play Cleric. Everyone is always looking for more Clerics. Unfortunately you will not solo the best so you'll have to box (play two characters simultaneously) a tank or melee dps. Nobody wants to gear new tanks, even if they say they do. Ranger would be a good box with a cleric and fairly desired later on.

On our last guild raid we had Clerics roll for the last spot not to mention I didnt even bother to log mine in (my main).

On our last guild raid we had Clerics roll for the last spot not to mention I didnt even bother to log mine in (my main).

And, if you are who I think you are, your guild still has Cleric listed as HIGH priority under recruiting as of being updated today. That is how much people want Clerics.

enchanters are the most desired raid class because most of them disappear/quit/play sporadically/want to quit because thats what maining an enchanter does to you, also they are disgusting in raids and 6 man. Your solo/quest game will be pretty painful though to the point where you take relative long times to kill green con mobs

Tev is 100% right. Number of mained Enchanters that stick around for the long haul is super rare.

Tev geared up like 15 toons on the back of his Enchanter. "If I dont get Item X, I am quitting my Enchanter!". Running guild with an iron fist and threats, the Enchanter way.

If u are looking for lowbie characters to travel with add Lythar(26 war) and Desin(21 wiz) to you friends list. I'm a casual player as well.

The hard and fast rule of this server is that you are going to need to dualbox. There are plenty of classes that can solo to 65 (if not all of them) but fewer can continue to solo at 65. Nec, Wiz and Brd stand out to me as some of the strongest soloers at max level with Mage, Rng, Dru, Shm and Bst being weaker but doable. I like boxing and soloing so I have my box'd mains and my solo main (they are in my sig).

Everyone 'wants' Clerics in that they never want to be short on clerics. Guilds will take you regardless and once you are in a guild and have access to their ringers you wont need a box of your own. To put it in perspective: I have never been turned down for a pug of any tier because of my cleric's shitty gear. In fact I have heard, "Your cleric and warrior are really under-geared but we can probably take the cleric."

My advice: Do not be an Enchanter. Dont get me wrong, I love enchanters and its probably one of my favorite classes.

Why mained enchanters quit: Ringers make everything consistent and easy but also super boring.

Enchanters are cool and probably still one of the strongest classes in the game but for different reasons than on live. On SoD enchanters are needed in higher raids and 6mans for the things that they are practically ignored for in groups. Most groups just round up 3 to 6 mobs and you beat them down or AoE them while the mobs kill themselves on the tanks DS. Slowing is pretty rare, I often cripple more than I slow just to drop the damage they do but not slow the DPS of the DS. Mezing is pretty much unheard of outside of higher tier 6mans and a damn good way of getting yourself killed because no one uses /assist.

Now, I was recently in a group as my enchanter with Lowako in Cmal3. I don't know if Tevinter was playing him or not but it was probably one of the most fun groups I have had on SoD in a long time. The tank was just abysmal. Nice guy but between the keyboard turning, couldn't hold aggro on more than one mob, went through my clerics mana like water in the desert (<1500ac). It probably didn't help that I was the healer and enchanter and pretty high at the time but god damned if it wasn't a ton of fun. Between having to keep things locked down on Mez to keep people alive, slowing the mobs so the tank didn't get spanked and dropping a quick bonds on Lowako to bring some DPS I felt like a god-king. I loved having that tank in the group, I actually got to use more than 2 of my spells on my enchanter and it was crazy fulfilling, though granted for the first 30mins or so it was pretty rough.

I love having an enchanter in an exp group. I am rarely seen without one, whether it's me boxing one or one replacing my box in a group. Enchanters make everything better ... increasd mana regen (kei/jb), increased dps through sb/aod and haste, decreased mana usage on the healers with slow and cripple (which means less med time). Not to mention the contributions of mezzing, which can eliminate the need for fd-pullers in many zones and quite literally prevent a wipe. I'll take a chanter in my group any day and often prefer boxing one to having a full group without one.

I love having an enchanter in an exp group. I am rarely seen without one, whether it's me boxing one or one replacing my box in a group. Enchanters make everything better ... increasd mana regen (kei/jb), increased dps through sb/aod and haste, decreased mana usage on the healers with slow and cripple (which means less med time). Not to mention the contributions of mezzing, which can eliminate the need for fd-pullers in many zones and quite literally prevent a wipe. I'll take a chanter in my group any day and often prefer boxing one to having a full group without one.
enchanters are good in groups but playing one is pretty awful. most of the time if you need to mezz/fd pull you can get better exp in a different zone (exception being training yourself in bloodfires and the notorious mountain king clear). shooting shit in vent and looting the mobs is what made exping my enchanter tolerable, charming is kind of cool but gets old quick because you need to recharm roughly 7-8 times an hour

enchanters are good in groups but playing one is pretty awful. most of the time if you need to mezz/fd pull you can get better exp in a different zone (exception being training yourself in bloodfires and the notorious mountain king clear). shooting shit in vent and looting the mobs is what made exping my enchanter tolerable, charming is kind of cool but gets old quick because you need to recharm roughly 7-8 times an hour
As a counterpoint, if you are not outrageously overtiered enough to not need it in your group, mezing can be fun in zones like Emberflow / Windstone. There are quite a few places with charmable mobs as well, but that does require paying attention. Depending on the group makeup, an enchanter may also be on slows, and you frequently will end up throwing debuffs and runes into the mix as well. If you have a good weapon and cascading bond tome done, you could also do some allright melee dps. For cases with caster (esp healer) mobs, the color stun lines can be used for interrupt management.

The class has depth, but it is what you make it. Your playstyle and the crew you roll with will ultimately determine if you enjoy or hate your job with enchanter. It's not for everyone, but I enjoy it at least.

Back
Top Bottom