Questions of Lore

AngryCow

Dalayan Elder
I've decided to put together a thread for asking some lore related questions to the players and staff, anyone can feel free to chime in! Please don't overly spoil any particular quest lines! If you have your own questions feel free to add them.

Without further ado, I'll start us off:

Who is the Cold Master? And what is he/she after?

What does the 'Amaranth' refer to? Some sort of apocalypse?

Who is Skirish'ka's sister? is she the witch from the legends involving Gruthluk?

What's happened to the Heirophant? When will he be making a return?

Does Elael have a physical form like other deities?

Why did Tarhyl abandon Azzerach?

When some races refer to 'Zarad' are they referring to both of the original dragons, or a different dragon/entity?

How was Haegra Malath twisted when it fell to planar Dalaya?

Is the current generation of elder dragons in Dalaya only the third generation of dragons? (Ie: Myr'Zarad->Zirvane-> Penerlia)

1) Huh? Shojar popped to my mind as god of All Things Frozen, but I think I'm missing something in regards of your question.
2) Ingame? No idea. Provide some context maybe?
3) I'd say there is an about 90% chance that Slar`thith`la is indeed the sister of Skirish'ka.
4) His last known location is the Odeum of Profundity, plotting World Domination for his liege. Chances are that you will have to track him down there unless he gets commanded to the field.
5) Elael is... the sun.. Don't think it is getting more physical there really.
6) Think of this as Tarhyl constructing his royal palace (Tower of Tarhyl) and moving on after the Great War was over.
7) The original dragons, Wer`Zarad and Myr`Zarad.
8) Haegra Malath never fell to planar Dalaya, it is and always was something inbetween a place and a plane. It isn't really twisted either, its just that after the demise of Malath, it was kinda left to itself, with no ordering force, wich led to civil war, kinda.
9) In fact they are only the SECOND generation (Source)

The Cold Master makes appearances in some of the deity quest lines. Within the Tarhansar deity line, Shojar professes his innocence in the master.

In Heritage in doubt Rizhal says that Myr'Zarad's original brood have ascended, to which I figured meant that they had passed on and that dragons like Zirvane were heriditary names or something.

Thanks for responses!

From Heritage in doubt:

You say, 'And who might the first brood be?'
Lord Rizhal says, 'The first brood consisted of one dragon of each of the colors, eight in total. Za`Yth, the first black. Zirvane, the first amber. Penerlia, the first grey. Vazak, the first red. Kyallor, the first green. Leskala, the first white. Yziar, the first gold. And finally Obana, the first blue.'

So yeah, 1st brood means 2nd generation, no?

Also said Cold Master would be some Cyzaine deity line metaplot NPC. With Cyzaine gone forever, I wouldn't really expect him to make an appearance, ever.

""Lord Rizhal says, 'Wer'Zarad and Myr'Zarad were the two first of our kind. Myr'Zarad, the great mother, hatched the first brood of true dragons. They have long since ascended, but still watch over us, their children.' ""

I guess what he means here is that the 'Zarads have ascended not the first brood?

Yeah, pretty sure those "ascended dragons" he speaks off are Wer`Zarad and Myr`Zarad. Not so sure they really ascended, especially Myr`Zarad. Also not so sure about that whole first brood thing, considering that a certain dragon named "the Firstborn" is not in that list. Maybe Rizahl is telling the official sanctioned dragon propaganda version of the past instead of the truth?

Considering that Slar`thith`la is described as "evil imperial witch", the myths about Gruthluk are really old, and there are no known empires in ikisith between the Old Empire and Kaezuls (wich is only 150ish years old) , I'd assume so.

Last time I read about this, dragons hatched (=were born) from eggs. Yet still, Firstborn isn't on the list of the first brood. What gives.

I Know Elael is the sun... but since he has a... celestial? form, does he have an elemental form or other embodiment which he uses to visit Dalaya? How would Elael rank in power versus The Four?

Where do demons come from?

There are several areas with "demonic" types of mobs -- Runnyeye, Deepshade, Sepulcher, Emberflow to name a few -- are these planar denizens that get referred to as demons or are they coming from somewhere else?

Demons (atlest those red winged dudes you see in Emberflow and Caverns of Darkness) are descendants of the Flare Fiends, one of the original tribes of fire spirtits that Tarhyl created during the great war, for reasons only known to himself.

Notsure to what you refere when you talk "demon" in the context of deepshade, I can't remember to have ever seen any demons there. Been a while though. Same goes for runnyeye.

In Runnyeye, there are humanoid and canine demonic types, the class questlines out of crags deal with them somewhat but never really explain where they come from - and I've yet to encounter any similar demons elsewhere.

In Deepshade I'm referring to the horrors (fiends), and wraiths, though on second thought calling them demons might be a stretch.

As far as Emberflow goes, I was actually thinking of Melek Taus (who, now that I think of it, has some similarities with the demonic humanoids from Runnyeye).

Back
Top Bottom